British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Great, are we going to talk about speedway, or perhaps revert back to the who what where why for's on whether Batch has signed, or whether it was ethical blah blah.......? :mad:

Tapes up soon english, assetgate will be a distant memory and everyone will be venting their fury on whoever has boiled their kettle ...

That,s fine your club get there loan fee, everyone happy i don't see why your club dug there heels in.I don't know the loan fee but it is not cheap but in this climate not knowing the longterm rules and points limit why would any club buy an asset?

Everyone isn't happy though. Rules change all the time (mainly at the AGM when Panthers have already made plans) so you can't hold everyone to ransome on that basis of what hasn't happened! You work with the rules you have.Swindon get to use Batchelor (a known irritant allegedly) on the cheap but he's still our problem at the end of the day even though he doesn't want to return and the feeling is no doubt mutual. It's ok people moaning about the bickering but while people keep claiming some sort of victory then that's the way it'll be. I'm bored with it as well but that's what happens when the BSPA MC say and do naff all competently!

The bit i quoted.

There's two bits to it!

Edited by Crump99

Blimey, you have thought it thru :D

I pressed the view it anyway link but I didn't expect too much and wasn't disappointed. Being a glass half empty person can be a bonus more often than not :)

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but in addition to the SCB rulebook, isn't there also a seperate 'Code of Conduct' handbook (or whatever) that is supposed to cover how members of the BSPA (ie the Promoters) are expected to deal with each other?!

Whilst fans are entitled to expect public confirmations/statements on issues that break the SCB rules, surely anything that happens against the BSPA's 'Code of Conduct' is likely to remain private between the respective promotions and BSPA MC - unless of course individual members choose to 'go public' (officially or unofficially) with their side of the story, to help sway/support their argument.

In this long drawn out saga, there is no way that Batch won't be allowed to ride for Swindon, but the BSPA MC should simply announce that they have taken whatever appropriate action they feel is necessary against the offending promotion(s) together with some sort of warning as to their 'future conduct'!!

It's called a "Promoters Guide"

swindon said have you got a copy you can loan them there to tight to buy there own copy

I heard they were told they had to buy a copy as they had already read it before the BSPA had decided whether or or not to use it.

Swindon have now released a statement saying they wont buy it but will wait until Oct 31st when they can have it for nothing. :wink:

I heard they were told they had to buy a copy as they had already read it before the BSPA had decided whether or or not to use it.

Swindon have now released a statement saying they wont buy it but will wait until Oct 31st when they can have it for nothing. :wink:

I heard Poole didn't like their copy so got it re-written at the expense of someone else ;)

• Like 1

swindon said have you got a copy you can loan them there to tight to buy there own copy

Swindon don't need one. They've got direct lines to MC members apparently willing to keep them informed about ongoing disputes and telling them how to circumvent Committee rulings.

• Like 1

Swindon don't need one. They've got direct lines to MC members apparently willing to keep them informed about ongoing disputes and telling them how to circumvent Committee rulings.

ouch :shock:

I do hope that you have evidence to back up that bold statement!

Edited by Crump99

All this goings-on about assets and loans, Meetings and MC's has all but killed the desire to use the forum. I sure everyone is sick to their back teeth with it. The sooner it's forgotten about the better. In the beginning, most posters had their own opinions on the subject, where-as now, they couldn't care less what happens. They just want to get on with the sport.........

• Like 3

ouch :shock:

I do hope that you have evidence to back up that bold statement!

Don't know whether or not VB's got evidence but I can't help noticing that Patchett seems to be getting messages about the situation (like the other day) from MC members and he did say some time ago that he'd been 'told' about the March 1st rule rather than he knew about it.

Edited by Barney Rabbit
  • Like 2

Don't know whether or not VB's got evidence but I can't help noticing that Patchett seems to be getting messages about the situation (like the other day) from MC members and he did say some time ago that he'd been 'told' about the March 1st rule rather than he knew about it.

Fair point:

“We are told after March 1, although it is not written in the rulebook, that any rider not in a team has to be made available for loan,” Patchett said" http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/10211045.Batchelor_confirmed_for_Kilby_Memorial/

Fair point:

“We are told after March 1, although it is not written in the rulebook, that any rider not in a team has to be made available for loan,” Patchett said" http://www.swindonad...Kilby_Memorial/

that rule to be fair has been around for decades, i remember when hancock and hamill got tapped up by oxford. they wouldn't talk to coventry. in the end we had to name a 1 to 7, at which point wagstaff demanded a loan and Coventry couldnt refuse!

that rule to be fair has been around for decades, i remember when hancock and hamill got tapped up by oxford. they wouldn't talk to coventry. in the end we had to name a 1 to 7, at which point wagstaff demanded a loan and Coventry couldnt refuse!

If that's true then you'd have thought that they had plenty of time to get it written into the rulebook so that everyone was clear. Harkess never mentioned it here http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/2183/decision-time-for-panthers

In fact if he had then surely that might have found a solution within days rater than months?