British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

I'm told Swindon could have fitted Zagar in so Gary must be confident he will get Batchelor, but will it be on his terms after March 1?

I would have given the visit of Belle Vue to Blunsdon a surefire miss, but if Zagar is there it becomes one to look forward to. By his own admission he has been called a diva, but Matej was magnificent for the Robins in 2009 and it got me driving down the M4 to Blunsdon for all home meetings.

I'm told Swindon could have fitted Zagar in so Gary must be confident he will get Batchelor, but will it be on his terms after March 1?

I would have given the visit of Belle Vue to Blunsdon a surefire miss, but if Zagar is there it becomes one to look forward to. By his own admission he has been called a diva, but Matej was magnificent for the Robins in 2009 and it got me driving down the M4 to Blunsdon for all home meetings.

Watched him a few times at Smallmead too remembertheracers. He was superb there when in full flight. When he arrived at Blunsdon i recall a few tentative meetings before he really took off. I would say one of the most spectacular riders i have seen ride the Abbey. Brilliant partnership with Leigh Adams.

On the flip side with Matej though, i saw him ride appallingly at Wolverhampton for the Robins when he just 'didn't fancy it'. After winning his first ride, he came up against Freddie Lingren in heat 6 who despatched him unceremoniously after initially leading the race for two laps. After that he was just not interested. Scored 4 points that night i think.

I reckon Zagar will average around 8 points this season, but Aces fans will be in for a mixed bag for sure. Certainly looking forward to his visit....if the track is grippy i can see 15 points or more for him!

Think he could average more than 8 is a class act i know ER rates him.! I do too first see him at Trewlawny with Wellie and later Reading will surprise too in the GPs this year.

Sidney, we agree for once ;) Matej Zagar is a rider who might just drag me along to a meeting in 2013.

There is a really nice photo of Leigh Adams and Chris Holder put on the Poole thread by Internetman, think it is very recent and looks like Leigh's workshop. Well worth a look for his many Robins fans.

Great photo, it saddens me to see a rider as smooth and fair as L Adams in a wheelchair, Leigh if you read this I wish you and your family well and prey you get out of that chair someday.

• Like 4

Perhaps after the BSPA meeting its either meetings with the lawyers or the bank managers!!! :P

For sure we'd have heard if the ruling had been altered and Swindon can sign Batch on loan so either the ruling stands or the subject wasn't even discussed.

Watched him a few times at Smallmead too remembertheracers. He was superb there when in full flight. When he arrived at Blunsdon i recall a few tentative meetings before he really took off. I would say one of the most spectacular riders i have seen ride the Abbey. Brilliant partnership with Leigh Adams.

On the flip side with Matej though, i saw him ride appallingly at Wolverhampton for the Robins when he just 'didn't fancy it'. After winning his first ride, he came up against Freddie Lingren in heat 6 who despatched him unceremoniously after initially leading the race for two laps. After that he was just not interested. Scored 4 points that night i think.

I reckon Zagar will average around 8 points this season, but Aces fans will be in for a mixed bag for sure. Certainly looking forward to his visit....if the track is grippy i can see 15 points or more for him!

To be fair English Roundabout almost all of the Swindon team were awful in that 2009 play off at Wolverhampton,

even Leigh Adams, whose record of consistency at the top level was fabulous. Didn't Barry Briggs give them a pep

talk before the second leg, and they almost pulled it back .

As to the Troy Batchelor situation the BSPA should have dealt with it long ago. Neither Swindon or Peterborough

want to budge, both think they are right. I expect he will line up for Swindon but one party is going to be unhappy.

Putting it off makes no sense, decide now Mr Harkess and your MC chums!

• Like 1

and according to the SS, Nick Morris' fee hasn't been paid either :o

Yes! I read that, unbelievable, especially when the Sky website says "Robins seal Morris deal" and that was before christmas, clearly says he is a club asset. Correct me if I am wrong but thought I read that on our website too. Would like to hear Patch's comments on the situation, there must be an explanation.

Will he still end up at Swindon? Glasgow need the cash so a sale payment will need to be made. Bet Glasgow now wish they sold him to the other EL club who offered more for him!

Right now, Nick Morris is available to any club, in either league, with the money to buy him.

He has no affiliation to Swindon, and Glasgow's former owners have made that very clear. The rider is technically the (new) Glasgow promotion's asset, but their team is complete and he would want to ride at EL level to further his very promising career, anyway.

It is fairly well known within speedway who have the handskakes which can be trusted.