British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Or, to cut it short:

"We bought Nick Morris with money we don't have. A sort of pyramid scheme.

When you turn up for the first meeting, just tell the girl at the turnstiles you will pay her, once your wages come in. After you've got a job. Maybe".

• Like 1

Or, to cut it short:

"We bought Nick Morris with money we don't have. A sort of pyramid scheme.

When you turn up for the first meeting, just tell the girl at the turnstiles you will pay her, once your wages come in. After you've got a job. Maybe".

I think you read a different article to what I linked to because the one I read says they budgeted for one Transfer. They expected it to be a transfer for Morris and a loan for Batchelor - and why wouldn't that be reasonable? It's called the Peterborough Effect! :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

I think you read a different article to what I linked to because the one I read says they budgeted for one Transfer. They expected it to be a transfer for Morris and a loan for Batchelor - and why wouldn't that be reasonable? It's called the Peterborough Effect! :rolleyes:

What happened to old ways of a deal is a deal...it's not Glasgows fault,if they did a deal then they should be paid,regardless of the other situation

• Like 2

What a way to do business. I'll pay my dues if....

If this is holding a gun to the MC's collective heads then I don't know what is.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

Because, when the shoe was on the other foot a few years back and Swindon wouldn't accept a loan deal, Peterborough were made to buy Batch, they did.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 2

And to think Swindon have claimed to be hard done by this close season!

Just as bad as Peterborough. It is certainly not the first time weve heard about financial problems at Swindon regarding paying for things is it?!

• Like 1

Because, when the shoe was on the other foot a few years back and Swindon wouldn't accept a loan deal, Peterborough were made to buy Batch, they did.

How any times?? As previously stated numerous times, Swindon wanted to use him that year and this year Peterborough didnt so there is no comparison to make! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Makes it pretty clear.

Cannot believe some posters are claiming dodgy dealings and Swindon not playing things right by announcing Morris as an asset.

Think they have been perfectly clear. It is only one promotion insisting on Swindon spending money they don't have.

They put buying Morris as priority and no cash for anyone else, what is wrong with that?

So how many clubs have splashed more cash this close season to validate such a ridiculous request?

We are in a recession, it is time some clubs got real.

Hopefully Batch will go on loan after March 1st to the Robins, if not then his parent club will be stopping him earning a living.

• Like 2

Makes it pretty clear.

Cannot believe some posters are claiming dodgy dealings and Swindon not playing things right by announcing Morris as an asset.

But he's not an asset of Swindon, they have not paid for him. Surely you announce a purchase when you have done the deal. It's unprofessional and so typical of certain elements in british speedway.

If Batch is loaned that's 3 loans payments going to Boro ( with them retaining their assets), a fair wedge I'd thought of the new sponsor money + the purchase of Morris, yet they would rather try and Bankrupt a fellow promotion by insisting on a sale, and you can't bang on about the sale of Batch to Boro as that's been explained and yet still questioned by certain dullards on here, no wonder Speedway is a laughing stock.

• Like 1

But he's not an asset of Swindon, they have not paid for him. Surely you announce a purchase when you have done the deal. It's unprofessional and so typical of certain elements in british speedway.

I'm sure Patch had/has every intention of paying for him but then Peterborough put a spanner in the works and started trying to dictate - roll on March 1st to see if Harkess keeps HIS word

• Like 1

Didn't Belle Vue announce schlein as an asset last season? Didn't Coventry say they had purchased Larsen?

Intention is one thing following through is another.

Think the press release is quite clear - If Batchelor had been allowed on loan (considering his parent club do not have an intent to use) then the Morris deal would have been done and dealt with now.

Wolves have released an intent to sign Wells on a full contract, they haven't yet (as far as i know). Isn't it a very similar situation?

Morris i am convinced will be a Swindon asset before the start of the season - so long as a parent club doesn't stop its own asset from earning a living and forcing Swindon`s hand.

• Like 2

Didn't Belle Vue announce schlein as an asset last season? Didn't Coventry say they had purchased Larsen?

Intention is one thing following through is another.

Think the press release is quite clear - If Batchelor had been allowed on loan (considering his parent club do not have an intent to use) then the Morris deal would have been done and dealt with now.

Wolves have released an intent to sign Wells on a full contract, they haven't yet (as far as i know). Isn't it a very similar situation?

Morris i am convinced will be a Swindon asset before the start of the season - so long as a parent club doesn't stop its own asset from earning a living and forcing Swindon`s hand.

He was announced as an asset, not an intended asset, thats clearly unprofessional.

Lots of aspects about the sport are unprofessional.

a club stopping an asset from sorting his UK career out could be deemed equally as unprofessional.

His UK career was sorted months ago, alot of us saw the tweet. More unprofessional behaviour. I dont think Swindon would buy Batch even if they had the money, he's a hot potato.