British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2013

Well he'd be 3.69 so my guess is yes he is. That said I'm told he's quite expensive and for that reason he probably won't be the man to fill the reserve slot. I'd put money on it being Reade.

The interesting thing is that there seems to be work permit issues with whoever we are looking at for the main body role meaning we may be looking at someone else now instead. One of the guys on the Plymouth forum brought up Hawkins' name and I tend to think he could end up being our number 2 which I'd be quite underwhelmed with as I don't really rate him. It's just such a shame Boxall can't sort himself out as on 5.69 and Reade on a 3.00 we'd be looking decent!

Your right Mike about Boxall, such a waste of a talent, thats one rider that i did rate, top man in the PL, the trouble with Hawkins i cant see him improving on the cma he has now, i think Lee is trying to sign someone who can, there are a lot of riders like Hawkins in this Country that i would look at before him, riders that have been on a higher cma that could improve on the one they have now because of a bad year last year.

I think some teams overlook how crucial having a decent 2 and a good 4 is for any speedway team, there will be times in a meeting where not having them will cost a team, something the team have found out to there cost in the past when other teams like Somerset have came to the sba, i just hope Lee don't make that same mistake, i'm sure he wont, we have a very 4, we just need the same at 2 now.

Edited by Devildodger

Thank you for the explanation. :)

Perhaps you would care to enlighten me about where I am DISHONEST in the opinions that I Post on this Forum. I may be mistaken sometimes, but I don't believe that I am ever intentionally dishonest.

I would be interested to know.

You and I are BOTH entitled to our opinions - I have no problems with that. :)

Paul Starke did VERY well for Newcastle HT. I was really impressed with him. :approve:

I have never said you have. Its just a general comment about anything on this forum. Some comments we all agree on. Others we dont. Thats all.

As for Paul Starke, Id have no problems with him doubling up with Ben Reade. Good honest lad who needs a break.

• Like 1

As confirmed on the official Plymouth Devils Web Site PLYMOUTH

1. Ty Proctor.............9.21

2. Mark Lemon..........7.27

3. Ricky Kling............6.61

4. Cory Gathercole.....6.33

5. CHRIS SCHRAMM....4.91

6. Todd Kurtz............4.38

7. BEN READE............3.00

http://www.plymouthdevils.co/

Edited by keyham
  • Like 2

5. CHRIS SCHRAMM....4.91

Happy with that Dave, much better having Chris Schramm than Hawkins, had a bad year last year but in the right team he can up his cma i feel.

good to see plymouth have got there team sorted looks quite a useful team, hopefully all being well with the berwick situation we will see you's all in the new season

5. CHRIS SCHRAMM....4.91

A good balanced side I think, however I can`t see Proctor achieving his average. It will be interesting to see if Lemo can also.A lot will depend on Cory and Ricky,on a good day they are both worth more than their averages suggest.Top eight imo.

Not a bad side I think Kurtz at reserve will prove a masterstroke, he had a very good 2011 with Newport and although his average dropped in 2012 he was at #2 all season in a struggling side.

• Like 1

A very promising outfit. I wish them well. After all the trials and tribulations of the early winter this is great News. :t::approve:

Well done to ALL involved and very Best of Luck in the coming Season :party: :party: ................except against Newcastle of course. :wink:

• Like 2

Delighted to see Schrammy fixed up, poor machinery as well as coming back from a bad injury meant we didn't see the best of him at Sheffield, but never ever saw him give any less than 100% and in a tough season for the Tigers, that was very much appreciated. Wish him the best of luck.

• Like 2

Schramm should prove steady if not spectacular, he always gives 100% effort which is all that can be asked for hopefully he stay injury free! Reade will hopefully continue his development and improve his average and will no doubt be given the time he needs.

Our middle order will be the key this season, Cory needs a big year!

• Like 1

Can't see any change in Proctor's or Reade's ave but the rest should/could all put a point on theirs. Since the start of 2012 the 4 PL starters from that year have lost 4.16 off their averages, Lemon (1.81), Gathercole (0.51), Schramm (1.37), Kurtz (0.47). If they can get back to where they were the Devils have a great chance for the play offs.

Can't see any change in Proctor's or Reade's ave but the rest should/could all put a point on theirs. Since the start of 2012 the 4 PL starters from that year have lost 4.16 off their averages, Lemon (1.81), Gathercole (0.51), Schramm (1.37), Kurtz (0.47). If they can get back to where they were the Devils have a great chance for the play offs.

Not sure about Lemon, but i can't see why the other three can't improve there average's, Kurtz for sure, Gathercole and Schramm wouldn't take much, both had a bad year by there standards last year, so only have to get back to near there best to put a bit on there average.

Edited by Devildodger

Why do some people always put a negative slant on each and every rider and always indirectly criticise the team chosen?? I believe the promotion have put together a very good team within the budget constraints allowed! Ty Proctor is a very able and experienced rider who will perform to near his average and with more rides under his belt with EL racing will become an excellent number 1. Lemon is also an experienced rider who will bring all that wealth to the likes of Kurtz and Reade! Gathercole I believe will have a better season with the riders around him who will provide the necessary support. The jewel in the crown IMHO will be Kling who is an absolute steal on his average. Whenever Kling has ridden our track even standing in for Barker he has been superb and has hardly been mentioned as someone who will be an excellent addition to the devils!! Schramm had a poor season as admitted by himself due to poor machinery and coming off the back of a nasty injury! Chris will improve no doubt and become an effective number 2! Finally Lee Trigger should be applauded for bringing in Reade as he' s giving a Brit a chance to develope and become an established Pl rider and he will surprise many as the season progresses!! Plymouth may not win the PL but we have a very competitive side who will surprise many next season!! I suggest a big well done to the promotion for putting this side together especially after recent events and im pleased we haven't over stretched our budget to accommodate riders who just wouldn't give their all for the cause! So instead of being negative get behind the side and think how lucky we are to take to the track in 2013!! Good luck to all concerned with the Plymouth Devils.

The only people who are negative are the one's who don't support the team, so they don't count, i'm very happy with the team, and am fully behind Lee and the team, i think bringing in Mark Lemon is a very good move by Lee, the only negative i have is the wait to see the lads.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 1