British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

No one is keen on buying Batch because they know its only a matter of time before the toys come flying out of the pram, and he's off again. Maybe he should buy his own contract out, then he can move around without all this fuss..

But why did he sign as an asset in the first place? Are riders forced to? What's in it for them? Why should a rider buy out a contract (well its not a contract is it) that he was forced into. Don't see a problem being asked to be released from his "contract", but the financial side has nothing to do with the rider.

The BSPA would not dare take the Batchelor approach to a EU citizen. I understand why there is an issue because of Peterborough being forced to buy in the first place, but its really nothing to do with Batchelor.

• Like 1

What are you on about ? ? ? :blink:

Was at work so didn't know Hans had signed, great news eh panther he has signed for a proper club.One more to go eh,what has your club proved the last few months lost out on NKI, Hans, and soon hopefully Batch.Some of your comments are a joke, your best bet is to go to Lynn or Mildenhall at least those clubs are run properly good luck for the new season you will need it.

Great to see our captain back again. Without the pressure of the GP's this season, Hans will hopefully stick half a point on last years average. A great leader and motivator of the team.

Welcome back Hansi! :t:

• Like 1

Was at work so didn't know Hans had signed, great news eh panther he has signed for a proper club.One more to go eh,what has your club proved the last few months lost out on NKI, Hans, and soon hopefully Batch.Some of your comments are a joke, your best bet is to go to Lynn or Mildenhall at least those clubs are run properly good luck for the new season you will need it.

One play off victory against a decimated Poole team and your a proper club eh. Funny how your 'proper club' needs our assets to make up nearly 50% of your team. A proper club gets their cheque book out and buys the rider, as P'boro did with Troy when he fell out with Swindon, that is the issue here.
  • Like 3

One play off victory against a decimated Poole team and your a proper club eh. Funny how your 'proper club' needs our assets to make up nearly 50% of your team. A proper club gets their cheque book out and buys the rider, as P'boro did with Troy when he fell out with Swindon, that is the issue here.

We are a proper club and became one a long time ago! That'll be the "assets" not in your team that you are referring to :rolleyes: The same ones who won the league last year when Peterborough couldn't make the play-offs. You talk like you own these riders and the truth is they don't want to ride for Peterborough and would rather ride for a proper club who didn't need tactical rides to steal the win away from the rightful champions Reading :rolleyes:

In case you don't know (and that is very clear) - you don't need to buy riders - that's what loans are for :rolleyes:

• Like 1

How pathetic is this post when you bare in mind Swindon have loaned Mads, Simon, Jason & Zengi all to other clubs in the Elite league because for one reason or another they couldn't be fitted into the Robins team in 2013.

I just wish Swindon would buy both Hans & Troy so we don't have to read any more of your juvenile posts.

Oh there was me thinking that all the Peterborough riders in 2013 were Panthers assetts & not loan riders like Ryan & Kenni.

British speedway bosses & it's fans needs to embrace the loan system or it will be in an even bigger mess than it currently is.

I for the record would rather the Robins team was made of our assetts but I live in the real world & am just glad the likes of Eddie, Hans, Ashley, Kasper & hopefully Troy just want to ride for Swindon rather than other teams.

We are a proper club and became one a long time ago! That'll be the "assets" not in your team that you are referring to :rolleyes: The same ones who won the league last year when Peterborough couldn't make the play-offs. You talk like you own these riders and the truth is they don't want to ride for Peterborough and would rather ride for a proper club who didn't need tactical rides to steal the win away from the rightful champions Reading :rolleyes:

In case you don't know (and that is very clear) - you don't need to buy riders - that's what loans are for :rolleyes:

just remind me who finished top of the league in 2006?

not sure how we lost out on riders we didn't want to sign??
  • Like 2

A proper club who has paid they're dues with great support who have endured plenty of failure.I am happy to support the Robins,and it dosent matter to me whether they are our assets or not.Thats the real world, we have riders we cannot use but as someone else said speedway needs to stick together and get through these hard times.I can honestly say Peterborough have acted as though they could not give two s..t. about the sport as a whole.

A proper club who has paid they're dues with great support who have endured plenty of failure.I am happy to support the Robins,and it dosent matter to me whether they are our assets or not.Thats the real world, we have riders we cannot use but as someone else said speedway needs to stick together and get through these hard times.I can honestly say Peterborough have acted as though they could not give two s..t. about the sport as a whole.

or they believe the sport would be better if the rules were actually adhered to and applied evenly for everyone.
  • Like 1

Its a miracle how the panthers have assembled a cracking team with no one wanting to ride for them.... :rofl:

It's more interesting how short this alleged list of no-one is, and as we consistenly say that we only want riders who want to ride for us then let's hope the troublesome 3 are happy because they seem to have burned their bridges.

Edited by Crump99

Thats your problem no one wants to ride for you, and i would imagine in the future riders will think twice before signing for you.

Three riders who've had their heads turned by other clubs are a long way short of 'no one' and I can't see anything saying the riders Panthers have signed for the forthcoming season thought any more than once before putting pen to paper.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

This twit for tat does seem very childish...Maybe some promoters read this and think they should play along.

Look the top and botom of it is pretty much any rider will go where he is ofered the best all round deal for them, it is not about who's asset they are or who they dont want to ride for , it is about money.

Fair enough i say, if i was offered a better deal to do the same job down the road i would probably take it.

• Like 1

Funny that nearly 50% (So far) of other teams assets make up the Peterborough team as well :lol:

Oh and on the Play Off Final comment, you have to be in it to win it and can only beat what is in front of you, which the Robins were and did!

Edited by bobxski
  • Like 2

or they believe the sport would be better if the rules were actually adhered to and applied evenly for everyone.

One thing is consistent about Panthers fans - they use the rules to defend the indefensible as if they are the paragons of virtue. I have posted a number of times of a situation where Panthers didn't follow the rules you so want everyone to follow - and no one has posted an acceptable answer to justify their actions. The rules state that if a club isn't planning on using an asset, the club they last rode for on loan has first refusal of their services - yet Peterborough allowed Coventry to speak to Hans and not Swindon - a clear breach of the rules.

So before you quote rules - think again - all clubs are guilty of applying or ignoring rules to suit their situation and the holier than thou stance doesn't wash just as it didn't during the winter of discontent :rolleyes:

• Like 2

One thing is consistent about Panthers fans - they use the rules to defend the indefensible as if they are the paragons of virtue. I have posted a number of times of a situation where Panthers didn't follow the rules you so want everyone to follow - and no one has posted an acceptable answer to justify their actions. The rules state that if a club isn't planning on using an asset, the club they last rode for on loan has first refusal of their services - yet Peterborough allowed Coventry to speak to Hans and not Swindon - a clear breach of the rules.

So before you quote rules - think again - all clubs are guilty of applying or ignoring rules to suit their situation and the holier than thou stance doesn't wash just as it didn't during the winter of discontent :rolleyes:

Where has this attitude got them? They may have got their way on Troy but NKI and Hans have gone out on

loan. If Swindon don't buy Troy he will be available for loan. The only reason for this stance is that Peterborough are desperate to sell their top assets and this saga has done Peterborough and the sport no favours at all.

• Like 1

. The only reason for this stance is that Peterborough are desperate to sell their top assets and this saga has done Peterborough and the sport no favours at all.

There never able to use them on a consistent basis so can you blame them, ??? if the rules allowed them to use them and they didn't it's a different story,but going by recent agms the chances off a club using 3 top class heatleaders is slim to say the least

So the question is if your were mrs frost would you be happy with your fellow promoters who keep voting that you couldn't use your assets,i wouldn't and i'd want rid (esp since it's likely that panthers will keep nailing bjerres and sundstroms colours to the mask in the future) IF theres a elite league in the future

• Like 1