British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Do Swindon really think they've been clever and found a way around this one? There is no way after declaring he had to leave on a full transfer the BSPA will back down! And if they do, next year will be a farce, clubs will illegally talk to riders and sign them on March 1st.

Yup!

Yup!

Bless them then. Because even the rules are against them, the rule that says the BSPA will moniter all singings for the good of the sport. Sadly, however right you may be, the BSPA will always be more right. As Coventry and Jordan Frampton discovered.

Bless them then. Because even the rules are against them, the rule that says the BSPA will moniter all singings for the good of the sport. Sadly, however right you may be, the BSPA will always be more right. As Coventry and Jordan Frampton discovered.

So is it now a done deal or are we still waiting for MC approval?

It's a bit late in the day to be saying that now. The BSPA have backed themselves into a corner and can't do anything else but ratify Swindon's side. If they were serious about Swindon buying Batchelor then surely we wouldn't be at this situation now. I'm sure that there will be consequences but that's for another day?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

It's a bit late in the day to be saying that now. The BSPA have backed themselves into a corner and can't do anything else but ratify Swindon's side. If they were serious about Swindon buying Batchelor then surely we wouldn't be at this situation now. I'm sure that there will be consequences but that's for another day?

I don't see why? The BSPA said Swindon had to buy Troy, so that what they have to do. Just announcing you have signed someone doesn't mean anything. As I mentioned in the last post, Coventry once announced Scott Nicholls was replacing Olly Allen but the BSPA made up a rule that week and the team was declared illegal and Scotts points were removed from the next meeting and Coventry had to re-declare. So just because Swindon have announced the signing the BSPA can still veto it. I can't see how the BSPA can possibly allow this one without looking like push overs and cannot run the sport and it need someone independent running it.

I don't see why? The BSPA said Swindon had to buy Troy, so that what they have to do. Just announcing you have signed someone doesn't mean anything. As I mentioned in the last post, Coventry once announced Scott Nicholls was replacing Olly Allen but the BSPA made up a rule that week and the team was declared illegal and Scotts points were removed from the next meeting and Coventry had to re-declare. So just because Swindon have announced the signing the BSPA can still veto it. I can't see how the BSPA can possibly allow this one without looking like push overs and cannot run the sport and it need someone independent running it.

But, as has been pointed out, nobody but Julie Mahoney has mentioned the ruling ever being made. The MC also don't really care if they do make themselves look incompetent as in the JBJ/M affair when they merely said a mistake had been made the previous year but, hey, there you go, tough.

I don't think they have backed themselves into any corner.

The rules/counter rule/invented to suit rules will always mean they find a way out of it, no matter how daft it looks to the educated speedway public.

The ruling at that time was (in my eyes) that if Swindon wanted to declare Batchelor in their line up then they needed to buy him.

Now that March 1st has come riders not in clubs can (and should) be allowed to go on loan.

Of course there apparently is no rule (according to some) that exists - yet it appears to have happened - assuming it is ratified!

Don't believe him Steve. I regularly ignore Crump99, well as much as is humanly possible, but it doesn't stop him dribbling forth his blatherings. :P

That's another result then :D

I don't think they have backed themselves into any corner.

The rules/counter rule/invented to suit rules will always mean they find a way out of it, no matter how daft it looks to the educated speedway public.

The ruling at that time was (in my eyes) that if Swindon wanted to declare Batchelor in their line up then they needed to buy him.

Now that March 1st has come riders not in clubs can (and should) be allowed to go on loan.

Of course there apparently is no rule (according to some) that exists - yet it appears to have happened - assuming it is ratified!

Perhaps! In fact the BSPA could have played a blinder in that Swindon have nowhere to go but buy Batchelor if they want their preferred side ratified. If there's an existing ruling in place then that would trump your ficticious Mar 1 rule anyway.

if the loan agreement is wrong why are the BSPA sooooo slow in counter-acting against it by putting out a statement saying otherwise.....

this could run and run just like the AM affair..

I think we said the same during the winter of discontent. If the BSPA have something to say then you'll know about it.

Edited by Crump99

It would appear so...

http://www.swindonad...tchelor_ruling/

Surprise surprise!! So NOT confirmed then!! As I said on Saturday - a 'cleverly worded announcement from the Swindon Promoter' - probably designed to back the BSPA MC into a corner!

It will be interesting to see if this is all sorted before Thursday's P&P day and whether Batch will be 'officially' introduced and allowed on the track?!

Edited by Skidder1

Don't believe him Steve. I regularly ignore Crump99, well as much as is humanly possible, but it doesn't stop him dribbling forth his blatherings. :P

Some people just protest too much ;)

Perhaps! In fact the BSPA could have played a blinder in that Swindon have nowhere to go but buy Batchelor if they want their preferred side ratified. If there's an existing ruling in place then that would trump your ficticious Mar 1 rule anyway.

The fictitious rule that others have mentioned and that Swindon appear to have used you mean??

It wasn't a rule I made up. It has been mentioned by others.

As i have said, the BSPA will adapt the rules to suit anyway. Many other have been caught up (for and against) in the past and recent times.

But all we have for now is that Swindon have declared straight after 1st March so the rule you say is fictitious seems the only believable thing at this moment in time.

TBH I don't think the BSPA/MC can stop this, without making themselves look like a bunch of two faced hypocrites, you can't have essentially the same thing of PUK/Batch being treated differently, like I have said before, they had all last season after the AM fiasco to make a rule, ratify it and have it in place for team building this winter.

you only need a "like" from SteveO and you've got the treble :t: