British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2013

email from Godfrey And Seemond

We have this morning (Friday 23/11) received an email from St Boniface College Business Manager Kerri Snell indicating that a letter is currently in preparation, and should be mailed at close of school business today, offering the consortium an agreement to continue to run Premier League speedway at the St Boniface Arena in 2013.

Whilst the i s will need to be dotted and the ts crossed we believe that the offer will be based on discussions hheld at the College on Tuesday.

At this time we would like to thank everyone at the College for their help in making the dream return to life and hope that this is the begining of a long relationship between us.

We must also thank the British Speedway Promoters Association who have delayed our declaration deadline in order that we could continue to consult with the College on the lease and in particular BSPA Chairman Alex Harkess who has been working very hard in the background to help ensure a positive outcome, we are very grateful for all their work.

In anticipation of a positive outcome we have persuaded former Devils Commercial Manager Brian Cave to end his retirement and he will once more be actively seeking new sponsors, as well as hoping to rekindle the enthusiasm of the sponsors from years past, last years team manager Lee Trigger will also be returning. However we regret we will be unable to offer him a package comparable with that offered by Chelsea football club to their new manager.

Finally, we must not forget the work put in over the past 7 years by Mike Bowden and thank him for his patience over the past few months, without his enthusiasm the sport would never have returned to Plymouth.

Edited by keyham
  • Like 6

Brilliant news :approve:

Top track with some top supporters.

Very best of luck to the Devils in 2013.

Oh Dam. That means I have to honour the promise to Halifaxtiger, to go to Plymouth for the first time ever on our mini Southern tour together.

Delighted for the new consortium and all the fans, especially the ones who have stopped going who now can return to their local track.

See ya all there.

• Like 1

Oh Dam. That means I have to honour the promise to Halifaxtiger, to go to Plymouth for the first time ever on our mini Southern tour together.

Delighted for the new consortium and all the fans, especially the ones who have stopped going who now can return to their local track.

See ya all there.

Sh*te. I'd forgotten about that........... :D

Will look forward to it David. :drink:

• Like 1

Will Godfrey Spargo be bringing his good friend the former Reading Team Manager ivan Shears back into the fold. Shears is now based in Plymouth and the two used to room together on a lot of the Reading away tours when Spargo used to mentor Shears.

So let the team building commence!

Whilst I'm just delighted the Devils are going to be at the tapes come March I'm sure we all have ideas about who we'd like to see in the Devils bib for next season. I'd like to think the new consortium will have seen the past disasters with top heavy teams and will go for a more all round strength in depth approach.

Of last year's finishing septet Barker has gone and Ksiezak has retired. Leaving Fish, Cory, Todd, Jake and Jimmy. I can't see the latter two returning myself but Cory and Todd could well be back me thinks. If that did happen Todd has to be at reserve and Cory needs a much better season than last. As for the Fish well he's on a far more attractive average of 8.78 but I'm hearing he's already signed for three different PL clubs so who knows on that one. I'd love him to return though!

As for the rest of the team well I'd love to see Nick Morris personally, I think he could well improve on his 8.00 starting figure. Given his connections to Spargo, I wouldn't be surprised to see Emiliano Sanchez in Devils colours next year either. I'd welcome a return for Glanz as he's only on 3.69 and lots of improvement in him in my opinion and he's a Devils asset.

All interesting and I can't wait to see who actually dons the bib for next year.

Today is feels like Christmas day when you were a child, the Devils have been saved at the 11th hour!!!I have not felt so much excitement about the season starting and team building. Personally Cory and Todd returning would be all I would want back and Brady Kurtz and Jack Holder added for reserve!! That would leave us a whole load of points for fill the remaining 3 spots....!!! Oh I love today!! Gino!!!

So let the team building commence!

Whilst I'm just delighted the Devils are going to be at the tapes come March I'm sure we all have ideas about who we'd like to see in the Devils bib for next season. I'd like to think the new consortium will have seen the past disasters with top heavy teams and will go for a more all round strength in depth approach.

Of last year's finishing septet Barker has gone and Ksiezak has retired. Leaving Fish, Cory, Todd, Jake and Jimmy. I can't see the latter two returning myself but Cory and Todd could well be back me thinks. If that did happen Todd has to be at reserve and Cory needs a much better season than last. As for the Fish well he's on a far more attractive average of 8.78 but I'm hearing he's already signed for three different PL clubs so who knows on that one. I'd love him to return though!

As for the rest of the team well I'd love to see Nick Morris personally, I think he could well improve on his 8.00 starting figure. Given his connections to Spargo, I wouldn't be surprised to see Emiliano Sanchez in Devils colours next year either. I'd welcome a return for Glanz as he's only on 3.69 and lots of improvement in him in my opinion and he's a Devils asset.

All interesting and I can't wait to see who actually dons the bib for next year.

I agree with everything you say in your post Mike, a top heavy team we don't need, Barker yes a great rider but having even at home did not stop teams coming with a game plan winning on are track, and i think come the end of the speedway season he did not ride for the team.