British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Swindon what have they done wrong? i wouldn't pay a fee for either of them in this present climate why would you pay a fee.Also why didn't Peterborough be ahead of the game and speak to Andersen,Batch, Iversen, say in June/July because they must of known all of them were happy at there present clubs.

:rofl: You got me, I thought this was a serious post at first.

Swindon what have they done wrong? i wouldn't pay a fee for either of them in this present climate why would you pay a fee.Also why didn't Peterborough be ahead of the game and speak to Andersen,Batch, Iversen, say in June/July because they must of known all of them were happy at there present clubs.

Is this post some kind of joke ?

• Like 7

No i go too speedway to see good racing if Swindon finish bottom so be it they have done in the past Rose tinted glasses NO in this present time we needed teams to be united but the same old story squabbling at the highest order in the so called sport of speedway.

I don't think we disagree too much at the end of the day then apart from perhaps from seeing it more from our own team's side than we should, that's understandable to a point.

Perhaps we should do away with the BSPA and the rulebook and just run everything by Patchett for approval as he appears to be happy to run roughshod over decisions taken or cherry picks the rules in place which match his aims?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 5

Perhaps we should do away with the BSPA and the rulebook and just run everything by Patchett for approval as he appears to be happy to run roughshod over decisions taken or cherry picks the rules in place which match his aims?

Seems like a good idea to me :approve:

Just like every other promoter who cherry picks the rules in place including Peterborough (letting Coventry speak to Andersen and not Swindon clearly breaks the rules as Patch pointed out) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

as Patch pointed out :rolleyes:

sort of falls down at that point doesn't it. But it does make you wonder why we are waiting if it's so clear cut and the BSPA are so wrong in their understanding of the rules and guidelines? If it'd stop you moaning then it's got to be a good idea so go for it. I'm sure that bringing the sport into disrepute will go down well with the BSPA. Have you got a plan b?

sort of falls down at that point doesn't it. But it does make you wonder why we are waiting if it's so clear cut and the BSPA are so wrong in their understanding of the rules and guidelines? If it'd stop you moaning then it's got to be a good idea so go for it. I'm sure that bringing the sport into disrepute will go down well with the BSPA. Have you got a plan b?

It's amazing what you can do by editing someone's post to suit your argument :rolleyes: For someone who bangs on about the rules 24/7, you definitely break them!

Bringing the sport into disrepute? You're having a giraffe :rofl:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Troy will probably think he does not figure long term in Swindon's plans, as they dont seem interested in buying him.

Pretty sure Troy will be more concerned that the club that owns him doesn't want him in their team for the scond year running.

It's the first time "legal implications" has been mentioned in any press release thus far. That is the most important part of the whole report.

For that to come off Troy & Hans will have to raise the case themselves & I can't see them doing that in a million years.

I does seem Peterborough hold all the cards here as Swindon really need Hans & Troy as they've left themselves no back-up plan

• Like 2

Pretty sure Troy will be more concerned that the club that owns him doesn't want him in their team for the scond year running.

No, only the one year.

They tried to contact him a year ago but he disappeared off of their radar, reappearing again when Panthers' team was complete and with a team spot at Swindon.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

Thats not correct, Troy went 'missing' off season after the 2011 campaign. We all know he is a loose canon, he has spats everywhere he rides, and thats probably why no one wants to buy him.
  • Like 1

It's amazing what you can do by editing someone's post to suit your argument :rolleyes: For someone who bangs on about the rules 24/7, you definitely break them!

Bringing the sport into disrepute? You're having a giraffe :rofl:

I wasn't aware of the rule but will adhere to it now that you've kindly pointed it out. I'm sure that you'll enjoy the longer reply posts dealing with your whole quoted posts!

Not sure how I'm having a laugh but it'll be fun finding out. Could be looking at the season starting on May 6 if we're lucky?

• Like 2