British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2013

whats so great about Kings Lynn one good ht leader two average ht leaders Stead didn't do a lot last year and two weak reserves IMO they are over hyped

never under estimate the Kings Lynn effect . As a Lynn fan I'm more than happy with this years team.

whats so great about Kings Lynn one good ht leader two average ht leaders Stead didn't do a lot last year and two weak reserves IMO they are over hyped

Nothing is GREAT about it. Its a GOOD team, that will be top half of the league imho, win the league, win the Play-offs ? Who knows. Thats what makes the sport so interesting. I think Most Lynn fans are happy with the 7 Buster has put together, as we most were with the team he put together in our first season back in The Elite league. Win, lose or draw, I am sure we will enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

This team has a good chance, as do some other teams. I'm sure you will be in, or close to the play offs. Alot depends on your reserves away form, but that applies to most teams. I doubt if NKI has any engines that are not up to scratch, no worries on that one.

Niels and Rory are good heat leaders,Klindt and Mads are good second strings/3rd heat leader,Alden is not a weak reserve,Kozza Smith will be fine at home and if Steady reproduces his play off form he could have an excellent season,don't see any weak links myself.

I have to agree that this is a solid side, but it also does have weak links. Inconsistency will be a problem i reckon. Exciting team to watch for sure, especially on the road, but prone to some home defeats. That said, top four alongside Birmingham, Poole and Swindon.

• Like 1

Yeah.. I'm more then happy with the team that Lynn have this term. But unlike a lot of opinion on here, I see a close and competitive season with nearly all the teams having a shout in the proceedings. Looking at the assembled squads, there should be some great matches for the Sky cameras, and hopefully the prediction of results will be something of the past. They use to say happiness was 40-38, that was because most matches were close and evenly fought. Hopefully 2013 will go back to them good times and the supporters will start flooding back.. We can but hope.....

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 3

Yeah.. I'm more then happy with the team that Lynn have this term. But unlike a lot of opinion on here, I see a close and competitive season with nearly all the teams having a shout in the proceedings. Looking at the assembled squads, there should be some great matches for the Sky cameras, and hopefully the prediction of results will be something of the past. They use to say happiness was 40-38, that was because most matches were close and evenly fought. Hopefully 2013 will go back to them good times and the supporters will start flooding back.. We can but hope.....

Like the positivity GRW123 :t:

I agree with this. There isnt a lot between all the teams named and certainly weaknesses in each team, its going to be very tight. I would say that KL look more solid than most.

Edited by woz01

I've got this Lynn team as nailed on top of the league at the moment. I can see every rider upping their average, I just don't see a weakness.

Even NKI?! After years of insisting he was nothing more than a 7/8 pointer? :D

I've got this Lynn team as nailed on top of the league at the moment. I can see every rider upping their average, I just don't see a weakness.

I do see weaknesses in thiss team. Itt's called injuries. we'vee been hurt so many times when it comes to chances of winning the EL / top league. I believe this is the best side outt of all others so far but I also expect us to finish outside the top 4. It's just what us Stars fans who's been around long enough expect, failier but massive amounts of hope.

We are the biggest club in speedway history to never win the top league.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I don't see it that way. Sure we have a good side, with some top riders. but so has other teams as well. I believe we are capable of going away to most tracks , performing well and getting some reward. But also we can be beaten at home as well. Teams come to the NA and perform above themselves because they know the track allows them to race. I would love to see us lift that glittering trophy at the end of the coming season, but we have been close before so I won't be counting any chickens just yet.......

I think it's more the potential. NKI has stepped up a notch over the last couple of seasons, so you have a reliable and solid scorer at the top end. The genial Korneliussen has added some consistency to his game and Klindt/Stead are both capable of upping their scores. But, equally, there are question marks of form/fitness over one or two of the line-up and that, in part, is what makes it such a fascinating line-up -- you're never quite sure what you are going to get. Should be an exciting team to watch, though, and one that could really kick on if it gets a bit of momentum going. When I try to work out who will finish where, I invariably bump Lynn up two places to reflect Rob Lyon's management and then drop them two back for the fair and excellent track.

if u owned peterborough speedway and had upwards of 60000 pounds of talent that had no interest in riding for you wouldnt u try and recoup the money for them as i know i would.

I take your point, but perhaps a more pertinent question would be why "£60,000 of talent" apparently has no interest in riding for the club.