British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

The state this sport is in here in the UK is unbelievable :(

The sooner SKY go and the EL dissapears the better.

If Hans is indeed owed money then I don't blame him one bit.

How many here would work for promises.

What with Birmingham in a mess and now obviously Swindon as well how long can this farcial situation go on.

The PL is in dire straits with air fences and the EL can't pay it's riders.

Drastic measures are needed and we need to say goodbye to guys like Hans and all the cash draining foreign imports who choose to ply their trade abroad.

British speedway for British riders and UK based foreigners who commit to our league at around a PL level.

Sadly it's probably too late anyway and the sport may collapse once SKY pull the plug :(

• Like 1

Looking at it from a non-supporters view, I don't think Hans is the type of rider/person who just doesn't turn up for his team or with-hold his services easily so something must be going on. When he wasn't getting paid from Peterborough he did continue to ride for them for quite a while until he realised they were taking him for a ride.

Hans was lucky that time as I believe Mr Frost bought the club and paid the money he was owed!
  • Like 2

The Robins number one will miss tomorrow night's return fixture with the Stars as well as the home meeting against Wolverhampton on July 11, but will be eligable to ride away at Birmingham and Belle Vue between the two home meetings.Can someone explain to me how Andersen gets a ban for the next 2 swindon home meets, yet is free to ride in the away meets, between these two.

I wondered the same. Assumed a mis-quote, but it is published on the BSPA site. Not heard of this before. Very strange. I'd be interested to know why too.

Fans fed up being kept in the dark & if crowds are down then Gary & Rosco only need to look in the mirror to see who's fault it is.

All what you say at the beginning adds to it as well as Thursday night was always speedway night & now I don't miss it like I thought I would.

Swindon speedway for me was watching the brilliance of Leigh & Lee & after what happened to both of them the place just isn't the same.

I travel to watch Somerset now to get my fix & hope Jason & Nick are leading the Robins in the Premier Lge next season.

Elite lge speedway has blown it for me.

I am afraid I am another who has started going to Somerset on a Friday evening. Fantastic racing (virtually every week) and you actually feel like someone cares about the people who are paying to get in. There is decent food and drink and the toilets are actually clean and tidy. The Aussies in the Rebels side are top class entertainment. I will be there on Friday.

I am afraid I am another who has started going to Somerset on a Friday evening. Fantastic racing (virtually every week) and you actually feel like someone cares about the people who are paying to get in.

Yea last Tuesday showed that .

They made a mistake with the weather & at least apologised which is something the Swindon promotors could learn from.

if Swindon had done it we would have never heard the last of it . This the trouble with the Pl people tend to gloss over things ..
  • Like 1

I am afraid I am another who has started going to Somerset on a Friday evening. Fantastic racing (virtually every week) and you actually feel like someone cares about the people who are paying to get in. There is decent food and drink and the toilets are actually clean and tidy. The Aussies in the Rebels side are top class entertainment. I will be there on Friday.

Have to say ER I live between the 2 tracks and have been to Somerset, but prefer the Abbey, especially for viewing, may be old toilets etc. but Somerset for me,has no atmosphere , got covered in shale as people stand right up to the trackside.We don't want Swindon to close, so will continue to give our support to The Robins. :t:
  • Like 1

Have to say ER I live between the 2 tracks and have been to Somerset, but prefer the Abbey, especially for viewing, may be old toilets etc. but Somerset for me,has no atmosphere , got covered in shale as people stand right up to the trackside.We don't want Swindon to close, so will continue to give our support to The Robins. :t:

Don't get me wrong Red, I am a Swindon fan through and through and will always support them, its just that at times (probably when I am feeling frustrated with what is happening at the Abbey) I make the fairly short trip to the Oak Tree Arena. Watching kid Morris and Doyley is always good, plus a decent pint of cider or scrumpy from the nearby cider farm is another positive! :drink:

• Like 1

if Swindon had done it we would have never heard the last of it . This the trouble with the Pl people tend to gloss over things ..

In my experience since Somerset have been about they have progressed no end the track set up (ect).The entertainment value is excellent that speaks for itself you are as the same view as Mr Brum that everything in the EL garden is rosy far from it.The PL has a excellent product and of course they're will be average meetings but overall what i have seen it is excellent entertainment.Refreshing to see regular 1/7 line ups in which the fans can relate to not glorified select teams.

In my experience since Somerset have been about they have progressed no end the track set up (ect).The entertainment value is excellent that speaks for itself you are as the same view as Mr Brum that everything in the EL garden is rosy far from it.The PL has a excellent product and of course they're will be average meetings but overall what i have seen it is excellent entertainment.Refreshing to see regular 1/7 line ups in which the fans can relate to not glorified select teams.

Yet again mr or steve on anyone have never said everything is rosy in the El garden far from it ..if you going to debate don't lie about stuff ..i been to somerset on a number of times and thou the racing is good the crowd like nearly all pl is dead with little or no noise .. as i said before if the Pl was a such good product then the crowds would be big rather than the small number who watch it now .
  • Like 3

Yet again mr or steve on anyone have never said everything is rosy in the El garden far from it ..if you going to debate don't lie about stuff ..i been to somerset on a number of times and thou the racing is good the crowd like nearly all pl is dead with little or no noise .. as i said before if the Pl was a such good product then the crowds would be big rather than the small number who watch it now .

What am i lying about? my opinion thats all it is you give the impression that the EL is sustainable the way it is plod on and the problems will go away.As for crowds i watched a Lakeside match the other week and there was 1 man and his dog there a pathetic crowd so all is not rosy on that front. And remember next year clubs will be 90,000/100,000 the poorer ? oh by the way don't get legless tonight you might be able to remember some of the racing.!! Edited by sidney

Rather a Sweeping statement....have you been to Plymouth? Very good atmosphere with decent sized crowds even though they have yet to put together a decent side. The inclusion of Jensen has provided even more enthusiasm down in Devon.

What am i lying about? my opinion thats all it is you give the impression that the EL is sustainable the way it is plod on and the problems will go away.As for crowds i watched a Lakeside match the other week and there was 1 man and his dog there a pathetic crowd so all is not rosy on that front. And remember next year clubs will be 90,000/100,000 the poorer ? oh by the way don't get legless tonight you might be able to remember some of the racing.!!

We dont give any impression that it is rosy ,we know that speedway has problems all round that's the point we put forward, so as i said no need to lie .

Rather a Sweeping statement....have you been to Plymouth? Very good atmosphere with decent sized crowds even though they have yet to put together a decent side. The inclusion of Jensen has provided even more enthusiasm down in Devon.

ok sorry i thought the guy who sold up was losing money ...i guess the speedway star was wrong Edited by orion

We dont give any impression that it is rosy ,we know that speedway has problems all round that's the point we put forward, so as i said no need to lie .

ok sorry i thought the guy who sold up was losing money ...i guess the speedway star was wrong

I haven't ever lied on this topic lets put it another way, you are very anti PL for some reason god Knows why.? The EL Surely even you no it is dying on its feet even Swindon who have good gates have suffered this year do you ADMIT changes have to be made in November.?