British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2013

Firstly I do not have a problem with Neil Machin I think he has done wonders for Sheffield Speedway and gave us a team to be proud of majority of the time. I do feel time as Sheffield promoter maybe coming to a end especially as the crowds have dropped dramatically over the last 2 years.

I think you will find that MANY Sheffield fans don't take to Hoggart very well. He doesn't take constructive critisism good and some of his press releases you have to wonder does the guy know what he is talking about.

I hate to point fingers and all that but I'm afraid all I care about is Sheffield Speedway and I feel we have been in decline since he came in. Yes we had a good team in 2011 and didn't win anything but we wasn't in trouble then with crowd levels. I just don't want us to shut down and have no racing at all. I hated no speedway from 88 - 91 and would hate this to happen again.

I don't think that Neil has lost interest in the club, he probably takes a bit more of a back seat role, but he still there and still interested.

Dave Hoggart, will have been given a budget to put the team together and will have to work within that budget set by Neil himself, and Neil been Neil will only spend what the club can afford.

For me the team just needs to change very slightly, I can understand the reasoning behind the assessed riders, which was to bring fresh blood into the club assets.

I just don't feel that the Team Managers play to our strengths, and the club badly needs a new Team Manager.

Dave Hoggart is an excellent presenter/ centre green man, but he ain't no Team Manager, lets get a new Manager in and get Dave Hoggart doing what he does best.

I think that you will find that it is Dave Hoggart who has put the teams together and has done for the last three seasons to my knowledge.and if you believe the press releases, Neil will have given him a budget to work within

No reason to doubt your word, Martin - you know a lot more about it than I do.

The only thing is that as Hoggy is building a team to a budget, he can't be solely responsible for it.

Very difficult to argue with your view of team selection :approve:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

They made a massive error in 2012 letting Ashworth go, but there are several rumours about why that had to happen. The year before In 2010, they won the pairs and reached the final of the fours. so I don't think it was too shoddy then.

What rumours are they then??? Always 2 sides to a story

Very much doubt if Compton will be back. Would be interesting to see what the reaction is to any Sheffield rider who fails to deliver, on Thursday against National League opposition.

I don't think that htis will be the full Sheffield team, I am sure that read that Joe Haines, Facu Albin, Jake Knight and Damien Koppe are riding.

I would imagine that Jordan Tyrer will get a run out, and they might give young Kiwi Hayden Sims a go as well.

I don't think that htis will be the full Sheffield team, I am sure that read that Joe Haines, Facu Albin, Jake Knight and Damien Koppe are riding.

I would imagine that Jordan Tyrer will get a run out, and they might give young Kiwi Hayden Sims a go as well.

The Sheffield team is the four mentioned riders plus three national league youngsters according to the Dudley website

I shall be saving my £32 until this team changes. Absolutely no fight from some and just not good enough others.

Crowds are dropping fast and will continue to do so until something is done. Really missing Steady although the guests have done well.

Plymouth sign Mikkel Bech awesome! We will get someone like Jakobsen or Sanchez. No ambition any more it seems. Bring in the riders and the crowds WILL come back.