British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2013

I think the new promotion will go for a solid team, "team" being the main focus of the side.

I think Mark Lemon will feature in the side, good rider, solid team man and will be good home and away.

Cory impressed me with his attitude and commitment in tough times last year. Id like to see him back.

Todd could be a good one to have back too and im sure their and is better things to come from him this season.

Ty Proctor will do ok if he is the chosen No1. He should be solid home snd away so I'd be content with him too.

Ricky kling could alao fit the team ethic and he like Proctor and Lemon will would definitely give us a solid look and all are well capable riders in this league.

Be interesting to see if Niki comes back, i have my doubts? Rides the tight line and very reluctant to ride around the boards. Id give him a miss myself. Id give Ben Reade another go though. He has come on so much in the last twelve months and is another one who could improve on his average with more experience. I like his attitude too, always has a go even when he's last.

Im sure there are many riders who could do a good job but id be happy and content to follow a solid team who has a chance of winning points away from home and should be tough to beat at home.

• Like 1

It would be great to have a dream team at the club neat year, but there are more things to be done within the club than just getting a team together that everyone will be happy with, make no mistake there are lots to be done at the track than off the track at the club, Godfrey said earlier the track needs lots of work, because it was done on the cheap to start with, and talking to riders i was told that the clay that was put down was half the thickness it should have been, so that will need to be sorted, the area around the track also needs to be updated, because the place is a shambles, and a danger to anyone when it is dark, cables that are on show need to be put undeground, they are on show all around the track, and has been like that from day one.

So taking over the club will not be all about getting the team together, it will i think be a complete overhaul of the club, yes i would like to see a PL winning team at the club, but i do understand what needs to be done within the club to bring it up to date, and to make it safe for supporters to bring there familys on a friday, something the previous owner overlooked, and i am behind anything the new owners feel they need to do, teamwise and trackwise.

Does it really metter who rides for the Devils?

I think most people are simply grateful that we have any speedway at all down here.

Good luck to the new promotion. I sincerely hope they get to do everything they are setting out to do.

Im not bothered about winning the League.I just want some hard fast and exciting racing each week.

Just like we used to. :lol:

ps: Just when you thought you got rid of the Bowdens,up they popped on local tv last night! Adam and his mother were interviewed about the closing down of Comet.(BBC spotlight programme 6.30-7pm)

i reckon proctor,lemon,kling,gathercole,kurts will feature this will be a difficult side to beat imo

Compare that to last year...

Barker, Fisher, Gathercole, Holder, Kurtz - I'd say the five above aren't as good as this five even if Holder struggled.

Throw in Reade who has been talked about and I'd actually say we could be weaker than last year. It would only leave 5.7 for the last rider too and unless that was a gem I can see us being towards the bottom.

I hope we go for something a bit stronger myself.

Dear Mr Dodger,

I totally respect your and other peoples opinions on the forum. It may pay for you to do the same. My post was put together after having read a number of previously posted teams that i had seen and using names that had been in other forum members teams. It was an opinion of which i and other people are entitled, not just yours!

The new promotion will do things there way and i will follow the team as i have always done. I will offer my total support to the riders, whoever pulls on a devils race jacket. At the end of the day the team needs to be competative in order that the paying public come and support the club. The track, facilities, lighting, bankings, fencing etc etc are all sub standard and will need to be improved for sure.

The team will be what it is but my guess is they will go for a competitive solid team with no out and stars. A team capable of winning home and away.

Personally id like to see an air fence, which maybe us as supporters could raise the money for over a period of time. A pound a week from each of us and it would soon mount up. It would benefit all. Just an opinion before you borrowed

Personally id like to see an air fence, which maybe us as supporters could raise the money for over a period of time. A pound a week from each of us and it would soon mount up. It would benefit all. Just an opinion before you borrowed

An air fence? By the time it's inflated, it'd be sat on the white line!

Dear Mr Dodger,

I totally respect your and other peoples opinions on the forum. It may pay for you to do the same. My post was put together after having read a number of previously posted teams that i had seen and using names that had been in other forum members teams. It was an opinion of which i and other people are entitled, not just yours!

The new promotion will do things there way and i will follow the team as i have always done. I will offer my total support to the riders, whoever pulls on a devils race jacket. At the end of the day the team needs to be competative in order that the paying public come and support the club. The track, facilities, lighting, bankings, fencing etc etc are all sub standard and will need to be improved for sure.

The team will be what it is but my guess is they will go for a competitive solid team with no out and stars. A team capable of winning home and away.

Dear Mr Snafu.

If you want to put an opinion on this site then you do it, but if you want to pay me to read yours then you can do that to, i would also like to see an air fence at the track, but has the track is now there is no chance, thats just my opinion mind you, and i respect yours to but for some reason you don't think i do, thats down to you, i will be at the meeting tonight, see you there if your going.

I think the new promotion will go for a solid team, "team" being the main focus of the side.

I think Mark Lemon will feature in the side, good rider, solid team man and will be good home and away.

Cory impressed me with his attitude and commitment in tough times last year. Id like to see him back.

Todd could be a good one to have back too and im sure their and is better things to come from him this season.

Ty Proctor will do ok if he is the chosen No1. He should be solid home snd away so I'd be content with him too.

Ricky kling could alao fit the team ethic and he like Proctor and Lemon will would definitely give us a solid look and all are well capable riders in this league.

Be interesting to see if Niki comes back, i have my doubts? Rides the tight line and very reluctant to ride around the boards. Id give him a miss myself. Id give Ben Reade another go though. He has come on so much in the last twelve months and is another one who could improve on his average with more experience. I like his attitude too, always has a go even when he's last.

Im sure there are many riders who could do a good job but id be happy and content to follow a solid team who has a chance of winning points away from home and should be tough to beat at home.

Obviously in the know !

Two riders still to be named but it's likely to be...

1. Proctor

2. ?

3. Lemon

4. Gathercole

5. Kling

6. Kurtz

7. ?

I believe the deals are close to conclusion for the other two and from what I hear VH is right on the money!

Thanks. Looks solid so far with alot more balance than the team you had last year. Will be a real trump card if Kurtz can start at reserve.