British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2013

i hope something happens this week because we are starting to look a laughing stock to all of the speedway world with what is going on

If you relax in a warm, darkened and quiet romm, focus and concentrate, do you think it would be possible to come back here, refreshed and reinvigorated, and make an attempt at a more ridiculously exaggerated comment devoid of any grasp of reality?

Not just an amusement, but aughing stock you say? And not just hall half a dozen pissy Yorkshie folk who wouldn't be happy whatever the team that was built but the whole of the speedway world you reckon?

The report in the local paper has not said when Ricky Wells has too make his mind up.

There are implication for Wolves if Wells does not sign for Sheffield, so maybe Wolves may be tempted to give Wells an incentive to sign for Sheffield say some sort of cash incentive.

My view is that Wells will be back at Sheffield by the couple of days, my guess Thursday there will be an announcement Wells or no Wells.

I am presuming that both Wolves and Ricky Wells are happy with the deal they have struck for him to ride for the EL club.

I also presume that Wolves realise the consequences of Wells not signing for Sheffield (or any other PL team), so why on earth would they offer a cash incentive (i.e more £££ than they have already done a deal on), just so they can suppliment his income of riding PL?

It's surely not up to other clubs to suppliment a riders' income? It's surely up to each club to do a deal with each rider separately? :blink:

I am presuming that both Wolves and Ricky Wells are happy with the deal they have struck for him to ride for the EL club.

I also presume that Wolves realise the consequences of Wells not signing for Sheffield (or any other PL team), so why on earth would they offer a cash incentive (i.e more £££ than they have already done a deal on), just so they can suppliment his income of riding PL?

It's surely not up to other clubs to suppliment a riders' income? It's surely up to each club to do a deal with each rider separately? :blink:

lets face it...he's an average rider who is extremely lucky to have 2 offers, theres many better than him who haven't.

Depends on whether or not they planned to use Ricky.

I just wonder how it would effect their plans at Wolves if Ricky Wells was to be used on a full time basis.

lets face it...he's an average rider who is extremely lucky to have 2 offers, theres many better than him who haven't.

Don't think Wolves really think that he is average, they have been talking about buying him from Coventry.

I dont really know where all this underestimating of Ricky Wells ability comes from, he is still young, and a decent Elite 2nd string, and a half decent PL heat leader, who should easily be The No2 rider at Sheffield in 2013, yes sometimes he should be scoring more than he does for Sheffield, I mean double figures at Monmore 1 night, and single figures at Owlerton a few nights later, doesnt add up for me, and can be the only criticism of him.

i hope something happens this week because we are starting to look a laughing stock to all of the speedway world with what is going on

Oh yeah. Team refuses to pay average rider more than he's worth shock. Contrast with Berwick's great exciting team . Oh, and no sponsor so they might not run. I know who the laughing stock is more likely to be.

It says in the Sheffield Star that it will cause problems for Wolverhampton if Sheffield don't sign him because he is a Sheffield Speedway sponsored rider for his work permit so where will that leave Wolverhampton if he doesn't sign for Sheffield?

Ah one of my areas of knowledge! It will leave him without a work permit............ no work permit, no job!

Why should he ride for less money than he was paid last year. He has agreed to ride for the same as he was paid last year. Why should he take a pay cut.

Probably because the sport is in a big crisis and not much money is on offer?!

Maybe last season he was on a contract based on any potential improvement Sheffield seen in him i.e improvement to a 7.5-8.0 rider...it didn't happen so they now want to pay him based on his average?

He is no big hitter in the PL... far better riders about.

Probably because the sport is in a big crisis and not much money is on offer?!

Maybe last season he was on a contract based on any potential improvement Sheffield seen in him i.e improvement to a 7.5-8.0 rider...it didn't happen so they now want to pay him based on his average?

He is no big hitter in the PL... far better riders about.

Simple answer. If he scores heat leader points he gets heat leader pay. If he scores second string points he gets second string pay and if he scores reserve points he gets reserve pay.

Simple conclusion - score heat leader points all the time and you will be quids in. What better incentive.... :t:

• Like 4

Having read all the recent comments about Ricky Wells, both on here and the 'official' side, it would appear that Ricky thinks he's worth more than the offer that's been put to him. Talk of an 'outside influence' on his decision making, all I have seen evidence of is that Sam Ermolenko has been involved on his behalf whilst he's been back in the USA. IMO don't think Sam would get too involved over money matters, more like getting him set up with a decent team (LOL).

As I've posted before, think he'll sign this week, on a deal like Squall originally posted & others have since, on a performance based payment, which might make his Sheffield riding mirror that for Wolves. In the present economic climate, what he did last year for Sheffield and his apparent, current attitude that can only be fair for all concerned.

As for the to riders who are knocking at Hoggies door, hope Squall is right about that too, but I fear it's more likely to be Sanchez and Jakobsen.

If its Jakobsen, Sanchez or Pepe Franc then I am going nowhere near a meeting next term.

Having read all the recent comments about Ricky Wells, both on here and the 'official' side, it would appear that Ricky thinks he's worth more than the offer that's been put to him. Talk of an 'outside influence' on his decision making, all I have seen evidence of is that Sam Ermolenko has been involved on his behalf whilst he's been back in the USA. IMO don't think Sam would get too involved over money matters, more like getting him set up with a decent team (LOL).

As I've posted before, think he'll sign this week, on a deal like Squall originally posted & others have since, on a performance based payment, which might make his Sheffield riding mirror that for Wolves. In the present economic climate, what he did last year for Sheffield and his apparent, current attitude that can only be fair for all concerned.

As for the to riders who are knocking at Hoggies door, hope Squall is right about that too, but I fear it's more likely to be Sanchez and Jakobsen.

No knocking from Sanchez (fact). Is there really two riders interested to sign or is this some PR?