British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Yes we all know that, but why? The BSPA need to explain their reasoning, because it smacks of blatant favouritism and the usual it depends on who's asking, ie: Poole get AM when Swindon had offered terms, yet Batch isn't wanted by P'boro, yet low andf behold, you want you buy! Why clubs can't work together for the better of the sport, god only knows, and don't say well Swindon only want loans, maybe but are they not loaning Doyle & Zengota?

Like I've posted before, I believe this goes back further than the end of last season. Batch was wanted by Panthers last season but laid low until they'd declared an alternative line-up. Maybe this, and the apparent chats without Panthers' permission for this coming season added together have swayed the MC to stipulate as they have done.

Like I've posted before, I believe this goes back further than the end of last season. Batch was wanted by Panthers last season but laid low until they'd declared an alternative line-up. Maybe this, and the apparent chats without Panthers' permission for this coming season added together have swayed the MC to stipulate as they have done.

Panthers declared there team before anyone else in November so that means he must laid low for about two weeks ! add to that they must have been talking to riders a long time before to get a team out so quickly does not really fit in with there story about wanted Batch .

We gone over this a million times .

• Like 1

Exactly, yet we are the devil incarnate to some numbnuts on here. :o

Why then did Swindon release riders before they knew their team?.

I'm a Swindon fan through & through but have to say i'm also a speedway fan & our promotors could've handled this one hell of alot better & we would be screaming from the rooftops if it was the other way round.

• Like 1

Panthers declared there team before anyone else in November so that means he must laid low for about two weeks ! add to that they must have been talking to riders a long time before to get a team out so quickly does not really fit in with there story about wanted Batch .

We gone over this a million times .

Panthers' last match was 7th October 2011. If you start putting a team together a week or so later how many k-b'd 'phone calls do you make before getting the message the bloke's avoiding you? A fortnight of these unanswered calls later, start putting a team together with riders happy to ride for you with a couple of options to take in any changes at the AGM. They declared on 28th November. Nothing unusual in their declaration that year and nothing to suggest what they say isn't true.

http://www.peterboro...p?extend.1470.2

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

Its why so many riders are so desperately keen to get back there to race for them. Oh, hang on a moment.........

swindon don't seem that keen on splashing any cash for them

panthers have gone with bjerre and sundstrom what 99% of fans thought they would,there panthers best assets/riders

No, of course not Vincent. Peterborough are the complete good guys in all of this. They are totally whiter than white. Its why so many riders are so desperately keen to get back there to race for them. Oh, hang on a moment.........

Just remind us of the list again?

No, of course not Vincent. Peterborough are the complete good guys in all of this. They are totally whiter than white. Its why so many riders are so desperately keen to get back there to race for them. Oh, hang on a moment.........

I don't recall ever posting Panthers are totally whiter than white.

Three years ago they acquired a rider's services in iffy circumstances, were directed to buy him, and complied. Now the boot is on the other foot, same rider, same situation, Swindon won't comply. Can't see where Panthers are wrong on this occasion.

Three riders hardly constitutes 'so many'. Well, it would with Swindon's asset base, I suppose.

Well perhaps your promoter can come on here and clear it all up for us once and for all then.............................since he started this thread!

He did, in a way, remember. He said Glasgow would have to go whistle for their money if he couldn't have Batch on loan.

Why then did Swindon release riders before they knew their team?.

I'm a Swindon fan through & through but have to say i'm also a speedway fan & our promotors could've handled this one hell of alot better & we would be screaming from the rooftops if it was the other way round.

'Through and through'?.....k dude....

I don't recall ever posting Panthers are totally whiter than white.

Three years ago they acquired a rider's services in iffy circumstances, were directed to buy him, and complied. Now the boot is on the other foot, same rider, same situation, Swindon won't comply. Can't see where Panthers are wrong on this occasion.

Selective memory again! It isn't the same situation at all - as has been posted many times already. Swindon wanted to use Batch the year you are referring to - so that is why Peterborough were made to buy him. This time round, Peterborough do NOT want to use him which is why he should be available on loan!

• Like 2

Selective memory again! It isn't the same situation at all - as has been posted many times already. Swindon wanted to use Batch the year you are referring to - so that is why Peterborough were made to buy him. This time round, Peterborough do NOT want to use him which is why he should be available on loan!

And Peterborough wanted him last year when he went missing until they'd declared a team. I'm suggesting this situation is down to that and Batch's apparent chat about this coming season without Panthers' permission.

• Like 1

Or just speculation of one poster perhaps.

Of course it's speculation which, until the BSPA or either of the clubs concerned tell us something, is what most of this thread is. We can't see why Batch's signing is being held up, I'm putting forward an idea.

Some keep insisting this is a straightforward signing using some rule nobody's used before but the fact that, after six days, the loan has yet to be sanctioned suggests it isn't quite as straightforward as some imagine.