British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

You have interpreted that rule incorrectly in this case.

To be honest it doesn't matter what anybody thinks on here! riders will ride where they get the best deal, and are happiest, and it fits in with their schedule!

If troy doesn't return to Swindon where does he go? Belle Vue! or not not even ride in the uk! Which would mean everyone loses including Peterborough with no transfer fee or loan fee!

The problem is the so called governing body's who have totally brought the sport into disrepute once again !

• Like 2

And, taking this a step further, why have KL paid out for Rooboy when all they had to do is wait until March and get him on loan, since, as they say, money is short?

To stop others signing him? In Batch's case, only Swindon and BV can accommodate now and I'd be surprised if he wants to go to BV. If Peterborough want a transfer and no one has taken this up by March 1st then he can go on loan. Otherwise you have a rider who wants to ride but is being prevented from doing so - the courts would love that! Just because someone wants to sell doesn't mean anyone has to buy - especially if there is no money to buy him - simples!

• Like 1

Any idea who would fund this court action, bearing in mind he is not a european.

That would be Rick Frost when the courts rule in favour of Batch and against Peterborough for preventing him from earning a living!

Having said that though - Patch may make an offer to buy him for the £6k he put on the table for Hans!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

That would be Rick Frost when the courts rule in favour of Batch and against Peterborough for preventing him from earning a living!

Having said that though - Patch may make an offer to buy him for the £6k he put on the table for Hans!

But the court action would be against the BSPA, not Frostie, they have passed the ruling. I expect Swindon will buy him, with a fee decided by tribunal. No one wants any rider to miss out, despite all the opinions on this subject.

To stop others signing him? In Batch's case, only Swindon and BV can accommodate now and I'd be surprised if he wants to go to BV. If Peterborough want a transfer and no one has taken this up by March 1st then he can go on loan. Otherwise you have a rider who wants to ride but is being prevented from doing so - the courts would love that! Just because someone wants to sell doesn't mean anyone has to buy - especially if there is no money to buy him - simples!

Other riders have ridden where they'd rather not so riding for BV is an option. What court case would that be? It would have to be put before a court and, tbh, I can't see either the club or the rider doing so - what if they lose, and I believe they would for reasons given on many previous threads.

I'm inclined to agree with an earlier posting, that you've misinterpreted the rule. Also, why haven't you answered VB's post and given examples of previous uses of the rule?

Only because of the intransigence of Rick Frost

Why is it Mr Frost's intransigence and not Patch's for failing to comply with a BSPA directive?

• Like 4

Batch can go on loan if not signed before - according to the BSPA rules!

You've obviously seen this rule since you keep on about it so maybe you can point us all in the right direction and show us where to find it then we'll all know what it really says.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

I believe there has been an 'understanding' between promotions that any rider not signed up by March 1st (March 1st being the start date for all/most rider contracts for the ensuing season) then those riders become available for 'loan'.

However in the case of Batchelor, I understand that the BSPA MC have overruled that - as they are entitled to do -and are insisting Batch be purchased, as indeed Peterboro had to purchase him previously.

Maybe the BSPA MC have taken into account the illegal initial approach to Batch by Swindon in their decision??!!

• Like 1

I believe there has been an 'understanding' between promotions that any rider not signed up by March 1st (March 1st being the start date for all/most rider contracts for the ensuing season) then those riders become available for 'loan'.

However in the case of Batchelor, I understand that the BSPA MC have overruled that - as they are entitled to do -and are insisting Batch be purchased, as indeed Peterboro had to purchase him previously.

Maybe the BSPA MC have taken into account the illegal initial approach to Batch by Swindon in their decision??!!

Honest question - why are they entitled to do so ?

Why? its my opinion, Peterborough have had problems with Iversen,Batchelor,Andersen,Bach,Lawson all i am saying could some of these issues been dealt with differently.?

What problems with Bach, please tell us ? ? Lawson was never offered or promised a team place because they are not going with any d/up riders. Thats not a problem, thats team selection. Absolute nonsense.

Not really, you get used to it with Andersen but if you could make this bit happen then that'd be really helpful: "Swindon co-owner Gary Patchett has hinted he would still consider making Andersen a permanent Robins asset" although if 6k is all he can find then we could be stuck with him!

Edited by Crump99

Batch can go on loan if not signed before - according to the BSPA rules!

If that was the case then we wouldn't be reading this would we: "Swindon have been ordered to sign the Aussie on a full transfer by the BSPA"

It doesn't say that that order becomes null and void on March1 despite saying so in SteveO's rulebook!

But we are talking about incompetent administration so nothing surprises!

Edited by Crump99