British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Swindon was one of the only poor meetings Zengi had. Rides Brandon one of the best i have seen & far more commited.

Spent last 2 years watching Kennett either cheating or very poor on all tracks so maybe a swap would suit both teams.

As i said before the season started, Zengi is an astute signing for the Bees. He is classy and can gate as fast as anyone. He may be prone to inconsistency as is typical of many of his fellow countrymen, but what you get is him developing into a 6-7 point rider who will put Britain high on his priorities.

• Like 1

As i said before the season started, Zengi is an astute signing for the Bees. He is classy and can gate as fast as anyone. He may be prone to inconsistency as is typical of many of his fellow countrymen, but what you get is him developing into a 6-7 point rider who will put Britain high on his priorities.

Yep cant be many riders who have Britain high on their list of priorities. If I earnt 10x. more riding in Poland I wouldn't! One of my favourite riders is Jason Doyle. Tough as nails, typical Aussie.. positive attitude, gives 100%, rode for Swindon with a broken neck!, Great in the pits, good team man,and celebrated with the team when they won the title at Poole. Very disappointed he couldn't ride for the Robins this season. Would be first rider on my Swindon team-sheet next year. Think he's still living locally at Lydiard Millicent.

• Like 2

Why wouldn't he? They must have at some point as you have Kennett on loan from Coventry. Riders will go where they like anyway so it will be Zengi's choice....if there is an Elite League next year.

• Like 1

Yep cant be many riders who have Britain high on their list of priorities. If I earnt 10x. more riding in Poland I wouldn't! One of my favourite riders is Jason Doyle. Tough as nails, typical Aussie.. positive attitude, gives 100%, rode for Swindon with a broken neck!, Great in the pits, good team man,and celebrated with the team when they won the title at Poole. Very disappointed he couldn't ride for the Robins this season. Would be first rider on my Swindon team-sheet next year. Think he's still living locally at Lydiard Millicent.

Doyley living in Lydiard Millicent Bertie? Crikey , a bit salubrious for a speedway rider isn't it? ;)

Doyley living in Lydiard Millicent Bertie? Crikey , a bit salubrious for a speedway rider isn't it? ;)

I heard a few of the riders have use of a workshop in the grounds of a house in Stone Lane(bit posh there innit!). One of the members of the now possibly defunct Barry Duke OTT motor-cycle display team owns the home.

Edited by bertie boy

Why would you you buy him? Tap him up in November then wait until March 2nd and loan him for next to nothing. I'm sure Swindon won't object :)

November?

Work on him now, every match.

By November he should be at the 'ignoring calls from his parent club' stage.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 4

Good night for our guest captain who occasionally rides for us as he tops the qualifiers at Lonigo & Troy in a run off after a blob in his last ride.

Batch through after run off & Pavlic left to sweat on whether Eddie gets a top 8 finish tomorrow or it will be a wild card for a British rider at Poole instead.

Another pathetic decision that someone gets a joker just cos the meeting is in Britain.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1

I heard a few of the riders have use of a workshop in the grounds of a house in Stone Lane(bit posh there innit!). One of the members of the now possibly defunct Barry Duke OTT motor-cycle display team owns the home.

Mr Hobbs the man with a van!

Good night for our guest captain who occasionally rides for us as he tops the qualifiers at Lonigo & Troy in a run off after a blob in his last ride.

Batch through after run off & Pavlic left to sweat on whether Eddie gets a top 8 finish tomorrow or it will be a wild card for a British rider at Poole instead.

Another pathetic decision that someone gets a joker just cos the meeting is in Britain.

Another fixture clash somewhere coming up presumably.......... ;) This time we'll book Bech Barker & Worrall........ :rofl::party:

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 1

Well done Hans and Troy, will now have to wait until tomorrow to see if Killer and Eddie get through as tonights meeting started but was then rained off.

We have to be on form the next couple of weeks as we have some tough meetings coming up with KL away on wed then at home on thurs followed by other top teams in July.

Mr Hobbs the man with a van! That's the bloke Andy Hobbs- Man and Van.He's got quite a few of them. He rents rooms and houses around the town as well. Rode quad bike in the team, with ex-Abbey legend Bazza Duke, son Kristan,who also rode speedway, and grandson ?who was 4-years-old last time I saw them perform at Bowood, 5 years ago. Tragic that one of the members, Steve Challoner, took his own life.

Well done Hans and Troy, will now have to wait until tomorrow to see if Killer and Eddie get through as tonights meeting started but was then rained off.

We have to be on form the next couple of weeks as we have some tough meetings coming up with KL away on wed then at home on thurs followed by other top teams in July.

May pop-up to the Steam Railway in Old Town on Weds to watch this if not working. They have board outside advertising speedway.

Edited by bertie boy
  • Like 1

Anyone know if the steam still shows the GP's on a Sat night?

It says on the board outside Elite, Premier, and Grand Prix speedway. They have loads of screens. You can always ask them to have at least one dedicated to speedway viewing. The Wheatsheaf in Ermin Street used to show it. We watched Poole-Swindon Grand Final at the Victory pub at the Village(formerly De Vere)Hotel at Shaw Ridge. Comfortable chairs, and they've probably never seen someone leaping out of their chair with arms raised for speedway, as I did when Swindon won the league at Poole :party: . Mad Wellie's Monk was an excellent place to watch speedway, as was Rosco's New Inn.

Season ticket sales are up at STFC, the ice hockey club has increased crowds, so why are the speedway crowds falling. Used to be the best-supported club in this town at one time. Start getting the fans involved more and listen to their views and concerns. Get out into the community, schools etc., So many potential and ex-fans that could be enticed back to The Abbey. Seems to be little rapport between the riders and fans at the track now. Make Victory laps compulsory!!!And those autograph-signing sessions they used to have after the interviews. Then the parade wouldn't just be held in front of a couple of hundred. Bring back some second-half racing for juniors.

Edited by bertie boy

It says on the board outside Elite, Premier, and Grand Prix speedway. They have loads of screens. You can always ask them to have at least one dedicated to speedway viewing. The Wheatsheaf in Ermin Street used to show it. We watched Poole-Swindon Grand Final at the Victory pub at the Village(formerly De Vere)Hotel at Shaw Ridge. Comfortable chairs, and they've probably never seen someone leaping out of their chair with arms raised for speedway, as I did when Swindon won the league at Poole :party: . Mad Wellie's Monk was an excellent place to watch speedway, as was Rosco's New Inn.

Cheers mate. Out in Old Town on Saturday so will make sure the pub crawl ends up in the steam at 6!

Coombdog the Steam Railway show all speedway Sky and Eurosport.

Will be there wed and sat, along with a few regulars.

Re run of GP semi cancelled so Killer and Eddie will have to wait and see when rerun

Edited by A ORLOV

Pavlic got to ride int he GP qualifier final last year because the meeting was at his dads track, so if he loses out because of a British wildcard he can hardly complain this season.

Pavlic got to ride int he GP qualifier final last year because the meeting was at his dads track, so if he loses out because of a British wildcard he can hardly complain this season.

Didn't realise that so guess two wrongs do make a right sometimes & the irony of that if it does happen to be Jurica who misses out.