British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2013

Totally agree, to say Plymouth are as good as Somerset on the current signings and speculation at who will complete the Plymouth side is in my opinion crazy. Somerset should be top 4, Plymouth will be bottom 4 but that will do me given the last 2 seasons.

This looks like the Plymouth side that fans deserve. A side that should deliver more cons

Totally agree, to say Plymouth are as good as Somerset on the current signings and speculation at who will complete the Plymouth side is in my opinion crazy. Somerset should be top 4, Plymouth will be bottom 4 but that will do me given the last 2 seasons.

This looks like the Plymouth side that fans deserve. A side that should deliver more consistency both home and away, and keep the team nearer the right end of the table.

More to the point that its amazing that the club is now in safe hands with a safe more long term future. I think Proctor and Lemon give a decent top end and the rest seem solid, maybe not a championship winning side but foolish to tile any side out in December and I am delighted the devils are coming to tapes full stop.

• Like 2

Didn't Lee say at the end of last season that he wanted Jake Anderson to stay?

Yes i can remember Lee saying that, it just makes me think why would you send a contract by mail to a rider living abroad, you would email them or fax them to them, i would think thats the way the four riders we already have had been done that way, when Lee said that the contracts have been sent out to the two remaining riders made me think they are British, i wouldn't post a contract to a rider living in America or Europe when i could email or fax it to him, it maybe the same postman Mike Bowden used.

Edited by Devildodger

birmingham wanted an unrealistic loan fee for jake so lee had to look at other options,the other rider also has an elite club with certain agreements if plymouth want to use him but lee is no mug and is trying to get the best deal for the devils,dont think we should judge anyone until we have seen them race give them a chance half a dozen meetings or so then make a judgement whoever the last two are i think we got a better team than last year,mikey bet£20 in ben fund we dont finish in bottom 4

Good post Dave, coming from someone who has followed speedway for a while, the sign of a good team manager is one that when they have to make changes, and there will be changes, makes the right ones at the right time, good one Dave.

Not very positive of you to assume your team won't work so will need changes ??? 😜

birmingham wanted an unrealistic loan fee for jake so lee had to look at other options,the other rider also has an elite club with certain agreements if plymouth want to use him but lee is no mug and is trying to get the best deal for the devils,dont think we should judge anyone until we have seen them race give them a chance half a dozen meetings or so then make a judgement whoever the last two are i think we got a better team than last year,mikey bet£20 in ben fund we dont finish in bottom 4

The loan fee is fixed by the riders average.

• Like 1

loan fees are set acordin to riders averag at least thats how it was in years gone by

loan fees are set acordin to riders averag at least thats how it was in years gone by

sorry didnt notice tsunami had allready said this

done some research did not realise gino manzares was usa u21 national champion the lad must have something going for him well worth giving him a shot in premier league could be good on our tight circuit imo

And who was 2nd? I could win a meeting if it consisted of Barbara who runs the corner shop, my mate Dave, a one armed man and a blind man. Wouldn't make me any good. He never seemed to beat anyone worthwhile when I saw him second halfing.

Only saw Austin Novatril once but my God was I impressed. That was about 2 years ago now so I'm guessing he's 18 and come on a bit. I'd sign him on a 5 point average,. Would have to agree on Manzares, seen him a handful of times, 3 point PL rider only IMO.

austen novratil finished 3rd if any help ;)

Not very positive of you to assume your team won't work so will need changes ???

Where did i say the team won't work, i haven't assumed anything in my post, your the one doing the assuming, riders get injured and changes have to be made, your trying to put words in my mouth, i'm happy with the riders we have now, but you can't have followed speedway very long if you think teams won't be forced to make changes, Scunthorpe were forced to make changes last year, and they won it, and not because they wanted to, because David Howe got injured, i was saying that the sign of a good team manager is when changes have to be made, they make the right one's, not hard to understand is it, no mention that i'm not happy with the team we have, it's part on the sport, and how dangerous it is.

Edited by Devildodger

done some research did not realise gino manzares was usa u21 national champion the lad must have something going for him well worth giving him a shot in premier league could be good on our tight circuit imo

And who was 2nd? I could win a meeting if it consisted of Barbara who runs the corner shop, my mate Dave, a one armed man and a blind man. Wouldn't make me any good. He never seemed to beat anyone worthwhile when I saw him second halfing.

austen novratil finished 3rd if any help ;)

Austin finishing 3rd is the bare fact, what the research didnt say, was in the Final race Austin beat Manzares, also Austin fell whilst leading in 1 race, and it was total points scored overall who was the winner, however i will admit gino does seem to have improved, but he needs to, to be PL standard.