British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Many thanks to Gary Patchett and Hans Andersen for agreeing to let Hans cover for Darcy in our next 3 home meetings!!! :t:

Will be like turning the clock back to 2009 with Hans riding at No.1 in a similar strength Pirates team. ;)

Kennett signing for Berwick means another D/U at Swindon -good or bad ?

I think it is good for Eddie - not so sure it's good for Swindon - especially as PL meetings get priority and all Swindon get for a rider in the top 5 is R/R! Hope there aren't any clashes

• Like 1

I think it is good for Eddie - not so sure it's good for Swindon - especially as PL meetings get priority and all Swindon get for a rider in the top 5 is R/R! Hope there aren't any clashes

I'm pretty sure you're correct, but it seems silly that he is signed to Swindon first, commits to their fixtures then the minute he signs as a D/U with a PL team they get priority over an existing commitment?

Surely it makes more sense that at the start of the D/U agreement one or other team is nominated as the priority team, and if that agreement is part way through, the original contract takes priority whichever way it falls?

EL plays second fiddle to PL, another nail in the EL coffin?

Edited by 65Sarge
  • Like 3

I agree. A very good move for Eddie, get a PL average allocated ready for next season, but a real worry for Swindon with two misfiring reserves and one rider already out injured.

• Like 1

Strange that Doyle was released as Swindon didn't want to use 3 "doublers". Maybe another change coming?

Actually the main reason he was released is because both he and Nick ride for the same PL club so both would have been away at the same time.

I agree. A very good move for Eddie, get a PL average allocated ready for next season, but a real worry for Swindon with two misfiring reserves and one rider already out injured.

Makes me wonder on here, we win the league after donkey,s years yet still some people are all doom and gloom.Did Kascper not contribute greatly to two away wins?it is not as though we are bottom is it. Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Makes me wonder on here, we win the league after donkey,s years yet still some people are all doom and gloom.Did Kascper not contribute greatly to two away wins?it is not as though we are bottom is it.

It's not doom and gloom, just reality.

Did you miss Birks scoring two and Gomolski scoring three last week?

We now have to use R/R for Morris, with the reserves covering three of his four rides.

And potentially we will have Kennett missing on Thursday 06 June and Thursday 20 June when Berwick have fixtures and Swindon have "reserved" nights.

• Like 1

You have to wonder who makes up these Micky Mouse rules, so we sign EK first yet potentially can't use him, bloody ludicrous, and you wonder "not" why fans can't be bothered.

Actually the main reason he was released is because both he and Nick ride for the same PL club so both would have been away at the same time.

You have to ask the question of why Nick signed for Somerset when Jason was already there as he could've easily been set up elsewhere in the Premier League.

The reserves will be changed as soon as they can be or at least one of them as simply both are too inconsistent.

It's not doom and gloom, just reality.

Did you miss Birks scoring two and Gomolski scoring three last week?

We now have to use R/R for Morris, with the reserves covering three of his four rides.

And potentially we will have Kennett missing on Thursday 06 June and Thursday 20 June when Berwick have fixtures and Swindon have "reserved" nights.

Well it did say on the official website that Eddie,s meeting,s wouldn't clash?.I did see last week and yes that was 1 meeting only,surely Poole,s demise tonight shows you that thing,s are not that bad!!

Well it did say on the official website that Eddie,s meeting,s wouldn't clash?.I did see last week and yes that was 1 meeting only,surely Poole,s demise tonight shows you that thing,s are not that bad!!

Well, if tomorrow night is rained-off (and the forecast looks terrible) it means we cannot re-arrange for either of the two "reserved" dates mentioned, otherwise Kennett will be missing.

As for Poole, yes, it's great, but we have to be careful to not become too complacent, because as tonight shows, the wheels can come off a team very quickly indeed.