British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2013

Cant understand why Nedermark hasnt been considered he was newcastles best rider away from home for the last 6 weeks of 2012...he seemed to score better away than he did at home..i actually think he has more commitment and potential than wells...Sometimes when i watched wells he didnt look like he was interested but who knows i didnt watch him every week... :oops:

Would be good to get Ricky wells back. He was our best away performer last year. I'm sure he will improve his average significantly. Looks like an entertaining team so far. Will go home and away whenever I can. Up the Tigers.

This team will struggle.

Stead was a better rider when he last raced PL than he is now IMO. Sure he will get 8 with ease but will struggle to get 9 unless he is dominant at home like Wilson was. I can't see him being untouchable around Sheffield personally.

Albin is struggling in his homeland if you check out the Argentina scores, theres about 3 or 4 other local lads beating him . That said I dont recall Carlos Villar being thought of very much until he banged some scores in for Berwick so you never know.

I must agree Wells gave the impressionhe was more interested in what he did for Wolverhampton than for sheffield. If he did not gate it was all a struggle. We need people to give 100%.

No one did it last year if they didn't gate as it was the way the track was set up. Even Hall struggled to come from behind in his first two rides. Joe did so well last year as he was so strong out of the gate, I can only remember him passing another rider once, he did it all from the front.

As for Ricky Wells showing no interest when not gating here's a little reminder if you went. Off 15m, passed Skiddy, realed in Fisher and crossed the line level with Barker!

Pleased to confirm that 2013 Tigers No.1 Simon Stead will be at Thursday's (10th January) STAARS gathering.

A reminder to all we are at a NEW venue: The New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road (0.5 mile South-east of Owlerton Stadium) from 8pm

All are Welcome!!

Also pleased to confirm that 2013 Tigers Joe Haines and Richard Hall will be joining us along with Simon Stead at tonight's STAARS meeting. 

• Like 1

That's one ride, what about when both reserves from the away team beat him. I can't remember which team it was. So you think Wells had a good season, apart from the last few week's he was very average. Not a number 2 That's what he was signed for. If he want's more money score the point's,

No one did it last year if they didn't gate as it was the way the track was set up. Even Hall struggled to come from behind in his first two rides. Joe did so well last year as he was so strong out of the gate, I can only remember him passing another rider once, he did it all from the front.

As for Ricky Wells showing no interest when not gating here's a little reminder if you went. Off 15m, passed Skiddy, realed in Fisher and crossed the line level with Barker!

Also pleased to confirm that 2013 Tigers Joe Haines and Richard Hall will be joining us along with Simon Stead at tonight's STAARS meeting.

So.... That'll be a great chance for all those slagging Richard Hall off on here.... to do it to his face! :shock:

• Like 2

I think that the Promotion is taking a massive gamble with three assessed riders, not very often that riders actually manage to equal or better their assessed average, but has been done so you never know.

The big problem is that unlike you, me and SKJ and a few others that will turn up and support the team week in week out, win, lose or draw won't come if they feel the side is not one that is going to challenge for honours. And there lies the problem with the likes of Albin and Koppe they have just never heard of these guys and know very little about them, if anything.

I think that's the nub of the matter.

Having said that, while people are entitled to draw their conclusions as to how the team will do, it shouldn't stop them at least giving the riders a chance.

We gave them all a chance last season. We will give them another chance this coming season, and hope they produce the good's. Nobody want's them to fail. I hope. The managment set's up the team. They want the team to be sussesfull, it's there money at the end of the day. Just hope it turns out better than 2012. For the future of speedway in Sheffield.

• Like 1

And due to such a poor side, Haines has been forced into the main body of the side where he will struggle badly.

If he can gate like he did last year (IMO) I don't think he will struggle. Besides if Koppe & Albin ride to their potential then we might see both of them in the main body of the team after 12 or 24 meetings. Here's hoping & keeping my fingers crossed, not only for the riders, the track prep & most of all the weather!!!!

I must agree Wells gave the impressionhe was more interested in what he did for Wolverhampton than for sheffield. If he did not gate it was all a struggle. We need people to give 100%.

Must agree, I watched him riding round behind away riders - there could have been 20 laps in the race, but no way was he going to attempt a pass, he just rode around the inside kerb.

• Like 1

Forget Wells , heard what they have offered him today and even though I am not a fan of his its an insult ... god knows how they are going to get someone worth the title of second heat leader if they are making others the same offer ???

I heard he was the highest paid rider last year but didn't deliver and he's been offered the same points money and the same sign on so who's right?

• Like 1