British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Just been chatting to Ronnie Russell, who said that he had been working on the track all day yesterday (not sure why, as there was no meeting!) and had it looking great. But then at about 6:45 this effing big black cloud came over the Swindon area and dumped a whole week's rain in about half an hour, so had there have been a meeting planned last night, there wouldn't have been one-if you get my drift! Question-should we change our race night? As it is looking like we might get a repeat of the record-breaking number of rain-offs again this year (despite Rosco currently not being perturbed by it according to the Adver!)

• 4 weeks later...

I am a bit worried about our season hopes at the moment,what do other Budgie fans think?.For me not anough meetings no continuity i don't like changes being made but would you stick with what we have.?I was so disappointed about last night but we really missed Hans he leads by example.

I am a bit worried about our season hopes at the moment,what do other Budgie fans think?.For me not anough meetings no continuity i don't like changes being made but would you stick with what we have.?I was so disappointed about last night but we really missed Hans he leads by example.

Well Sidney, I will be pleased if we finish 3rd, as Birmingham and Wolves look to be doing their own Midlands resurgence and although we have matches in hand, they both have points in the bag. As for Friday, I am thinking of going out of curiosity!!!!

• Like 1

I imagine the lads are getting used to Hans missing meetings as he has missed so many this season.

Look at the reserve berths for me & give Eddie a kick up the backside as he's killing us in Heat 14 or maybe swap him & PK over.

Like you say though there's been no continuity of fixtures or the team & that has been a problem as well as so many points being used on the top 5 leaving us with 2 fillers cos of their averages at reserve.

Just don't feel it with this team & didn't when it was announced.

Edited by Crazy robin

I imagine the lads are getting used to Hans missing meetings as he has missed so many this season.

Look at the reserve berths for me & give Eddie a kick up the backside as he's killing us in Heat 14 or maybe swap him & PK over.

Like you say though there's been no continuity of fixtures or the team & that has been a problem as well as so many points being used on the top 5 leaving us with 2 fillers cos of their averages at reserve.

Just don't feel it with this team & didn't when it was announced.

Agreed! You would have thought that the Swindon Management would have learned from Poole's structure last year.

Edited by Chalkie

Dont know if its me i know the meeting was not great, but i thought the track looked good last Thursday.I think Nick did hit a hole in one race on bend 2 and couldn't reel the pole in but the crowd and track looked good encouraging such a bummer there is not a meeting on Thursday.

Agree with SCB i think every heat 15 he's ridden at Blunsdon where something rested on it has seen him fail...against Eastbourne and Kings Lynn?...ditto ht14 including the Eastbourne? meeting where he got lucky in the rerun...even at Eastbourne he started off on fire then dwindled over his last 3 rides....something about him i just cant fathom out or get overly excited about

Have no problem with the team make up whatsoever...

The problem seems to be when Hans is absent, I believe we have won every meeting when he has ridden and lost the lot when he's been absent (too many times) for whatever the reason..

We don't have the strongest reserves but Casper has had some good meetings and young Ash is one for the future and now improving at EL level by the week

Swindon should still make the play offs (subject to riders missing) with ease..

The biggest factor in the EL table standings is the form of Smolinski, Proctor (when fit) and Thorsell (Klindt too)...

Would admit to being a bit concerned about Ed's gradual decline in form though

Having lost 5 of the last 7(make that 6 out of 8 unless its rained off at Coventry on Friday) the Robins need a major turnaround to make the top 3.

Scunthorpe dont have to ride that many Thursdays but the Robins managed to clash with most meaning boy Birks has not had a fair chance. Far better to have kept Jason Doyle than sign Kennett, the Pole is occasionally hot but mainly cold. There is a feeling at Blunsdon that all is not well in terms of finance, direction, promotion and attention to fixtures and the fans.

I have no doubt we would have won last night if Hans hadn't been injured, he is a good no.1. I personally think he an excellent captain in the pits and has the experience to get the team fired up. , on the occasions that Batch rides with Hans, he usually goes like a rocket!!! Just hope Hans gets over his injuries quickly, he is certainly missed :t: Also hope Rosco will get the best out of Kennett too!

• Like 2

I have no doubt we would have won last night if Hans hadn't been injured, he is a good no.1. I personally think he an excellent captain in the pits and has the experience to get the team fired up. , on the occasions that Batch rides with Hans, he usually goes like a rocket!!! Just hope Hans gets over his injuries quickly, he is certainly missed :t: Also hope Rosco will get the best out of Kennett too!

Agree with all of that, Hans gives everthing for his team,even when he is not riding at his best, he is worth every penny in the pits and in my opinion is a terrific captain.

Like I said before if 1 of the Robins top 5 have a bad meeting you will lose. The Robins are already carrying Kacper Gomolski and sometimes Ashley Birks.

Like I said before if 1 of the Robins top 5 have a bad meeting you will lose. The Robins are already carrying Kacper Gomolski and sometimes Ashley Birks.

Ridiculous comment. (from a fan of the wooden spoonist elect) Remind me how many meetings the Robins have won away from home? The same as last season, we lose a couple (mainly due to weakened sides) and some press the panic button.Have faith, we have a terrific top 5, Kennett will come good again and Ash and Kacper will continue to punch above their averages. Young Nick is hitting form and Hans will be back firing everyone up soon.

• Like 1