British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2013

Quite like that! Cook would be my first choice at number one, sadly I can't see that happening though. Of the rest I can't see North coming although I'd prefer him to Gathercole as he has far more potential.

at present north and a few other decent riders are not confirmed in any team so theres a chance for a not too bad team still just be greatfull your still running in 2013 the rest will be a bonus

at present north and a few other decent riders are not confirmed in any team so theres a chance for a not too bad team still just be greatfull your still running in 2013 the rest will be a bonus

I would rather have Robin Aspegren than Gathercole, but i have a feeling Lee wants Gathercole, like you Mike, Gathercole did not impress me last year to want to bring him back this year, you can only judge a rider on what you see yourself, and he was average at the sba, and less than average away, i think he is a much better rider that what he showed last year, but there are better riders around that would come before him, going on last years display by him for the Devils.

Edited by Devildodger

Considering last years debacle I think Cory came out of it all with great credit! I still think he can do a job but like many riders consistancy is the key!

Yeh i bet Cory's not happy with his riding last year, but if Lee thinks he can do a job for the team, then i will like all the supporters will, back him all the way.

• Like 1

Pity that he's signed up for Berwick Bandits, then!

Yeh sure is, can't always have what you want, it was only a rider that i would like to come to Plymouth, i don't think for one minute it was a rider that the team manager was looking at, i could name a few more if you like but it would only be a guess if they were wanted by the club wouldn't it.

Edited by Devildodger

I think all the riders came out with great credit following last years debacle. I just think Cory has found his level. He's been plugging away in the PL for sometime now and despite one stand out year at Somerset has always been around 6-7 in the PL. He'd be a steady middle order man which is never a bad thing and I would assume if he returns he'd keep the captaincy. But if Cory returns we'd need three additional heat leaders where as someone like North I believe could develop into a heat leader in his own right. Plus if we go with the number one I think we will then we will need improvement in the middle order.

Who's the number one you have in mind Mike? I know people think it's cook but I have doubts! I don't think Fisher will be back but I have a feeling it might be..............lol

I think it's an Australian, but which one i would not have a guess, Lee in the paper said the rider would need a van to get him to the meetings, so it must be an overseas rider, if it was Cook surely he would already have a van, i would not want Fisher back, he made his feelings clear of his dislike for the track at the SBA, if i had a choice i would go for Cameron Woodward, but thats just my choice and no way a rider that Lee and Seemond might go for.

Edited by Devildodger

Who's the number one you have in mind Mike? I know people think it's cook but I have doubts! I don't think Fisher will be back but I have a feeling it might be..............lol

Cook is Edinburgh bound.

I think it's an Australian, but which one i would not have a guess, Lee in the paper said the rider would need a van to get him to the meetings, so it must be an overseas rider, if it was Cook surely he would already have a van, i would not want Fisher back, he made his feelings clear of his dislike for the track at the SBA, if i had a choice i would go for Cameron Woodward, but thats just my choice and no way a rider that Lee and Seemond might go for.

Just because he doesn't like the track doesn't mean he can't ride the place, I'd welcome a retrun of the Fish. Woodward would come in on 9.28 and I'm not convinced he'd maintain that so I'd not be too happy with him. Cook would be amazing but he is off to Edinburgh :(

ty proctor

I highly doubt he'd maintain his starting average so I'd rather not myself.

tell him to buy one then like brit boys generally have to, and i thought clubs were cutting back on what the riders get!