British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2013

Mikkel bech signed for the devils and will be an asset:-)

Fantastic signing for Plymouth & the PL,Plymouth must be hoping the asset system over here stays the way it is as Bech will be a valueable asset one day should they decide to sell.

Just cant see why he has gone PL... Hes more than ready for the el.

Hope the fans that have stayed away from plymouth in recent weeks return now as there is no doubt MBJ will be a hell of an expensive signing

Shoulf waltz to a 9 pt average tho

Just cant see why he has gone PL... Hes more than ready for the el.

Hope the fans that have stayed away from plymouth in recent weeks return now as there is no doubt MBJ will be a hell of an expensive signing

Shoulf waltz to a 9 pt average tho

Your right but how long will it take for him to get a proper average,whatever it is,how many meetings will he miss for the Devils though Im sure the promotion mustve looked at that already.

Excellent signing, but like it has been said won't have come cheap.

What does it say when a rider of this reputation,talent and potential signs as an asset for a Premier League rider rather than an Elite League team.

I presume that the Promotion and rider have sat down and discussed possible fixture clashes and meetings missed will be minimal.

But one change and the Devils look a good proposition.

Many congratulations to the management and on securing the signature of a rising talent within the speedway world. To compete at the level this young man has and such a young age is a little bit special I think. Mikkel has the potential to be a world star in years to come and im sure he will do well in the Premier League. It will be interesting to see how he goes around the SBA as it may well be a little smaller than the tracks he has been use to riding on. I have absolutely no doubt he will cope very well though.

I seem to remember a few years back a tiny little chap, who's name escapes me at the minute, coming over and racing at the SBA in a challenge match, organised by Niki Glanz ? He had never even seen the track and in his his first ever ride around the place he broke the lap record!! Im sure Mikkel will be more than capable of doing the same.

Id just like to wish Riki Kling all the best for the future and hope he can sort his personnel life out and resume his racing carrier in the future. It would be a huge loss to the sport if he did not resume racing and realise his true potential in the sport. This guy is a really good rider and its a shame his performances have be nowhere near the level he is capable of. Would love to see him return to the Devils team in the future and perform at his best for us. His best would be plenty good enough ;-), good luck sir.

Anyway, off to Somerset tonight to see Cory and Mark lift the trophy for the Devils and then on to Cardiff tomorrow to see Ty and Chris finish 1 & 2 on the rostrum in Cardiff!! Aim for the stars and you just never know! ;-)))

Good luck to the boys tonight, be safe and super fast!!;-)

Excellent signing, but like it has been said won't have come cheap.

What does it say when a rider of this reputation,talent and potential signs as an asset for a Premier League rider rather than an Elite League team.

I presume that the Promotion and rider have sat down and discussed possible fixture clashes and meetings missed will be minimal.

But one change and the Devils look a good proposition.

I can seriously see this signing doubling the gate at Plymouth. If he does, he'll actually be remarkably cheap.

Absolutely delighted for my pals down in the south west.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

full credit to the management for bringing a top man into our league we should all benefit not only plymouth by watching this guy go about his business,i am just glad my team leicester met plymouth home and away before they made this signing.

Have seen Mikkel in Germany in the U21 WTC qualifier at Neudstadt and then at Lonigo in the U21 qualifier and he was class. has superb equipment and a top class mechanic in Roger who has worked for some of the best including Crumpy.

Must make sure I get to watch a few Plymouth meetings!

Edited by Main Man

does he still have to do 12 meeting to become an asset??? or has that changed

I seem to remember lasse bjerre rode something like 11 meetings for the stars in the pl, almost becoming an asset, then peterboro came in and signed him as a "protected asset" or some tosh like that, effectively pinching him from under kl's noses so be aware!

As I said on another thread, if small, out-in-the-country clubs like Berwick and Plymouth can bring in riders of the calibre of Eddie Kennett and Michael Bech, there can be no excuse for the city tracks, in either league, with better (potential) fanbases to find riders when and if they feel the need to change.

A truly impressive signing for the PL. I am already looking at the Devils' fixtures to work out where I can go and watch him live.

As I said on another thread, if small, out-in-the-country clubs like Berwick and Plymouth can bring in riders of the calibre of Eddie Kennett and Michael Bech, there can be no excuse for the city tracks, in either league, with better (potential) fanbases to find riders when and if they feel the need to change.

A truly impressive signing for the PL. I am already looking at the Devils' fixtures to work out where I can go and watch him live.

Plymouth small out-in-the-country .? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Population 250.000+ Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1