British Speedway Forum

Plymouth V Glasgow 7th September

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

http://plymouthdevil...isplay&thread=2

Follow the red lines. Top left is park and ride car park. The other is the road leading down to the track under the bridge where people park if there early enough. Dont go to far forward as there are double yellows just before the bridge. The yellow is the walk way down to track.

Edited by keyham

Just get a more-accurate poster than you had at Redcar last night, Sue.

Aw come on now, i know it is frustrating but you really should try to be more tolerant.

This service is provided by fans for Fans and no profit is involved, we all make mistakes so please dont crucify these people that provide a great service.

Try getting onto the promoters and ask them to provide this service, dont think you would get a reply :t:

• Like 7

Just get a more-accurate poster than you had at Redcar last night, Sue.

Just to be clear, which part of the updating team are you speaking about? The updater can only report on what the texter has sent and the texter may have a different view to some others at the track...as I know only too well as from my vantage point, I can miss what is going on on the outside of the back straight and someone on the back straight can miss things going on on the home straight.

Coupled with that, texting from a meeting (or updating from the texts for that matter), is not as easy as it appears. It can get extremely stressy, you miss out on the social aspect of going to the meeting, if it is raining or cold, you can't just put your hands in your pockets and thing "Oh begger it", you have to keep on going. From the other side (the updating from the texts sent part), you have to keep an eye on the thread for adverse posts, load all the info into the template quickly and efficiently (sometimes having to decipher what the texts actually mean!) and of course, we all have home lives, so hassle from loved ones, the phone ringing, someone at the door etc can lead to little mistakes creeping in.

Mind you, my mistakes (and I do make them, I am not immune by any stretch of the imagination and I have been doing it since 2003!) I think are more to do with getting older and easily distracted...... :lol:

I think something which is often forgotten, is that the team members are not professionals, they are just normal fans like everyone else. It is not something they are paid to do, in fact, they pay to get in to see speedway just like everyone else....there are no real positives to being a texter, just a fair amount of stresses and loss of enjoyment (although there are some weird beings who actually like texting from the track :blink: ), so to a huge extent, we rely on the goodwill of fans attending tracks for the results.

All the team members do try to be accurate but alas, sometimes mistakes do creep in, something which we apologise for.

Hope that helps

• Like 8