British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Close! Unless there is a mutual financial agreement (not involving loan) between the clubs, and assuming Batch wants to ride in the UK, it'll be Belle Vue's Troy Batchelor.

If only that were possible hey?! Remind me again why Travis McGowan never turned a wheel for Belle Vue when they had announced his signing. It wasn't to do with either party not wanting it to happen as far as I'm aware.

If only that were possible hey?! Remind me again why Travis McGowan never turned a wheel for Belle Vue when they had announced his signing. It wasn't to do with either party not wanting it to happen as far as I'm aware.

was Mcgowan based in sweden when belle vue announced him, thats why he didn't get a visa ???

batch is usualy based with the devils in the high 6 county

Edited by hans fan

Well that's progress from quoting rules which don't exist. Isn't it also about accepting a BSPA ruling rather than sticking your fingers in your ears expecting to get your own way in the end by doing nothing apart from speaking to the press? Buzz has made good points and if Patchett could just shut up and both clubs could come to a financial settlement and do a joint press release to say they are happy with the outcome then perhaps that's the way to go. If not then the ruling stands - that's easy enough to understand isn't it?

We are never going to agree about this :rolleyes:

There is a rule which says that if a team isn't using one of their assets then they can go out on loan. Why the MC have decided anything different is beyond comprehension but, as you keep going on about rules - the rule I mentioned is the one I'd go with. Why should they come to any financial settlement and why should Patch shut up (although he hasn't said much on the subject lately) - the rules are the rules! :rolleyes:

There is a rule which says that if a team isn't using one of their assets then they can go out on loan. Why the MC have decided anything different is beyond comprehension but, as you keep going on about rules - the rule I mentioned is the one I'd go with. Why should they come to any financial settlement and why should Patch shut up (although he hasn't said much on the subject lately) - the rules are the rules! :rolleyes:

...and the MC have ruled that Batch must be purchased - as the rules allow the MC to do!! Unless of course they reverse their decision next week at their meeting!! :wink:

• Like 1

...and the MC have ruled that Batch must be purchased - as the rules allow the MC to do!! Unless of course they reverse their decision next week at their meeting!! :wink:

Trying hard to understand why some folk on here are failing to understand this skidder, they keep banging on about Batch going on loan, but he has a MC ruling on him already. Is their some form of mental block in Wiltshire do you think :rofl:
  • Like 1

That's part of speedway's problem though. Speedway isn't about racing these days, it's about politics and an overcomplicated rule book. Where is it said that the challenge matches were pulled over this? The EoES is unavailable, and with a weekend event scheduled that does seem rather coincidental but not unusual at our place unfortunately. I agree that it shouldn't have got to this point. Hopefully they sort it so that it doesn't in future, the riders deserve that.

As do us fans. ;)

Ditto what you say about the Rule Book! A simple sport made ludicrously confused.

It's interesting - for a Swindon thread, it seems Crump99 has posted nearly as many times as me. Does this mean I've got a stalker? :wink:

Anyway only a few weeks to go to find out if Batch will be in or out of work. Silly me, I thought promoters were supposed to look after their assets :rolleyes:

I do love roll-eyes - if ever you want to inflame the situation then just use them - oops you do all too regularly!

Rules only generally apply under normal circumstances but these are not normal circumstance as the MC has allegedly ruled. If you had any brains (apologies you'll probably point out that's against the rules?) you'd be asking whether this ruling is in writing anywhere because if it's not then it's as useless as your March 1 rule. Without that ruling in writing I suspect you'll get your wish without too much trouble. If it is in writing then the finance applies because:

"The Management Committee decision to uphold a previous ruling that another of their assets, Troy Batchelor, can only leave the club on a full transfer.Australian ace Batchelor is wanted by reigning Elite League champions Swindon after helping the Wiltshire club to the title while on loan last year, but the Robins are not thought to be willing to buy him."

Edited by Crump99

Two good riders signed up for Bob Kilby Meeting on March 14th, Troy Batchelor and Nicki Pedersen.

Great news 'A ORLOV' chuffed every year killer gets remembered a lovely bloke great rider.Hopefully maybe a Malc Holloway night might happen? A lovely man a very good rider at his best he beat the best at one time or another but he did love the Robins so winning the league this year he would of loved it KILLER and MALC legends in my eyes.
  • Like 2

Can't see Batchelor wanting to ride for Belle Vue and surely when it comes down to it, he could easily force a loan move to Swindon on the rounds they are not allowing him the right to work especially when a loan move is available for him to another track.

Must admit though, Ryan Sullivan at Swindon would be a decent signing as a replacement ...... unless its has to be a full transfer. ;)

"The Management Committee decision to uphold a previous ruling that another of their assets, Troy Batchelor, can only leave the club on a full transfer.Australian ace Batchelor is wanted by reigning Elite League champions Swindon after helping the Wiltshire club to the title while on loan last year, but the Robins are not thought to be willing to buy him."

I think this text from memory taken from a Julie release to the Peterborough local rag sums it up!

"may only leave the club on a full transfer" no suffix of 'if he goes to Swindon' or 'but he can join Belle Vue on loan'

So if no club wants to buy Troy if this rule is enforced I can see bad ramifications for the sport as it would clearly be denying him the opportunity to earn a living by signing for a team on loan (any team not just Swindon) and IF this wording is correct, I think the MC have dropped a bit of a semen producing spherical object here!

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, can't see the Aces buying Troy, perhaps a loan deal will happen if this March 1 rule proves correct and takes precedence over this apparently unenforceable ruling?

For the sake of the sport I hope all involved can see sense, shake hands and do a deal of some sort where the rider and clubs get a fair deal and another talent who is good to watch is not lost to the UK forever.

Yes he may have in the past acted like a petulant child but at least he wants to ride in the UK.

If Belle Vue were to offer him a place but he turned it down because he didn't want to ride there, he could hardly claim he was being denied the right to work.

In any event, as a non EU citizen, does he have any such rights?

Doesn't he live in England though and therefore is a British Citizen ?

It does rather muddy-the-waters if Peterborough are willing to loan Batch to Belle Vue don't it!

I'm pretty sure Batch, being Batch, will only ride where he wishes to.

Great news 'A ORLOV' chuffed every year killer gets remembered a lovely bloke great rider.Hopefully maybe a Malc Holloway night might happen? A lovely man a very good rider at his best he beat the best at one time or another but he did love the Robins so winning the league this year he would of loved it KILLER and MALC legends in my eyes.

In all Swindon fans eyes. :) Swindon doesn't feel the same without these guys around and about. Top blokes. They don't make 'em like that any more.

I excitedly clicked on a banner on the Robins website that, to me, suggested it would lead to info about Bob's meeting. Imagine my surprise, and disappointment, when it was just a sneaky link to a marketing company. So and so's! :-p

Edited by BuzzCagney