British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Close! Unless there is a mutual financial agreement (not involving loan) between the clubs, and assuming Batch wants to ride in the UK, it'll be Belle Vue's Troy Batchelor.

Yea of course. :rofl: :rofl:

Loving the wit. :t:

Why is batch available tto loan to Belle Vue, but not swindon?

From the 1st of Match he should be available to both.

As batch is not under contract and not getting paid during the close season, i think you will find he can ride where he likes after march 1st no matter what the speedway committee says! unfortunately without all of this years rules not being in the public domain it makes it very difficult to come to any conclusion of whats right or wrong in this situation, but refusing to let someone work is illegal!

Well said. It seems some (mostly Panthers lot) seem to think that isn't relevant tho.

Albeit there is a statement from the governing bodies stating Batchelor must go on a full to Swindon but from March 1st another ruling will cancel that out. Well i would imagine that is what will happen. But who knows with the ever changing goal posts of the rules!

Edited by stevebrum

Firstly, it was 2010. Batch rode at Swindon and Ipswich in 2009.

The difference, as you want to know, was that we wanted him back in 2010. Boro wanted him despite that and that is why they bought him.

I have been saying this for weeks, but no one wants to listen, not to sound like a broken record, why can he go to B.Vue on loan but not Swindon, and why do KL get to loan PUK for 3 seasons?

Edited by noggin
  • Like 2

From the 1st of Match he should be available to both.

says who ???

I have been saying this for weeks, but no one wants to listen, not to sound like a broken record, why can he go to B.Vue on loan but not Swindon, and why do KL get to loan PUK for 3 seasons?

theres nothing official to say he can to the zoo on loan, so i'd take anything posted about it on here with a pinch of salt

Definitley Suffolk :wink:

Im sure of course you meant to confirm the answer as Norfolk but the extra fingers on each hand makes it so hard to type! Wink(smiley icon not on phone)
  • Like 3

Much has been said about Boro having to buy in 2010 and that therefore Swindon should have to buy now. Well there is a saying though that 2 wrongs dont make a right.

If there is a purchase Id say the fee should be significantly less than 2010. Ecomonic situation depresses the assest value as well as the fact that Troy it seems is viewed as 'high maintanence' which further reduces his value.

Firstly, it was 2010. Batch rode at Swindon and Ipswich in 2009.

The difference, as you want to know, was that we wanted him back in 2010. Boro wanted him despite that and that is why they bought him.

Yeah, ok, 2010 then.

Didn't I hear somewhere though that Peterborough wanted him last year but they couldn't contact him, then he resurfaced when their team was completed to sign for you?

Yeah, ok, 2010 then.

Didn't I hear somewhere though that Peterborough wanted him last year but they couldn't contact him, then he resurfaced when their team was completed to sign for you?

Thats correct VB, and there were rumours that Batch had been tapped up by rosco at the P'boro end of season awards before he became unreachable. Of course i cannot confirm the validity of this rumour, but it does make you wonder.

As batch is not under contract and not getting paid during the close season, i think you will find he can ride where he likes after march 1st no matter what the speedway committee says! unfortunately without all of this years rules not being in the public domain it makes it very difficult to come to any conclusion of whats right or wrong in this situation, but refusing to let someone work is illegal!

I believe he already has a work permit! so they are preventing him from working!

As pointed out, he's an Aussie, he has no right to work here. And he can't have a work permit, you can't have a work permit without a job.

As pointed out, he's an Aussie, he has no right to work here. And he can't have a work permit, you can't have a work permit without a job.

Do we even know he still has a work permit. Having 'worked' in the UK for over five years he may already be entitled to residency. Also working in Europe and long spells in Australia complicate it for speedway riders, but American's playing basketball in the UK pretty much to my knowledge never need a sixth work permit after consecutive seasons.

Then there's the complication of getting work permits. I expect speedway riders are on one year work permits which are extended annually (the easiest process). So I'd be very surprised if Batchelor isn't currently in the last month of his current work permit if he has one.

Which all probably means he is currently an employee of Peterborough. A work permit ceases (with a period before you need to leave the country) when you are sacked / made redundant. Somehow don't think Peterborough will do this.

Thats correct VB, and there were rumours that Batch had been tapped up by rosco at the P'boro end of season awards before he became unreachable. Of course i cannot confirm the validity of this rumour, but it does make you wonder.

What is correct is that Peterborough didnt declare him in their team - the rest is from your vivid imagination! :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

What is correct is that Peterborough didnt declare him in their team - the rest is from your vivid imagination! :rolleyes:

That Peterborough couldn't contact him was in the public domain. As for the tapping up..........

• Like 2

You cant declare someone who wears the cloak of invisibility, you dont need much imagination to work out Troy's little antics. Anyway, you would be wise to wait until after he's clashed with Mr Pedersen in the Kilby before you sign him, good mates they are not ! Edited by blupanther

That Peterborough couldn't contact him was in the public domain. As for the tapping up..........

I believe at the time of the Peterborough end of season awards Rosco was working for Coventry so explain the tapping up Einstein?

Although he did announce his leaving Coventry the next day :wink: Again - pure speculation that any tapping up occurred! Unless you were involved in the discussion ??

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

I believe at the time of the Peterborough end of season awards Rosco was working for Coventry so explain the tapping up Einstein?

Although he did announce his leaving Coventry the next day :wink: Again - pure speculation that any tapping up occurred! Unless you were involved in the discussion ??

Where have I commented on the tapping-up. We all have our own opinions on that. And less of the Einstein jibes mate, I've always stayed civil with you.

But since you have answered one of my posts how about answering my earlier one. Where can I find this rule you keep mentioning regarding this March 1st free-for-all when MC directives can be ignored. Where can I find it so I can see what it says?

• Like 1

Where have I commented on the tapping-up. We all have our own opinions on that. And less of the Einstein jibes mate, I've always stayed civil with you.

But since you have answered one of my posts how about answering my earlier one. Where can I find this rule you keep mentioning regarding this March 1st free-for-all when MC directives can be ignored. Where can I find it so I can see what it says?

Look at your post above where you said "As for the tapping up....." That looks like a comment to me! Lets just wait and see what happens with Batch and then we can all see if there is a rule or not. The rule I have mainly been referencing is the one that says if the parent club don't use a rider, he is available on loan!

Aren't you a Lakeside fan? I'm just wondering why you are taking such an interest in this?

• Like 1

If we discounted people speculating and assuming without facts then you'd not have much to post?

• Like 2