British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Why the hell don't we give young Daryl Ritchings (a bloody British rider who is a Robins asset who hasn't turned a wheel in anger for the Isle of Wight this season) a shot instead of employing young Aussie riders who can hardly turn a bike ?

Because the Aussie is better than him at this moment in time ...Ritchings is a cl rider .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

...but he lives in/near Swindon and is often round at Rosco's with Morris!!!!! :P

Then Kurtz owed it to Rosco and Swindon to put in a decent effort, which he did not do last night. He has been around the PL for 3 seasons at least. English Roundabout called his performance the worst since Sumner McKnight. I did not have the thrill, or rather the lack of it, of seeing him ride. He must have been awful though!

Not on tonights performance. Totally out of his depth.

No matter how bad he was at this moment time he's scoreing 8 and above in every match at pl ...Rich is a second string nl rider to suggest he should be a el team at this moment in time it's madness ..there is gulf in class between Tom and El level and then another massive gap between Todd and Richings

No matter how bad he was at this moment time he's scoreing 8 and above in every match at pl ...Rich is a second string nl rider to suggest he should be a el team at this moment in time it's madness ..there is gulf in class between Tom and El level and then another massive gap between Todd and Richings

Did someone really compare Kurtz and Ritchings?

Kurtz is miles ahead. Saying that It is no surprise that Kurtz struggled in the EL. He has shown in the early part of last season that he can do a decent job and did very well in some meetings.

I still wouldn't say that Kurtz is EL standard tho. Ritchings is hardly even PL standard!!

Did someone really compare Kurtz and Ritchings?

Kurtz is miles ahead. Saying that It is no surprise that Kurtz struggled in the EL. He has shown in the early part of last season that he can do a decent job and did very well in some meetings.

I still wouldn't say that Kurtz is EL standard tho. Ritchings is hardly even PL standard!!

I merely said that Kurtz was dreadful on Thursday,,looked like he was not trying, and in that instance I'd rather see a local boy who will ride his balls off. Kurtz is I know a PL reserve, I do read Speedway Star but his performance was almost offensive - and I am a neutral by and large not a Swindon fan - except when Zagar was in the team..

I merely said that Kurtz was dreadful on Thursday,,looked like he was not trying, and in that instance I'd rather see a local boy who will ride his balls off. Kurtz is I know a PL reserve, I do read Speedway Star but his performance was almost offensive - and I am a neutral by and large not a Swindon fan - except when Zagar was in the team..

Agree...young Darryl walked past us on the terraces. Like to see the young Wiltshire-lad from Purton in the Robins team eventually, following other locals like the Ashbys, Kilby, Keener, Mad Wellie Holloway, Rosco, Hewlett, the Smarts, the Chessells, and quite a few others, who gave their all for their local club. Stoke have 3 Swindon lads in their line-up.

It was me that mentioned using Ritchings. I didn't compare the two, i merely queried why we couldn't 'blood' a young English guy who is making his way in the sport. I recognise his abilities and the fact that Kurtz is a better rider currently . He surely would have not been much worse than Kurtz. He was half a lap behind in every race, appeared to be not interested, and was abject at best. This high performing PL reserve owes us one suggest!

• 2 weeks later...

Report from Workington where Nick Morris is racing for Berwick. Accident in heat one and Nick and Tero Arnio off to hospital. Speedway updates reports shoulder injury. No further info at this time.

Lets hope Nick is okay as can't afford r/r with our reserves.

• Like 1

Many thanks to Gary Patchett and Hans Andersen for agreeing to let Hans cover for Darcy in our next 3 home meetings!!! :t:

indeed I am sure he will give 100 % for are rivals Poole :wink:

Edited by orion

Many thanks to Gary Patchett and Hans Andersen for agreeing to let Hans cover for Darcy in our next 3 home meetings!!! :t:

Will give him some practice for July 24th.

No further news on Nick yet, hope injury is not too bad.

Jason Doyle scored 12 from 6 rides for Kings Lynn at Wolves.