British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2013

Cant believe Cook is saying terms with Edinburgh are not near what he is wanting .Poor public relations IMO

Money or the lack of it seems to be a problem with Cook , isn't that why he left the Comets to join Edinburgh ?

Cook is Edinburgh bound.

Just because he doesn't like the track doesn't mean he can't ride the place, I'd welcome a retrun of the Fish. Woodward would come in on 9.28 and I'm not convinced he'd maintain that so I'd not be too happy with him. Cook would be amazing but he is off to Edinburgh :(

I highly doubt he'd maintain his starting average so I'd rather not myself.

I think we will know more after wednesday when Seemond and Ashley Taylor will be travelling up to the BSPA headquarters at Rugby for an interview which is required as part of the application to become co-promoters, David Short will be joining them in his capacity as overseeing promoter, Asleys says in the local sunday paper, hopefully all the necessary details can be sorted in time for the takeover to be completed before the Christmas break.

Where do you get Cookie's average of 7.76 from? Think he's nearer the 8.50 mark.

Anyway, he's Armadale bound. Just a matter of time, and think there was a lot more to the reasons he left Derwent Park... Their loss;)

Considering last years debacle I think Cory came out of it all with great credit! I still think he can do a job but like many riders consistancy is the key!

Well said. Plymouth fans will probably never know just how loyal he was to the club last year and taking on the captaincy just led to more problems that the other riders didn't have to deal with. It wasn't just a case of turning up and riding his bike like it was for the others. The fact he turned up every week and gave 100% every week says everything you need to know about him.

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 2

Well said. Plymouth fans will probably never know just how loyal he was to you lot last year and taking on the captaincy just led to more problems that the other riders didn't have to deal with. It wasn't just a case of turning up and riding his bike like it was for the others. The fact he turned up every week and gave 100% every week says everything you need to know about him.

I just hope they don't make him captain this year then if he signs for the team, trouble behind the scenes don't concern the supporters, they pay to go in and watch a speedway meeting, thats all the riders need to know, i'm sure they don't want to know how supporters got to the meeting, and problems they had getting to the meeting, if it's true what you have said then i have a lot of respect for what he did for the team, but i hope he don't feel the same way has you when you say you lot and then says that's everything you need to know about, because if he do then he won't be back will he.

I just hope they don't make him captain this year then if he signs for the team, trouble behind the scenes don't concern the supporters, they pay to go in and watch a speedway meeting, thats all the riders need to know, i'm sure they don't want to know how supporters got to the meeting, and problems they had getting to the meeting, if it's true what you have said then i have a lot of respect for what he did for the team, but i hope he don't feel the same way has you when you say you lot and then says that's everything you need to know about, because if he do then he won't be back will he.

Yeah sorry about the term you lot! That came out wrong and I have now changed that post. The fans were loyal to all the riders last year just as the riders were loyal to the fans by turning out every week. The problem from 2012 has been removed and I'm sure 2013 will be better for you all. If any fans deserve a change of fortune at their club then its Plymouth fans.

Edited by thecoombdog

Yeah sorry about the term you lot! That came out wrong and I have now changed that post. The fans were loyal to all the riders last year just as the riders were loyal to the fans by turning out every week. The problem from 2012 has been removed and I'm sure 2013 will be better for you all. If any fans deserve a change of fortune at their club then its Plymouth fans.

There was only one person to blame for what happened to the club last year and we all know who, Cory had a bad year last year but we all know the lad can do a lot better, it's up to the club if they want to bring Cory back, if they do all the supporters will be behind him, thats if he wants to come back that is, i know the lot i stand with will :lol:

Plymouth Devils Open Evening.

There will be an open evening at The Vale (formerly the

Mermaid) at Eggbuckland on Thursday December 20th at 7.30pm when the promoters, team manager, supporters club will be in attendance and hopefully the new team will be named on this evening.

Please come along and show your support and offer any help you may be able to give in any shape or form and make Plymouth Speedway something we can all be proud of and get right behind all the lads who wear the devils bibs in 2013.

Edited by keyham
  • Like 1

1, Craig Cook 7.76.

2, Emiliano Sanchez 5.83.

3. Cory Gathercole 6.59.

4, Filip Sitera

5, Dakota North 6.89.

6, Todd Kurtz 5.15.

7. Tom Bollards/ Joe Jacobs/ Paul Starke/ Henning Loof

Craig cook agrees terms with Edinburgh. Deluded thinking he was ever going to Plymouth

http://m.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/speedway/speedway-monarchs-pay-tribute-to-tragic-winkler-1-2683708

Plymouth Devils Open Evening.

There will be an open evening at The Vale (formerly the

Mermaid) at Eggbuckland on Thursday December 20th at 7.30pm when the promoters, team manager, supporters club will be in attendance and hopefully the new team will be named on this evening.

Please come along and show your support and offer any help you may be able to give in any shape or form and make Plymouth Speedway something we can all be proud of and get right behind all the lads who wear the devils bibs in 2013.

Can't do much up here in Sunderland - but - very best of luck with your endeavours. :approve: :approve:

• Like 1