British Speedway Forum

Dear Cvs A Plea From A Supporter Of Speedway In General (re Redcar)

Totally agree with whiteliner. i have seen CVS at the track once this year and that shows the lack of ambitions and support he is giving the club also on the silver helmet sitaution why did he not tell a couple of wolves riders (if available) to get there back side up here and he pays for them to ride. I would much rather have a budgeted Redcar Bears than No Redcar Bears because i would seriously miss it if we had to fold.

I have the outmost respecr for Havvy snr but what i dont like is the rest of the consurtuim,excluding CVS they have no managment expeirence or speedway expeirence except for being a fan ( i could be wrong) so this is not going to help us at all.

We need support from CVS and for the rest of us to give Havvy snr as much support as we can and tell the rest of the consurtuim to sort them selfs out and stop ruining the club.

Can someone think of anyway of getting them to see sense !

So, CVS should provide more support (in addition to owning 51% of the whole thing), although you're totally unaware of what support may be entailed in owning that 51%, he should subsidise the Silver Helmet field and, as you same to blame the rest of the consortium for "ruining the club"and suggest as much support for The Wrinkled One as possible who, it would appear is a beacon of sanity & integrity.

So, which is it?

Either:

a ) Even though Middlesbrough does resemble a dilapidated theme museum, surely glue sniffing is a bit retro, even for the Boro, or

b ) Hello Brian, nice of you to post on the forum

You need to look back a bit, but I dont mind researching my facts - but here you go - http://ts6.gazetteli...-first-mat.html Print it out and show him as he will probably deny it, he denies most things in connection with Redcar!

Freddie Starr once ate a hamster - I dont mind researching my facts - here you go - http://sunheadlines.blogspot.co.uk/2008/11/classics-freddie-starr-ate-my-hamster.html It must be true, it was in the paper. :rofl:

CVS let things slide at Wolves when Redcar opened and I remember when he started missing away meetings to attend Redcar Home meetings.

Its not easy being a one man band and running Three tracks (Dudley as well) must mean he can't really focus on Redcar as much as maybe he should.

Edited by superguest

CVS let things slide at Wolves when Redcar opened and I remember when he started missing away meetings to attend Redcar Home meetings.

Its not easy being a one man band and running Three tracks (Dudley as well) must mean he can't really focus on Redcar as much as maybe he should.

Indeed if CVS was to have another serious go at PL, will most likely be with Dudley rather than Redcar.

If GT is at Redcar on Thursday night, you can be sure, I will ask him about that fact and that is a fact.

I think GT did alter the kerb line fractionally but it did not change the racing lines as the kerb is on the level part not the banking. I remember talking to GT at the time.

You really are on odious old cretin.

I look forward to hearing the aftermath of you telling Tsunami this face to face; should be plenty of opportunity since he attends all matches involving Bears v Diamonds, but somehow I doubt it'll happen. So much easier to snipe anonymously from the sidelines without having to back up your abuse in person..

I look forward to hearing the aftermath of you telling Tsunami this face to face; should be plenty of opportunity since he attends all matches involving Bears v Diamonds, but somehow I doubt it'll happen. So much easier to snipe anonymously from the sidelines without having to back up your abuse in person..

Quiet Dave you drunken old cretin :lol:

• Like 2

I think GT did alter the kerb line fractionally but it did not change the racing lines as the kerb is on the level part not the banking. I remember talking to GT at the time.

Hi Tsunami, spoke to Glyn last night. He said he had never, altered the kerb and it was exactly as it was, when it was first put in. He made some mods to the track surface, but in the hope it, would change some of the racing lines, (not sure wether it worked or not). Hence the reason for the slight increase in track length. For what it's worth, in my opinion, it did not affect the standard of racing.

Hi Tsunami, spoke to Glyn last night. He said he had never, altered the kerb and it was exactly as it was, when it was first put in. He made some mods to the track surface, but in the hope it, would change some of the racing lines, (not sure whether it worked or not). Hence the reason for the slight increase in track length. For what it's worth, in my opinion, it did not affect the standard of racing.

Thanks for that. The alterations certainly didn't change any racing lines that I have seen on my many visits.

Not sure where people are getting their facts from about the kerb/inside line not changing.

I was all for putting in a proper kerb as it is at the STMP now as during the first (or first 2 seasons) the white line was chalked onto the track and changed slightly in position week upon week. I remember reading this in writing in either the Gazette or the Speedway Star, not sure which.

Can't be bothered finding the article as I have DVD evidence to prove the point. The racing did change though as in the first season (or two) riders could put their front wheel over the white line (or the rear if you are Magnus Zetterstrom). Since the kerb was put in they don't as it is raised above the track surface on the bends thus restricting/altering racing lines. No doubt we will have some Newcastle supporters telling me otherwise!

As for what GT might say. Well no comment!

Edited by Bellers101
  • Like 1

Not sure where people are getting their facts from about the kerb/inside line not changing.

I was all for putting in a proper kerb as it is at the STMP now as during the first (or first 2 seasons) the white line was chalked onto the track and changed slightly in position week upon week. I remember reading this in writing in either the Gazette or the Speedway Star, not sure which.

Can't be bothered finding the article as I have DVD evidence to prove the point. The racing did change though as in the first season (or two) riders could put their front wheel over the white line (or the rear if you are Magnus Zetterstrom). Since the kerb was put in they don't as it is raised above the track surface on the bends thus restricting/altering racing lines. No doubt we will have some Newcastle supporters telling me otherwise!

As for what GT might say. Well no comment!

The white line, was chalked in for one season and one season only.