British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

His UK career was sorted months ago, alot of us saw the tweet. More unprofessional behaviour. I dont think Swindon would buy Batch even if they had the money, he's a hot potato.

Think it is no secret that Batch wanted to be back with Swindon, and the rider usually gets what he wants.

Think we all expect he will be with Swindon come the start of the season which is as expected.

He didn't want to ride for Peterborough, they were probably only considering him if Bjerre wasn't fit to start (all assumptions) so i think Batch probably jumped the gun with the alleged tweet.

A club refusing to abide by a governing body ruling is also unprofessional

And a club still refusing permission for loan after March 1st when they have no place for an asset is professional?

• Like 2

His UK career was sorted months ago, alot of us saw the tweet. More unprofessional behaviour. I dont think Swindon would buy Batch even if they had the money, he's a hot potato.

Show me the tweet - which I have asked time and time again on here and am still waiting. Hearsay isn't evidence!

I ask because I follow Batch on twitter and I didn't see it! A genuine request which no one has responded to - just rubbish about it being deleted :rolleyes:

Show me the tweet - which I have asked time and time again on here and am still waiting. Hearsay isn't evidence!

I ask because I follow Batch on twitter and I didn't see it! A genuine request which no one has responded to - just rubbish about it being deleted :rolleyes:

Its no great suprise that you never saw it Steve0, its rumoured you are the Arsene Wenger of Swindon :rofl:
  • Like 1

So Glasgow -- and their rider-asset, Nick Morris -- are made to suffer because of a playground squabble between Peterborough and Swindon?

Bad, bad situation. Nothing to do with Troy Batchelor -- who might yet end up at Poole, and wouldn't that be ironic -- but a clear case of a promise broken, and innocent clubs (Glasgow and Somerset) messed about, less than a fortnight before the official start of the season.

When you do a deal and shake hands, you really shouldn't have to count your fingers afterwards.

• Like 1

How any times?? As previously stated numerous times, Swindon wanted to use him that year and this year Peterborough didnt so there is no comparison to make! :rolleyes:

How many times!!!

Peterborough wanted him in 2012 but he didn't answer their calls. He did, however, answer Swindon's once Peterborough had declared an alternative team without him.

How many times!!!

Peterborough wanted him in 2012 but he didn't answer their calls. He did, however, answer Swindon's once Peterborough had declared an alternative team without him.

in about november ..as i said before very little effort .

I'm sure Patch had/has every intention of paying for him but then Peterborough put a spanner in the works and started trying to dictate - roll on March 1st to see if Harkess keeps HIS word

IF Patchett is so confident that he is going to get batch on loan on March 1st, then there is absolutely no reason not to stump up the cash for Morris is there? Why wait when he already knows the outcome? The article is complete nonsense and he seems to have forgotten the offers he made for Hans.

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 3

I'm sure Patch had/has every intention of paying for him but then Peterborough put a spanner in the works and started trying to dictate - roll on March 1st to see if Harkess keeps HIS word

I thought Harkess had already kept his word. As far as I can recall, he said he expected Swindon would get (talking about Hans and Batch) one on loan and would have to buy the other. That's the situation now.

I thought Harkess had already kept his word. As far as I can recall, he said he expected Swindon would get (talking about Hans and Batch) one on loan and would have to buy the other. That's the situation now.

If I was Peterborough I would rather get a loan fee for Batch rather than nothing at all!

I see we haven't solved the virus problem on here :rolleyes:

I see that you, Red Robin and stevebrum are having a sensible weekend away in the caravan, how's the weather?

If I was Peterborough I would rather get a loan fee for Batch rather than nothing at all!

Under normal circumstances that is logical and sensible but this doesn't appear to be one of those times for some reason? We still get him back either way so probably Rick will take the hit rather than feather the bobbins nest further?

He or the BSPA have been reported as saying that, is it written anywhere? We claim that they have made a ruling but Swindon only say that we claim that they have without actually quoting them, I think? If a deal hadn't been done by now then we'd have known about it and Swindon would have named another rider IMO. The only interesting thing is going to be how they explain how Batchelor ends up at Swindon and what ramifications that has for the future?

Edited by Crump99

Patchett has stated numerous times he will not be purchasing Batchelor so why on earth does that have a bearing on paying for Morris?!

He has agreed with Glasgow to pay for morris and hasnt and is clearly trying to delay the payment

Most promoters are as bad as each other, I still dont see what Peterbrough are doing wrong seeing as they were made to buy Batchelor two or three years ago from Swindon?!

He should be bought back its only fair, Peterborough would probably settle for a lower figure than what they bought him for despite him now being a better rider anyway!

• Like 4

He or the BSPA have been reported as saying that, is it written anywhere? We claim that they have made a ruling but Swindon only say that we claim that they have without actually quoting them, I think? If a deal hadn't been done by now then we'd have known about it and Swindon would have named another rider IMO. The only interesting thing is going to be how they explain how Batchelor ends up at Swindon and what ramifications that has for the future?

Barney is probably referring to the pre-hearing announcement by the MC Chairman re what he expected to happen. Since Hans is now at Swindon on loan and the stalemate over Batch remains (with Patchett excusing his non-payment for a rider he 'purchased' with the inability to get Batch on loan) I think it's a safe bet that was the outcome of that meeting.

However, I tend to agree that Batchelor will line up for Swindon but we'll never know the final deal details.

Patchett has stated numerous times he will not be purchasing Batchelor so why on earth does that have a bearing on paying for Morris?!

He has agreed with Glasgow to pay for morris and hasnt and is clearly trying to delay the payment

Most promoters are as bad as each other, I still dont see what Peterbrough are doing wrong seeing as they were made to buy Batchelor two or three years ago from Swindon?!

He should be bought back its only fair, Peterborough would probably settle for a lower figure than what they bought him for despite him now being a better rider anyway!

Rossiter doesn't seem to mention here that the Morris deal depends on what happens with Batchelor :neutral:http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/10172727.SWINDON_ROBINS__Rosco_wants_clubs_to_help_each_other/