British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Your opinion was the BSPA was always right. Yet now your opinion is they're not. Surely Swindon are now no better than Coventry and Peterborough were?

FWIW, I think this all stems back to last years weak decision on meidzinski.

I thought that was a Speedway Control Bureau Tribunal decision!!!

Why don't Swindon/Peterborough go to tribunal? Unless its clear who would win!! :wink:

A stevebrum classic ! ! .

If a football commentator said that Private Eye would have it on the "Commentatorballs" page :party: :party:

Except the ruling COULD go either way or why is Patchett holding out till March?

And it would appear many are expecting it to still be a loan (unless you are a Panthers fan). :neutral:

Swindon & Boro fans can keep clogging up this thread with continual bickering, but as I see it, the BSPA are at fault for their continual discrepencies of rules, Swindon wanted to use AM but he was allowed to go on loan why? Swindon wanted to use Batch yet he was sold, PUK can have 3 seasons loan at a club yet Batch can't why? If its true Batch can only go to ANY club on purchase only why? Until the people who so say run this sport get their heads out of the sand and make some rules, and stick to them, not make them up, depending on who's asking, then the only place they will find work is the circus with the other clowns.

• Like 3

Except the ruling COULD go either way or why is Patchett holding out till March?

And it would appear many are expecting it to still be a loan (unless you are a Panthers fan). :neutral:

The Ruling Could go either way but if it was 50/50 it would be evens and one option wouldn't be streets ahead :lol:

How's the amateur racing going ? Are we going to see you on the lakeside training track ? If so I'll come down and support you.

Edited by E I Addio

So has anyone heard if Swindon have a standby for Batchelor if things cannot be resolved amicably?

It'll not be amicable whichever way it goes. If Swindon get him on loan Peterborough won't be happy but Swindon will have their 7th rider but if the ruling stays as it is, well.....Has anyone heard if Swindon can scrape the necessary together or is there another rider lined up?

It'll not be amicable whichever way it goes. If Swindon get him on loan Peterborough won't be happy but Swindon will have their 7th rider but if the ruling stays as it is, well.....Has anyone heard if Swindon can scrape the necessary together or is there another rider lined up?

Must have made a bit on last year's successful season and then get a five figure sponsorship deal without spending much so why do they need to scrape together Batchelor's fee?

Must have made a bit on last year's successful season and then get a five figure sponsorship deal without spending much so why do they need to scrape together Batchelor's fee?

Because any spare has gone to Glasg...Oh, no, sorry. Forget that.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 2

The Ruling Could go either way but if it was 50/50 it would be evens and one option wouldn't be streets ahead :lol:

How's the amateur racing going ? Are we going to see you on the lakeside training track ? If so I'll come down and support you.

That's an opinion :wink:

As far as the amateur side goes its still coming on slowly, but at least have my own bike now.

I would love to come down for some training at Lakeside, just looking at as many paces to train as possible. :t:

Thanks for the query.

If the latter, presumably there will be an agreement to pay in installments. ;)

• Like 1

JJB sports are wrong then, they have a red and black 2012/13 away shirt?

Actually JJB sports are no more so it doesnt matter what they say but I forgot about their away strip and you are absolutely correct on this point - I was thinking of their third strip which is red and blue. You'd think I'd know being Scottish but hey I do make mistakes and am happy to offer you my humblest apology - this time :wink:

I used to go to the St. Mirren ground in the seventies when the Paisley Lions speedway team raced there.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Sullivan - on loan from Panthers!!! :party:

• Like 1

I've made a number of posts this off season stating I was supportive of Swindons position on the Andersen/Batchelor issue. I also said I'd have no problem supporting Peterborough if they were screwed. Well I now think Swindon have abused the whole process. I find their stance on Morris disgusting. He is irrelevant to the Batchelor situation. Yet the promotion are directly linking the two.

So they had budget for one purchase who was Morris. Yet still made an offer to Peterborough to screw the Panthers. Yet now they wait on the Batchelor resolution. And the plan is obvious. If they are forced to buy Batchelor they will renegade on the Morris deal. Because you see there are no spots left for Morris, so Glasgow won't be able to prevent his loan.

What would be hilarious is if Peterborough used the proceeds of a Batchelor sale to purchase Morris and then loan him to Swindon.

The issue I think most people are missing is that the BSPA don't have hard and fast regulations. They appear to work on a fairness give and take approach. Which is fine until clubs stop playing ball. It seems Batchelor is being force sold to balance the situation from a few years back. And that's where it gets messy. It's a bit like trying to be equally fair to your kids. That is only achievable by subtlety moving the goalposts to maintain the status quo.

By dragging Morris into this, Swindon have shown their true colours

• Like 6