British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Its in their rules! Honest!!

Not doubting you Skidder1 - it really is the 'land of make-believe' though...

..and would still like to see the reason the BSPA is going against their own rulebook (my understanding anyway)...

If that was the case then we wouldn't be reading this would we: "Swindon have been ordered to sign the Aussie on a full transfer by the BSPA"

It doesn'yt say that that order becomes null and void on March1 despite saying so in SteveO's rulebook!

No one can force anyone to buy anything...end of..

If Troy is excluded from the EL as a result of PBoro's intransigence, then surely there is a course of action he can follow...

As a for instance - if Troy has an offer of employment in the UK, then as I understand it, he is entitled to take up that offer (similar to a Brit in Aus) -so surely Pboro's actions must then be viewed as obstructive, as their intention is to deprive him of that employment or attempt to reduce the job opportunities open to him.

• Like 1

..and would still like to see the reason the BSPA is going against their own rulebook (my understanding anyway)...

If Troy is excluded from the EL as a result of PBoro's intransigence, then surely there is a course of action he can follow...

As a for instance - if Troy has an offer of employment in the UK, then as I understand it, he is entitled to take up that offer (similar to a Brit in Aus) -so surely Pboro's actions must then be viewed as obstructive, as their intention is to deprive him of that employment or attempt to reduce the job opportunities open to him.

Has he had an offer of employment ? Thought certain posters on here were insisting no deal was done.
  • Like 1

A free for all from now on then as decided by Swindon Speedway - just as long as everyone knows :)

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

What problems with Bach, please tell us ? ? Lawson was never offered or promised a team place because they are not going with any d/up riders. Thats not a problem, thats team selection. Absolute nonsense.

DId Bach and Lawson both say they thought they were offered places?why would you leave it until January to tell them both? DId you ever hear a statement from them saying they would not go with d/uppers before a few weeks ago.

DId Bach and Lawson both say they thought they were offered places?why would you leave it until January to tell them both? DId you ever hear a statement from them saying they would not go with d/uppers before a few weeks ago.

Bach has not made any statements about that, Lawson did, but Jan Staechmann refuted that on Jan 8th, saying Lawson was never promised a team place, only that he would be considered.

I would imagine in this challenging economic climate Swindon do not have the funds available to purchase Troy, but can afford to pay the loan fee! surely a payment plan could be agreed between the clubs to allow the rider the opportunity to work! or does that not work in Speedway?

Yes thats true, but i dont recollect any fuss in P'boro signing these riders, all done above board and within the regulations. When P'boro were first interested in Troy, did not the Swindon promotion insist on a full transfer. and did not Mr Frost get his chq book out and purchased him on a full transfer as requested by Swindon. Is this not a fact ? The big question here is why Swindon are so reluctant to buy him back.....

Why is it a big question as Gary has made his views clear on the subject and the demands to buy riders! The biggest problem with all this are the spin doctors/press that have released stories which always imflame fans and the lack of "Official" releases from the BSPA!

Oh and to quote your original post "A proper club gets their cheque book out and buys the rider" Why has Mr Frost not done this with your 3 loan signings? Lack of money as all other clubs find themselves in? I will never understand why Mr Frost bought/would want all those heatleaders as they were never going to be all used at the same time?!

Why is it a big question as Gary has made his views clear on the subject and the demands to buy riders! The biggest problem with all this are the spin doctors/press that have released stories which always imflame fans and the lack of "Official" releases from the BSPA!

Oh and to quote your original post "A proper club gets their cheque book out and buys the rider" Why has Mr Frost not done this with your 3 loan signings? Lack of money as all other clubs find themselves in? I will never understand why Mr Frost bought/would want all those heatleaders as they were never going to be all used at the same time?!

Some good points there, although i doubt if Mr Frost is short of a few bob. I would imagine the 3 loan signings may not all feature next year, possibly Larsen will and may be bought. Sundstrom was purchased straight from the prem lge and has become a heat leader. Its only a few years ago when P'boro had Bjerre, NKI, Batch and Schlein in the same team dont forget, but the Elite lge is being watered down with points limits every year, and the new 2/20 ruling has restricted team building even more. I dont think that ruling or the new d/up regs are beneficial at all.

Because their parent clubs want to retain them as assets but are happy for them to go on loan for a season (in much the same way as Kacper has gone on loan to Swindon from Peterborough) maybe.

Just a hunch, but does seem plausible.

• Like 1

Hans - 'Batch should be allowed to follow me to Blunsdon'

http://www.swindonad...lunsdon___Hans/

Well he would (be advised to) say that wouldn't he?!

Interesting paragraph in that statement -

“A parent club should never stop a rider from going somewhere if they don’t intend to use him or offer him a team place. It is another thing if they offer him a team place and he turns it down, then maybe other clubs would have to buy,” he said.

Isn't that exactly what happened with him and his parent club? But he 'didn't think they were serious'!!

With BSPA insisting Batch is to be purchased, I'd be interested to know the price being quoted?!

• Like 2

But he wasn't offered enough. If an offer was all thats required to force transfers through then all assets whould only be offered £1 per point then put up for transfer. It isn't as simple as people make it out to be.

Indeed it isn't, one of the components to make it fair would be a salary cap or minimum/maximum points payments.