British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Seems like a good idea to me :approve:

Just like every other promoter who cherry picks the rules in place including Peterborough (letting Coventry speak to Andersen and not Swindon clearly breaks the rules as Patch pointed out) :rolleyes:

There seems to be an awful lot of “assumptions” about what has been going on.

And I know no more than anyone else.

Everyone seems to assume that Hans was going on loan to Coventry is that true?

There were a lot of suggestion about Harris joining Peterborough prior to the AGM, perhaps Peterborough and Coventry were contemplating an asset switch. In which case Coventry talking to Hans would make sense. Obviously this would have been wrecked by the 2 from the top 20 rule implemented at the AGM.

Everyone seems to be saying Peterborough are objecting to Troy going on loan to Swindon – is that the case? Perhaps and I only speculate that a “Master of the Dark arts” at the BSPA may be reminding key decision makers on the management committee of some of the alleged guidelines in the alleged promoters handbook.

Everyone seems to be assuming Peterborough have a financial gain in this – perhaps they do, but other promoters may perceive they have a “greater” strategic game by disrupting some of the team building plans.

Peterborough have stated they have released Hans. Swindon have stated they are aware of Hans being released ,so who or what is the hold up?

Was it ever announced why the bids for Hans were so suddenly and quickly withdrawn?

Previous closed season disagreements are a good indicator of the games some of these individuals try to play.

Editied for spelling - (I blame the ITA used in the Mid 60's)

Edited by TAST
  • Like 1

best hope they have

wasn't it swindon who said in 2009 if nobody buys batch he'll not be riding for another club :t:

Do you mean this: :neutral: (Friday December 04, 2009)

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT has been issued regarding Swindon Asset, Troy Batchelor.

Troy was very much part of our team building plans for 2010 until he ruled himself out of the equation. Having decided against a return to Swindon he has been made available for transfer and only those clubs meeting our valuation will be given permission to speak to the rider.

No fee has been agreed with the Peterborough promotion and consequently permission to approach the rider has not been given.

Until such time as this criteria has been met Troy Batchelor remains a Swindon asset and will not ride for another club. We are, therefore, very surprised to learn that the Peterborough promotion have announced him in their team for 2010.

www.swindonrobins

Interesting last line given today's statement - two wrongs don't make a right do they? I'm sure that Panthers got a rap on the knuckles of some sort and both clubs were reminded of their reponsibilities?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 9

Do you mean this: :neutral: (Friday December 04, 2009)

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT has been issued regarding Swindon Asset, Troy Batchelor.

Troy was very much part of our team building plans for 2010 until he ruled himself out of the equation. Having decided against a return to Swindon he has been made available for transfer and only those clubs meeting our valuation will be given permission to speak to the rider.

No fee has been agreed with the Peterborough promotion and consequently permission to approach the rider has not been given.

Until such time as this criteria has been met Troy Batchelor remains a Swindon asset and will not ride for another club. We are, therefore, very surprised to learn that the Peterborough promotion have announced him in their team for 2010.

www.swindonrobins

Now, how was that impasse sorted?

Oh yes, Peterborough stumped up the necessary and bought him.

The Panthers' stance doesn't seem unreasonable now, does it!

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 4

thats the point. They shouldn't have to speak to them earlier in the year. The rules are in place so that there is an advantage to owning assets. You get first refusal on their services unless a club decides to break the rules and make an illegal approach.

Be real this is 2013, are you nieve or what! be ahead of the game be in front assets now don't mean nothing saying that your rubbishey club have a few but still don't have a team in place. Edited by sidney

Be real this is 2013, are you nieve or what! be ahead of the game be in front assets now don't mean nothing saying that your rubbishey club have a few but still don't have a team in place.

Is it a race to have a team in place, is that a new regulation that has passed me by ! Be assured, P'boro have their team in place, its their business when they wish to announce it.

I suggest that the various Panthers fans on here go and build a snowman or something..

Some fresh (rather than hot) air should do you all some good :rofl:

As a neutral with a liking for the EoES track but domiciled closer to Blunsden than Alwalton do I have your permission to keep posting on here?

Ah, blow it, I'm going to anyway.

What's your problem with their posts? They're only pointing out their promoters are asking for something your lot did - and got - three years ago. Nowt wrong with that.

• Like 3

Swindon has been announced as the venue for the ELRC 2013 again. This has been scheduled for Saturday October 12th.

This goes to show what a good track Swindon has as many of the top riders like riding there, and the 2012 meeting saw some excellent racing.

Swindon has been announced as the venue for the ELRC 2013 again. This has been scheduled for Saturday October 12th.

This goes to show what a good track Swindon has as many of the top riders like riding there, and the 2012 meeting saw some excellent racing.

Not decrying the track, but what it shows is that Swindon are the only bidders or that their bid is better than anybody else's.

• Like 1

Why so late again?? If there's anything like a decent summer weather-wise all league fixtures and play-offs should be well finished by then!!

I suggest that the various Panthers fans on here go and build a snowman or something..

Some fresh (rather than hot) air should do you all some good :rofl:

And that's the best reply that you can come up with and you also think that it's funny, well knock me down with a feather!

Not decrying the track, but what it shows is that Swindon are the only bidders or that their bid is better than anybody else's.

I don't think it works like that.

It is a BSPA event rather than a Swindon promotion, so there would be no bidding process and the BSPA run the meeting not Swindon Speedway. Although Swindon Speedway rightly get a bit of kudos and credit for their track being used for a prestigious event I don't think they pocket all the profits, which go to the BSPA.

• Like 1