British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2013

Paulco

I suppose looking at it without the red and white goggles on , there is a bit of sense in this . If i was Charles Wright i would be very vocal in my disgust at not getting a team place when there's Aussies getting signed up , who on the face of it , aren't any better than him .

With Harkess being Chairman of the BSPA and a promoter at the dump , it's very easy for my fellow Tigers fans to believe the evil , bony hand of Edinburgh is behind all this , especially when Fricke seems to be ok to start a British career .

But lets just dodge the bullet we should have dodged last year , and sign another two riders that we can be reasonably sure will at least ride to their average .

• Like 6

This work permits issue seems to be a real nightmare, and I just wonder why the applications of these two riders has been turned down.

Sheffield have gone down the same avenue as Glasgow and signed two foreign 5 point assessed riders and a 3 point British rider, wonder if we are going to be faced with the same problem.

This work permits issue seems to be a real nightmare, and I just wonder why the applications of these two riders has been turned down.

Sheffield have gone down the same avenue as Glasgow and signed two foreign 5 point assessed riders and a 3 point British rider, wonder if we are going to be faced with the same problem.

Wouldn't think so mate . You said Koppe had been here and working for a while , so he should be fine . And you'll probably find your Argentinian laddie will acquire a Spanish passport from somewhere .

Where do glasgow go from here with regards to their team buiding?

It's a choice between signing two riders with the 10.3 now at our disposal , or send Harley and Joey a copy of the Koran each and a couple of burkhas to make sure they get into the country .

• Like 6

Please correct me if i am wrong but I thought it was the management committe that decided this and isnt Gordon Pairman (of Glasgow) on that committee.

I am the Elite League reserve member.

This means that I am only called on if there is an conflict of interest amongst the EL MC members. It also means that I am not entitled to attend MC meetings.

Just as well, perhaps :lol:

• Like 3

This means that I am only called on if there is an conflict of interest amongst the EL MC members. It also means that I am not entitled to attend MC meetings.

Thanks Gordon for coming on here and putting the record straight, and not for the first time. Its much appreciated.

Can you throw any light on what the ACTUAL criteria are for allowing or denying the entry to Britain for young Aussie riders? This may help us understand the decision of the MC in this particular case.

• Like 3

Thanks very much for taking the time to clear that up, it is much apreciated

• Like 1

Thanks Gordon for coming on here and putting the record straight, and not for the first time. Its much appreciated.

Can you throw any light on what the ACTUAL criteria are for allowing or denying the entry to Britain for young Aussie riders? This may help us understand the decision of the MC in this particular case.

To be honest, I can't. I would if I could but don't actually understand it myself. There does seem to be some inconsistency here and I can understand supporters concerns.

Having watched Harley Horwood race in the 2012 Australian championship and spoken to him and Trent Leverington, who was mechanicing for him, I reckoned that he would be ready for UK PL in 2013.

Although I am surprised at his refusal, especially when others similarly able have been accepted, I need more information before being able to comment further.

Sorry not to be able to be more helpful

• Like 5