British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2013

3 riders left out of the Witches side this year would make great signings for Plymouth in Dak North, Taylor Poole and Matt Tressarieu.

Both Taylor Poole and Dakota North were very poor when they came to the SBA with Ipswitch, Tressarieu was a little better, Ricky Wells would come before the three mentioned, i woudn't say no to Dakota North, but Poole and Tressarieu i woudn't want and others would come before them, Kenny Ingalls for one, plus Cameron Woodward would be a great number one.

Edited by Devildodger

Both Taylor Poole and Dakota North were very poor when they came to the SBA with Ipswitch, Tressarieu was a little better, Ricky Wells would come before the three mentioned, i woudn't say no to Dakota North, but Poole and Tressarieu i woudn't want and others would come before them, Kenny Ingalls for one, plus Cameron Woodward would be a great number one.

all depends on whos available and willing to ride and kenny ingalls wont be fit for most of this season at least the others mantiond are all still without a confirmed place
  • Like 1

3 riders left out of the Witches side this year would make great signings for Plymouth in Dak North, Taylor Poole and Matt Tressarieu.

the same could be said for two leicester riders who have been left out of the lions team next year linus eklof and magnus karlsson.

http://www.thisisply...tail/story.html

Two riders that were expected to be on Lee Triggers wanted list for this years team, fully agree with him.

As much as I like Cory I thought he had a poor year last season and wouldn't be too gutted if he moved on. I'm not saying I don't want him back but I'd be hoping for improvement from him especially away from home.

• Like 1

As much as I like Cory I thought he had a poor year last season and wouldn't be too gutted if he moved on. I'm not saying I don't want him back but I'd be hoping for improvement from him especially away from home.

If i had a choice between him and Ricky Wells then i would go for Ricky, i think if Cory signs he would have to ride at 4, i don't see him has an heat leader to be honest, but i think he could do a job at 4.

Regarding Poole & North, I think its dangerous to write off any rider based on a couple of showings at one particular track. You have to consider away form and the fact that any decent rider will soon get the hang of a new home track once they have learned the set ups and had some practice.

I accept that Poole might be a bit of a risk as he was a shadow of his former self after breaking his arm last season but North would be a good signing for any PL club IMO.

Regarding Poole & North, I think its dangerous to write off any rider based on a couple of showings at one particular track. You have to consider away form and the fact that any decent rider will soon get the hang of a new home track once they have learned the set ups and had some practice.

I accept that Poole might be a bit of a risk as he was a shadow of his former self after breaking his arm last season but North would be a good signing for any PL club IMO.

Quite right, North and Poole are still very talented young riders on reasonable averages, that said I don't see either at Plymouth next year (unless they are riding against us).

I for one hope Plymouth are able to build an attractive and competitive side next season that can challenge for silverware. The fan base you guys have in the west country is decent and you will certainly appreciate young Nick in your side. Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

my tom tom drums are saying ty proctor for number 1

Didn't know you got drums with tom tom, but if you do, and if your right then that is a move in the right direction, if we are to have a team next year to compete with the top sides in the PL, it is crucial that we have a top number 1 rider, and a good reserve, and if he can get Todd we are on the way, then build a team around them, for the last two years we have had a great number 1 rider in the team, but Lee had his hands tied by the promoter who said who came into the team, with him gone now Lee can sign riders he want's rather than a promoter who did not have a clue how to build a speedway team.

Edited by Devildodger

Another Argy? Dick Barrie's notes in Speedway Star don't really indicate anyone (other than Sanchez and the Berwick-bound Albin) who seem ready just yet.

Is it Facundo Cuello? Or will it be Nickolas Covatti, doubling down -- that'll be a good move!

If it's Covatti i hope he's better than the last Italian we had, looking at his last season form he could be, but Sanchez will do to.

Instead of sniping at past Promoters who have now left the scene - let's just celebrate the fact that Speedway is back at the SBA next Season. :party:

I sincerely hope that the 'Devils' get a good Team to support - I, for one, will be looking for their results each week along with those of Redcar, Berwick and Belle Vue. :t:

I will, of course be supporting Newcastle at Brough Park each week. I do hope that the Plymouth faithful will, once again, make the Trip up. :approve::t:

• Like 2

Instead of sniping at past Promoters who have now left the scene - let's just celebrate the fact that Speedway is back at the SBA next Season. :party:

I sincerely hope that the 'Devils' get a good Team to support - I, for one, will be looking for their results each week along with those of Redcar, Berwick and Belle Vue. :t:

I will, of course be supporting Newcastle at Brough Park each week. I do hope that the Plymouth faithful will, once again, make the Trip up. :approve::t:

Who was the last promoter, i can't remember his name, i have forgotten him already :drink:

Edited by Devildodger

Plymouth Devils can be the biggest team in the league.

http://www.thisisply...tail/story.html

Unlike some of the media reports put out by speedway promoters, I don't think that a single bit of what Stephens says is unreasonable.

I shall endeavour to be there for the first meeting of the season - and I predict a lock out.