British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

If Peterborough wanted to use Batch then it would be a no brainer - Swindon should have to purchase him but that is not the case so a loan was within the rules but, for whatever reason, the MC ruled otherwise.

Maybe the MC think they should have made Swindon buy him last year so are activating that precedent now.

As a team man there is no comparison, also shows what a Mickey mouse outfit they are they even loaned Bjerre out to Kings Lynn.Could you ever see us say doing that say with the great Leigh Adams.Also with Niels and look what he has done prospered into a world class performer.

To me, Mickey Mouse is agreeing a deal with a club to buy a rider, renege on the deal then blame another club not allowing you to loan a rider the ruling body have decreed you must buy.

Having assets you've paid for and wishing to have some say in their future moves is not Mickey Mouse.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 2

Your opinion was the BSPA was always right. Yet now your opinion is they're not. Surely Swindon are now no better than Coventry and Peterborough were?

FWIW, I think this all stems back to last years weak decision on meidzinski.

I disagree with most of your points - I do not believe one person or group is/are always right - whether that is speedway or anything else. I have an opinion and I can select what opinion I have depending on the situation. I think Peterborough are at fault here and as I've said previously it isn't surprising that both Peterborough and Coventry were the ones playing funny beggars this winter too! Fortunately, Birmingham managed to find some extra sponsorship which Swindon don't seem to have been able to do.

I do agree that the Miedzinski situation last year was a poor decision but even looking at this year PUK and Batch have been treated differently when I would have thought Batch had a stronger loan case than PUK - as PUK has had an extra season's loan - a decision based on whether your face fits or not?

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

I do agree that the Miedzinski situation last year was a poor decision but even looking at this year PUK and Batch have been treated differently when I would have thought Batch had a stronger loan case than PUK - as PUK has had an extra season's loan - a decision based on whether your face fits or not?

but surely it's the Puk situation that's wrong though, not the Batchelor one.

The biggest single factor we have here, is that the regulations and rules governing the Loans, Transfers and 'Movement of Riders' is not set in stone. If they were, everybody, The Promoters, The Riders and The Supporters would know what was right and what is wrong. But until such time as the BSPA sees fit to do that, then these ridiculous, petty goings on will continue. I've come to conclusion that the BSPA runs things this way, so they have the opportunity to create problems even to the point of making bias decisions.. There would be no need for another meeting to rule on a decision if everyone would know the rules from the off......

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 2

Whether the BSPA decision on Batch is considered right or wrong by people, now that the ruling has been made it must be adhered to. If swindon still want troy then they must pay the transfer fee, and if not then look elsewhere for their last rider.

It's not up to you though is it, or me or most on here..

Perhaps we should all wait until March and see what happens

How about that :t:

Why? Nothing changes. The BSPA have made their decision.

OK, I will bite..

If that's the case why has the Swindon thread been dominated by those with PBoro sympathies for ages..

If I were you, I'd sit there quietly and smugly awaiting for your view to be upheld

But you (and the others) don't...

Why bother :blink:

• Like 2

OK, I will bite..

If that's the case why has the Swindon thread been dominated by those with PBoro sympathies for ages..

If I were you, I'd sit there quietly and smugly awaiting for your view to be upheld

But you (and the others) don't...

Why bother :blink:

Considering you're using two of our riders again, want to use three, have been rubbishing Frost and Peterborough continually, can't see that Patchett does anything wrong, will not accept BSPA rulings (unless they are the crayon ones in SteveO's rulebook) and want everything on your own terms then why are you surprised?

btw, drove down to Dorset for the weekend and you lied :wink:

Iversen is a determined character, and i believe he could get in the top 8 in the GPs he is that good don't see why he would not have a good season.

He could scrape in but it'll be a struggle in this field and he'll probably need to improve further http://www.oddscheck...pionship/winner

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

Whether the BSPA decision on Batch is considered right or wrong by people, now that the ruling has been made it must be adhered to. If swindon still want troy then they must pay the transfer fee, and if not then look elsewhere for their last rider.

Why must it? Come March 1st a rider not in a declared line up can go on loan.

I thinks its 50/50 which way it will go with the loan looking streets ahead.

I see that you, Red Robin and stevebrum are having a sensible weekend away in the caravan, how's the weather?

It was lovely thanks, except for the biased neighbours in the red and black caravan next door that everyone else was trying to ignore. :t:

• Like 4

Considering you're using two of our riders again, want to use three, have been rubbishing Frost and Peterborough continually, can't see that Patchett does anything wrong, will not accept BSPA rulings (unless they are the crayon ones in SteveO's rulebook) and want everything on your own terms then why are you surprised?

btw, drove down to Dorset for the weekend and you lied :wink:

That's a bit harsh 99, I'll accept any BSPA ruling once they can work one out and implement it consistently..

In fact the only time I haven't was during that 'Winter of Discontent' when my sympathies were very much with PBoro and Cov.

As for your visit to Dorset you should have contacted the Man, he'd have shown you a good time :t:

That's a bit harsh 99, I'll accept any BSPA ruling once they can work one out and implement it consistently..

In fact the only time I haven't was during that 'Winter of Discontent' when my sympathies were very much with PBoro and Cov.

As for your visit to Dorset you should have contacted the Man, he'd have shown you a good time :t:

Fair enough but you did ask after all.

As for Dorset you misunderstand. I found what you said but it didn't do me any good :D

Why must it? Come March 1st a rider not in a declared line up can go on loan.

I thinks its 50/50 which way it will go with the loan looking streets ahead.

It was lovely thanks, except for the biased neighbours in the red and black caravan next door that everyone else was trying to ignore. :t:

Who says that about Mar 1? Even if it was or is true then it'd be irrelevant if there's an existing ruling in place. It doesn't matter whether it's perceived to be fair or not that Batchelor could go on loan elsewhere but Swindon have to buy, that's what the ruling body decided. The BSPA would look even more incompetent if they back down now.

St Mirren must have been playing away near you so tough luck on the neighbours but good to see the confirmation of your weekend away with like minded colleagues.

Edited by Crump99

Who says that about Mar 1? Even if it was or is true then it'd be irrelevant if there's an existing ruling in place. It doesn't matter whether it's perceived to be fair or not that Batchelor could go on loan elsewhere but Swindon have to buy, that's what the ruling body decided. The BSPA would look even more incompetent if they back down now.

St Mirren must have been playing away near you so tough luck on the neighbours but good to see the confirmation of your weekend away with like minded colleagues.

And like rulings never alter!! All i can say is don't be surprised if Batch goes on loan to Swindon. Many are expecting it.

As for the weekend away, it is as i said, only annoyingly interrupted by consistent nagging from the red and black caravan.

It's not so much the ruling, that the BSPA have made, but about the future interpretation of this ruling. This is not about Peterborough and Swindon, It's about a rider who wants to ride for another club. This rider, has been told, that for him to leave his parent club then it HAS to be done by TRANSFER. We cannot have a situation where this rider is available only by a 'Purchase' to one club, yet he is able to be loaned out to another third party if he wished. It's either one or the other. It contraveens all previous guidlines, and sets new precedents for the future. All this decision will do is muddy, the already dirty waters, of the sport governing powers.

• Like 1

It's not so much the ruling, that the BSPA have made, but about the future interpretation of this ruling. This is not about Peterborough and Swindon, It's about a rider who wants to ride for another club. This rider, has been told, that for him to leave his parent club then it HAS to be done by TRANSFER. We cannot have a situation where this rider is available only by a 'Purchase' to one club, yet he is able to be loaned out to another third party if he wished. It's either one or the other. It contraveens all previous guidlines, and sets new precedents for the future. All this decision will do is muddy, the already dirty waters, of the sport governing powers.

I believe the ruling was that he was only available to ANY club on a transfer - that's what I read anyway

I believe the ruling was that he was only available to ANY club on a transfer - that's what I read anyway

Unless you are the small number of posters who seem convinced Swindon are the Lucifer and Peterborough Jesus, then it only applies to Swindon!

I read it any club, which I doubt will be an enforceable ruling??