British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

I wonder if Swindon could tempt Joonas Kylmakorpi back to Britain?

He would make an excellent second heatleader IMO.

http://www.peterboro...uling-1-4725183

Credit to the Peterborough promotion for actually being transparent with what has gone on.

I would have thought 8k a good offer and Panthers may well have taken it. Now. Robins pay 4k to use him this year, probably another 4k next and, after an outlay of 8k he'll still be a Panthers' asset instead of a Robin.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

4000 for a loan, 8000 to buy [2nd bid] Surely it makes economical sense to buy, even if he moves to pastures new next year, the cost comes back with a loan fee from someone else. On the other hand, if i was Frostie, i would sit on Hans and keep raking in the loan fees from him. I think both clubs are thinking about this the wrong way round. :rolleyes:

4000 for a loan, 8000 to buy [2nd bid] Surely it makes economical sense to buy, even if he moves to pastures new next year, the cost comes back with a loan fee from someone else. On the other hand, if i was Frostie, i would sit on Hans and keep raking in the loan fees from him. I think both clubs are thinking about this the wrong way round. :rolleyes:

Alternatively, if there is no Elite League next season all EL heatleader assets become worthless.

• Like 1

i could be wrong but didn't they agree to buy him back from poole ???,then the next season he decided to give the elite a miss ??? so the transfer never went through

Your right i think,that sounds familiar,so now we have a asset that we paid alot for that is worthless.

What if Belle Vue get Troy on loan,then decide half way through the season to replace him,can he go to Swindon on loan.

Alternatively, if there is no Elite League next season all EL heatleader assets become worthless.

And if there still is, do we have all this again?

once again the bspa our making mockery out of our sport, why let hans on loan yet batch has to be bought, why is it one rule for one rider and one rule for another rider.idiots!!!

Exactly. Make Swindon buy them both - or do you want them both to go on loan?

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

And if there still is, do we have all this again?

Clearly.

once again the bspa our making mockery out of our sport, why let hans on loan yet batch has to be bought, why is it one rule for one rider and one rule for another rider.idiots!!!

"The BSPA Management Committee have also ruled that Troy Batchelor must leave on a full transfer in consideration of public statements he has made over his desire to not return to Peterborough."

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/panthers-go-public-to-set-the-record-straight-over-riders-saga-1-4646940

terms could not have been that good else he would not have gone to poole

I'm fairly sure the terms wern't much different, he got persuaded by the Twins.

Grow up will you as anyone with any sense would not buy riders in the current climate & has nothing to do with Gary throwing a hissy fit in your well put adult words.

I'm inclined to agree but I think it a little unfair to indirectly imply that Patchett and Rossiter have no sense because they purchased Morris! ;)

He has only brought Nick as all the others were part of swap deals that I can remember & guess the finances are difficult.

Yes I agree Swindon might think because Hans & Troy want to ride here we might be taking advantage of the situation.

I just wish it would get sorted.

Yet many are happy to lay the blame at the door of the Peterborough promotion! Patchett has been trying to pull as fast one and doesn't appear to have the cash to buy either Anderson or Batchelor.

Yet many are happy to lay the blame at the door of the Peterborough promotion! Patchett has been trying to pull as fast one and doesn't appear to have the cash to buy either Anderson or Batchelor.

Has nothing to do with blame on anyone but speedway works more & more on loans rather than transfers these days & if any rider is not used by their parent club then they should be allowed to go on loan to another club.

Swindon are as guilty as anyone on this in some aspects but its just ridiculous now.

• Like 1

Has nothing to do with blame on anyone but speedway works more & more on loans rather than transfers these days & if any rider is not used by their parent club then they should be allowed to go on loan to another club.

Swindon are as guilty as anyone on this in some aspects but its just ridiculous now.

I think we share common ground. The squabbles between teams/promoters do little but damage the sport - I'm not sure if I'm blinkered in thinking that an Independent body to run the sport is the only way forward. You'd hope such a body would work for the overall benefit of the sport and bring consistency. There might be a few clubs fall by the wayside but not as many if things carry on as they are.

Surely as Swindon have made offers for Hans then they have accepted he's for sale and should be made to buy him at a reasonable price (surely 20k is about right) and not loan him.

Maybe for next season Bv should start tapping up Holder now.