British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

According to the speedway star, troy already has his work permit in place! lets just hope the powers that be see sense before this all goes legal and drags the sport even deeper into the abyss!

See sense as in let Patch/Rosco have their way or see sense as in the BSPA/MC stand by their directive and not allow Batch to ride for Swindon unless they buy him?

And of course, should this go legal, Swindon will still need someone else to ride for the season at least before it reaches court and a decision - which may well go against whoever brings the case (because Batch won't) - is made.

Much better for Swindon to buy him or he ride for Belle Vue whilst a different system is thought of and voted in.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

According to the speedway star, troy already has his work permit in place! lets just hope the powers that be see sense before this all goes legal and drags the sport even deeper into the abyss!

Or they could do what we had to do with Monberg: "However, we have no choice other than to swallow a bitter pill and must now consider the several options we have for this position in the team." and consequently "We could go into the realms of a legal fight but there are three reasons why that is not going to happen - it would be costly, it would be time-consuming and it could be very damaging for the sport."

The difference here of course is that we were totally shafted but all Swindon have to do is get there wallet out rather than throw the toys out!

Edited by Crump99

Or they could do what we had to do with Monberg: "However, we have no choice other than to swallow a bitter pill and must now consider the several options we have for this position in the team." and consequently "We could go into the realms of a legal fight but there are three reasons why that is not going to happen - it would be costly, it would be time-consuming and it could be very damaging for the sport."

The difference hear of course is that we were totally shafted but all Swindon have to do is get there wallet out.

i'm not fussed what way it goes,if swindon get batch on loan on the 1st of march ,all they have achieved is open 1 huge can of worms,

If a rider wants away from his parent club in the future (knowing for well they can't do anything about it),all he has to do is keep quiet about what he's doing untill after march the 1st knowing for well he'll be able to go out on loan anywhere

the sport will become a bigger joke than what it is, riders will be tapped up on the quiet from every club

Edited by hans fan

The difference hear of course is that we were totally shafted but all Swindon have to do is get there wallet out.

And the forth and most important is that Boro would hardly likely to want what they and Monberg did go public ..hardly a bitter pill more of a let off for those involved in the affair .

• Like 1

Not that old chestnut again. Nowt happened, CVS admitted a mistake had been made when the rule was misused to allow JBJ ride for Wolves. Do you think he'd admit to misusing rules if he could just blame somebody else's cheating? It's not as though clubs don't blow whistles on perceived cheating by other clubs. So give it a rest and stop this unilateral drum-beating about something that never happened.

I think you'll find one of your Peterborough cronies let the genie out of the bottle there (#2244). If you don't want others to comment then maybe you should advise him to leave well alone rather than someone responding to him :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

I think you'll find one of your Peterborough cronies let the genie out of the bottle there (#2244). If you don't want others to comment then maybe you should advise him to leave well alone rather than someone responding to him :rolleyes:

Peterborough cronies, very neighbourly indeed. What genie was that then? Don't know anything about Monberg and don't care tbh as that's history (only quoted from our local rag) but our alleged actions at the end seem appropriate in this case, not that I'd expect you to see anything from the stamping your feet bawling your eyes out position!

Edited by Crump99

The saga carries on & Swindon have been told they have to buy Troy, so either accept the decision & do it or get another rider in his place.

I'm sick & tired of all the beating of chests by both promotions now & Troy can still go to Belle Vue if Swindon don't buy him.

Edited by Crazy robin

The saga carries on & Swindon have been told they have to buy Troy, so either accept the decision & do it or get another rider in his place.

I'm sick & tired of all the beating of chests by both promotions now & Troy can still go to Belle Vue if Swindon don't buy him.

Bored with it long ago Crazy Robin....i am sure there are plans for whatever scenario arises. Preferably Batch would be back in the number 5 position, but whatever will be will be...can't be arsed with getting involved in the 'sniping' at the respective promotions...rather watch splash or the usual crap on the box.... ;)

• Like 2

I agree this is all getting rather jaded and silly, but the bit that confuses me is that if I recall correctly the BSPA ruled Troy should leave Peterborough by sale rather than loan due to his saying various things etc, I don't recall it being specific to him joining Swindon? yet people seem to be under the impression he is free to join Swindon only with purchase, but Belle Vue on loan or purchase which differs from how I recall / interpreted the BSPA ruling???

Can anyone clarify or better still show what the exact wording of the ruling was?

I must admit all the backstabbing and accusation of certain posters on these threads has become somewhat tedious, roll on the resolution!

Edited by 65Sarge

I agree this is all getting rather jaded and silly, but the bit that confuses me is that if I recall correctly the BSPA ruled Troy should leave Peterborough by sale rather th Batan loan due to his saying various things etc, I don't recall it being specific to him joining Swindon? yet people seem to be under the impression he is free to join Swindon only with purchase, but Belle Vue on loan or purchase which differs from how I recall / interpreted the BSPA ruling???

Can anyone clarify or better still show what the exact wording of the ruling was?

I must admit all the backstabbing and accusation of certain posters on these threads has become somewhat tedious, roll on the resolution!

Agreed Sarge...dunno the answers but can't see Batch signing for the Aces. He is a winner and will want to be in a winning side. Signing for Bellevue would be a massive backward step for him, and very unlikely he would increase his average in a losing team. Having said that, i do hope they are assemble a decent side for 2013.

• Like 1

Or just wait till March 1st when he can go on loan anyway.

Don`t see why it should open up any can of worms - them`s the rules apparently.

It would appear the MC have again ruled that Swindon must buy Batch if they want to use him. Do you really believe that they (the MC) will just shrug their shoulders in 25 days time and allow that ruling to be ignored?

That's if it even exists since nobody has actually provided any factual evidence of where we can find it or any previous applications.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

It would appear the MC have again ruled that Swindon must buy Batch if they want to use him. Do you really believe that they (the MC) will just shrug their shoulders in 25 days time and allow that ruling to be ignored?

That's if it even exists since nobody has actually provided any factual evidence of where we can find it or any previous applications.

Since when have any rules or rulings been applied fairly!

My personal understanding of the rules is that if Swindon want to officially sign and announce Troy as a Swindon rider before March 1st then they have to buy.

Surely once March 1st comes Troy will be allowed to sign for Swindon (or Belle Vue) as he is deemed available per the current rule.

However that is assuming the rule applies this year, because we never really find out when and how changes are made these days.

Since when have any rules or rulings been applied fairly!

My personal understanding of the rules is that if Swindon want to officially sign and announce Troy as a Swindon rider before March 1st then they have to buy.

Surely once March 1st comes Troy will be allowed to sign for Swindon (or Belle Vue) as he is deemed available per the current rule.

However that is assuming the rule applies this year, because we never really find out when and how changes are made these days.

Your personal understanding of which rule? Where have you seen this rule or last seen it applied? I've never seen it nor have I seen it applied, or at least I can't recall it being applied. As I and others have posted, why would the MC rule any rider has to be purchased if all the prospective users have to do is wait till March 1st? Why are Swindon threatening legal action to get Batch when all they have to do is twiddle their thumbs till March? Why all the fuss by KL to get Puk on loan if all they had to do was hang fire till March and they'd get him?

All the evidence suggests the rule doesn't exist quite like you and one or two others post but you know different. All I'm asking is where is the rule so we can all have a look-see.

Your personal understanding of which rule? Where have you seen this rule or last seen it applied? I've never seen it nor have I seen it applied, or at least I can't recall it being applied. As I and others have posted, why would the MC rule any rider has to be purchased if all the prospective users have to do is wait till March 1st? Why are Swindon threatening legal action to get Batch when all they have to do is twiddle their thumbs till March? Why all the fuss by KL to get Puk on loan if all they had to do was hang fire till March and they'd get him?

All the evidence suggests the rule doesn't exist quite like you and one or two others post but you know different. All I'm asking is where is the rule so we can all have a look-see.

So many have quoted it that i thought it was a rule. I know no different, but then i am expecting the BSPA/ MC to however.

Is he still looking? :wink:

You mean you don't know either? who would have thought. :P