British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2013

If Wells doesn't sign they could go for Jesper B Monberg!

Ricky Wells is based in the uk less than an hour away from track through the season. If they can't afford Wells on last seasons package I doubt they could afford an overseas rider who's average is higher.

Same for North or Poole, I can't see them coming over from Oz on a cheap deal unless they can top their income up with an elite ride.

Ricky Wells is based in the uk less than an hour away from track through the season. If they can't afford Wells on last seasons package I doubt they could afford an overseas rider who's average is higher.

Same for North or Poole, I can't see them coming over from Oz on a cheap deal unless they can top their income up with an elite ride.

I am not sure that I would want North.

I maybe would go with Poole, but we would need a top heatleader to go with him.

In my opinion I believe Ricky Wells is a must, I personally think he would challenge Stead for the number 1 position.

Just had a look through the remaining available riders and I can't see anyone who has the potential as Wells, and certainly no one who looks as though they'd come to Sheffield for the money being offered.

Think we need to start and prepare for the return of Sanchez and Hall as 2nd and 3rd heat leaders.

PLEASE SIGN WELLS!!

In my opinion I believe Ricky Wells is a must, I personally think he would challenge Stead for the number 1 position.

Stead would have to drop 3 points off his average for that to happen

Happy New Year to all Tigers fans. We will be having our January STAARS gathering on Thursday 10th January 2013 from 8pm at a NEW venue, the home of speedway drinking in Sheffield, the New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5miles south-east of Owlerton Stadium)

Details of venue on attached website: http://www.castlerockbrewery.co.uk/site/?page_id=15 

As always it's a chance for Tigers fans to have a catch up and to talk about the Tigers and latest signings (if there are any???), all things speedway during the silly season and have a few beverages. All are welcome!

Regarding admission details: We were told at the last STAARS meeting that admission prices would be announced as soon as the 7 signings for 2013 were confirmed. (when that will be is anyone's guess at the moment :o)

Edited by Tigerite

I bet they could have offered Wells same deal as last year but not as easy soon as they signed Steady, the team could end up a disaster if they are not careful, give him same deal then at least we have some decent back up to steady.

Looking at the rest of the premier league teams announced so far, I do not believe any team, other than Sheffield can fit Wells in (unless they release another rider already signed). Would Wells be better off just riding Elite League only?

That is what he has to consider, and it could be the reason why the Promotion have waited to offer him terms, safe in the knowledge that the only club that can fit him into their team.

A lot could hinge on Wolves who have him lined up to ride as a doubling up rider would they be prepared to use him on a full time basis.

Fear the worst if wells doesnt sign.Hes pretty useful away from home and can only improve.Looks like were going down the cheap and cheerful rubbish route again with exception of steady.Going down the sanchez and hall route and put a quid on admission price would be suicidal for the club after last season.

Looking at the rest of the premier league teams announced so far, I do not believe any team, other than Sheffield can fit Wells in (unless they release another rider already signed). Would Wells be better off just riding Elite League only?

No rider could financially exist on "Elite League only" if he didn't combine with Poland or a Scandanavian club -- Ricky Wells needs to double-up, and it looks like being at Sheffield.

No rider could financially exist on "Elite League only" if he didn't combine with Poland or a Scandanavian club -- Ricky Wells needs to double-up, and it looks like being at Sheffield.

Or could he be prepared to wait further into the season until a rider get injured, or is sacked.

Simon Lambert has already signed for Rye House. You can't blame Ricky for not taking less money you are not going to accept a job that you know you are going to lose money on, that would be madness. Plus Ricky said that they had offered a lot less than last year and Sheffield are not known for paying the best rates.????

Simon Lambert has already signed for Rye House. You can't blame Ricky for not taking less money you are not going to accept a job that you know you are going to lose money on, that would be madness. Plus Ricky said that they had offered a lot less than last year and Sheffield are not known for paying the best rates.????

That is what I don't understand why approach a rider who clearly stated last season that he lost money riding for Sheffield and offer him a deal that less than the previous season.

That is what I don't understand why approach a rider who clearly stated last season that he lost money riding for Sheffield and offer him a deal that less than the previous season.

If that is the case Spinny....if he lost money last year....maybe he should have scored a few more points,i saw him a couple of time at Sheff last year and he was shocking....any rider who had an at best,average season complains about loosing money often its down to him not scoreing points

• Like 2

If that is the case Spinny....if he lost money last year....maybe he should have scored a few more points,i saw him a couple of time at Sheff last year and he was shocking....any rider who had an at best,average season complains about loosing money often its down to him not scoreing points

Fair comment, but I don't understand why they offer the rider less money when he has stated in the press that he lost money at Sheffield last season, it does not make sense.

I am not knocking the Promotion having a budget, it is the sensible way to go, you can only spend what you have.

I don't know how many times you saw Ricky, but the second half of the season he got a lot better, and I think that we could see him make some rapid improvements next season.

End of the day this is very worrying, we need something of a competitive team to try and attract the missing fans back, me I would go regardless who we have in the team, but there loads that don't think like that. .

• Like 1