British Speedway Forum

Krzysztof Kasprzak Possible Testimonial?

Did I hear Kasperjack say that he was due a testimonial in the UK during his GP interview?

If so... he is joking isn't he?

The way he's treated British Speedway over the years is diabolical!

Surely the "powers that be" won't allow this

• Like 2

Heard he could be having one at poole in march as bspa are meant to be awarding him one for contribution to british speedway lol

Please can somebody tell me what great contribution he has made (other than for coventry in 2010)

He has let down endless clubs and caught with illigal bike abroad.

Its riders like lindgren who should be recognised.

Its a joke when you think somebody like harris hasnt had one yet after 15 years in british speedway. Spent 8 years with same british club, rode in gp and captained teamGB in world cup. Always guests for other clubs when asked. Won several trophies.

• Like 5

Bleedin farce if you ask me. 10 years of messing people about if you ask me

No overseas rider should get a Testimonial over here FULL STOP in my opinion

The last British rider to get a testimonial for services to Polish/Swedish/Danish/Australia/US Speedway was ????????

No-one I suspect

• Like 1

No overseas rider should get a Testimonial over here FULL STOP in my opinion

Disagree with you there. I agree KK getting one would be a farce, but some riders are certainly deserving.

eg. Freddie Lindgren has given tremendous service to Wolves over the last 9 years and I would certainly attend if he was granted a testimonial next year. He has constantly given his all for Wolves and stayed loyal even when he could and perhaps should have given up riding in Britain to concentrate on the GP's.

Peter Karlsson was equally deserving as well.

The reason Brits rarely get testimonials abroad is, IMO, because they rarely stay with the same side. Foreign riders only usually get testimonials when they have stayed loyal to a team for a long period.

• Like 1

Did I hear Kasperjack say that he was due a testimonial in the UK during his GP interview?

If so... he is joking isn't he?

The way he's treated British Speedway over the years is diabolical!

Surely the "powers that be" won't allow this

Best thing is for KK to be given a testimonial and for the fans not to turn up. Let him have a taste of what its like on the receiving end when people don't turn up.. I can't imagine which riders will ride for nothing for him. Nobody likes him.

• Like 6

Disagree with you there. I agree KK getting one would be a farce, but some riders are certainly deserving.

eg. Freddie Lindgren has given tremendous service to Wolves over the last 9 years and I would certainly attend if he was granted a testimonial next year. He has constantly given his all for Wolves and stayed loyal even when he could and perhaps should have given up riding in Britain to concentrate on the GP's.

Peter Karlsson was equally deserving as well.

The reason Brits rarely get testimonials abroad is, IMO, because they rarely stay with the same side. Foreign riders only usually get testimonials when they have stayed loyal to a team for a long period.

Ok I guess I can't argue with the two examples there. I get annoyed that riders who move around clubs get testimonials. I guess I would support a testimonial for a rider who rides with the same team for 10 years, not is owned by the same promotion for 10 years or has just ridden here for 10 years (when it suits him in the e of Kasprzak

Some of the mercenaries who get testimonials make me angry

Don't forget when using your Polish example that in the UK you seem to qualify for a testimonial for the hardship which is bleeding money out of British Speedway for 10 years, not for riding for the same club

In the last 10 year how many riders have had testimonials and actually deserved them? Just about none. Which is impressive as there must be 5 or 6 testimonials a season.

edit > Mathew Weathers, he actually did 10 years at Edinburgh.

Edited by SCB

In the last 10 year how many riders have had testimonials and actually deserved them? Just about none. Which is impressive as there must be 5 or 6 testimonials a season.

edit > Mathew Weathers, he actually did 10 years at Edinburgh.

Leigh Adams and Jan Staechman are two that I have been to in the last 10 years, they both gave a lot to their respective clubs.

• Like 1

I think Hans Andersen deserves one as he is committed to riding in the uk has struggled to ride when injured. He may be missing from swindon tonight but if you saw the agony he was in last night with the arm he re-injured you would know why. Sure he would get a good turnout

sorry but KK it is a joke maybe on the day of his testimonial his bad back may be back again as it comes and goes.

• Like 3

Just goes to show that testimonial meetings are been given willy nilly.

Not sure but I think that Promoters have to apply for the BSPA on the riders behalf, and they sanction these meetings.

Reading between the lines sounds to me that maybe Matt Ford has used the meetings as a deal clincher to get KK over to ride for the Pirates this season.

For me it is completely wrong like people say and looking at my own club Ricky Ashworth gave Sheffield 10 years unbroken service.

Think chris harris is most deserving after all his years in british speedway, gps, world cups, british finals. Next year will (hopefully) be his 9th year with same club. Hes always willing to guest at short notice for other teams.

Coventry fans would give him testimonial for his 2010 play off efforts alone.

Also has PK ever had one after all the years he has contributed to british speedway?

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

Home grown riders should qualify for testimonials, Foreign riders over a certain amount of years service (say 10 complete seasons) to the uk granted a farewell meeting.

It should be 10 years at one club without asking for a move. I would allow a second club provided it's on loan for a season. All this riders riding for 5 or 6 clubs and still getting a testimonial is madness - did Simon Stead have all his ex-clubs logos on his testimonial race jacket? I doubt it, he probably struggled to fit them all on, as will KK.

So who has had a testimonial over the last 15-20 years of so? Agree that KK shouldn't get one and that riders like Parker and Lyons should have a farewell meeting. But riders moving from one team to another is wrong, Then again could be argued its the averages that mean that this happens.....

Ps

Went to Chris Louis' testimonial a while back and also to Billy Hamill's at Coventry. both great servants to British speedway.

• Like 1