British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2013

Lynn were ordered to buy Schlein by the BSPA, were they not? As to Morris, who was a Glasgow asset, presumably Swindon saw sufficient medium to long-term value in him as a promising teenager to want him in their ranks. Obviously there's an element of gamble there, with the current assets debate. But really you need to be asking Swindon about their decision.

Well that the story Lynn circulated but its not the version I was told.

As is often the case

• Like 1

I must be being dim (again) but even allowing for an 8% reduction for Kozza, I make the Stars team add up to over 42.5. Where am I going wrong?!!

At the supporters meeting, I'm sure a 10% reduction was mentioned, not 8%.

Even NKI?! After years of insisting he was nothing more than a 7/8 pointer? :D

What did Iversen average in all them seasons? Oh yes, he never once managed 8 :D If Puk scores like he did last year his average will go up thanks tot he magic of rolling averages.

It will be interesting to see the fixture schedule for the coming year. Because of the travelling I would like the 2nd group of matches it to be, Peterborough; Coventry; Birmingham; Lakeside and Wolves. Knowing our luck they'll be Poole, Swindon, Belle Vue and Eastbourne. But as long as we have Peterborough twice I except any teams. Just have to give the long hauls a miss.....

Just seen that the fixtures have been released on the EDP site, but where is the Swindon away meeting on April 4th? That appears to have changed, so are we not going to be on Sky on that day then? Or did I imagine that Sky had us down for an away fixture at Swindon on that date? Confused.com!

Stars ride v Swindon, Poole, Lakeside, Peterborough and Coventry 4 times, that looks tough to me.

Not great for travelling either.

Yeah , that sounds tough to me. Each of those clubs are capable of getting points at NA. let alone us picking up points away. Should be good fun though. If at the end of the year we do manage to achieve the playoffs, no-one will accuse us of being lucky. it will have been done the hard way.

Mads Korneliussen confirms his entry to the Great Indoors Meeting

Danish International and Kings Lynn Stars Speedway rider,Mads Korneliussen will take is Team place in the 8 rider Rest of World team on the 23rd feb 1pm at Arena uk,NR Grantham, Lincs.

This is first ever Shorttrack meeting Mads has ever raced and he will be up against tough competion including his fellow Elite league rider Edward Kennett who is part of the England Team.

Mads will also be in the evening meeting the International Shorttrack Arena Championship individual event at Arena UK,and will hoping to take this new title, Mads will also be joined by other star riders, Kevin Doolan,Damon Koppe,Edward Kennett,Ade Collins,Fabrizio Vesprini and many more.......also hoping to take home the silver ware.buy tickets online go to www.shorttrackuk.com or call ST office 01673878426

Peterborough and Coventry aren't too bad and nor is Lakeside, but Swindon and Poole are really what I'd call 'further afield' journeys myself. I don't think I'll be going to Lakeside to watch a league meeting anyway, put it that way ;)

• Like 1

Compared to last year it probably makes travelling a little easier ie an extra trip to Lakeside. I accept an extra trip to Poole is a long old trek midweek but the two away matches these have replaced are Belle Vue and Eastbourne, both a fair distance.

On track these changes appear to make the fixture list much tougher. I'd say both Lakeside & Poole will finish top 4 in 2013 so two extra matches against each compared to Eastbourne & Belle Vue are on paper at least much harder. Not that our team should have anything to fear this year as we look strong ourselves. Lakeside is seldom a happy hunting ground for Lynn sides so hopefully we can put that right, while Poole are always a big attraction so financially it makes sense to host them twice, particularly after last year's goings on which will add spice :D

Compared to last year it probably makes travelling a little easier ie an extra trip to Lakeside. I accept an extra trip to Poole is a long old trek midweek but the two away matches these have replaced are Belle Vue and Eastbourne, both a fair distance.

On track these changes appear to make the fixture list much tougher. I'd say both Lakeside & Poole will finish top 4 in 2013 so two extra matches against each compared to Eastbourne & Belle Vue are on paper at least much harder. Not that our team should have anything to fear this year as we look strong ourselves. Lakeside is seldom a happy hunting ground for Lynn sides so hopefully we can put that right, while Poole are always a big attraction so financially it makes sense to host them twice, particularly after last year's goings on which will add spice :D

Not sure we can add spice this year - his average might be reassessed??!! :P

I'm sure Uncle Matt would find a way ;)

Interesting to see that Lynn have forgone racenight seniority to Brum in September and ride the home match on the Friday....seems like when the kids are at school Buster is keen to run on a Friday where possible which makes good sense.

I'm sure Uncle Matt would find a way ;)

Interesting to see that Lynn have forgone racenight seniority to Brum in September and ride the home match on the Friday....seems like when the kids are at school Buster is keen to run on a Friday where possible which makes good sense.

You have planned EL fixtures in September??? Crikey!! :shock: