British Speedway Forum

Cardiff Replay

Sky really are starting to take the piss with their GP replays. I know they can't control the weather & rain offs, but surely they could have some sort of magazine programme they could show in these instances rather than replaying a meeting many British speedway fans were at only 2 days ago! Those who weren't there would have also probably watched it live or caught one of the replays already shown.

Really am re-considering my sky sports subscription for 2013.

Sky really are starting to take the piss with their GP replays. I know they can't control the weather & rain offs, but surely they could have some sort of magazine programme they could show in these instances rather than replaying a meeting many British speedway fans were at only 2 days ago! Those who weren't there would have also probably watched it live or caught one of the replays already shown.

Why do they show reruns of GPs when it is an Elite League broadcast?? Surely they could show a play off final or something (but not 2010 please......hahaha) why GPs all the time??

Check out any of their other rain-affected coverage, only then do you see just how little Sky care about speedway.

Particularly one day cricket, dig out a couple of relevant archive matches, and some sensible conversation And they can fill hours of airtime

Though I find it annoying when they show repeat after repeat, there is little oportunity to provide a magazine type show. I know Nigel and (whichever) co-host present a review type show for the SGP global market, but I don't think SKY have purchased that package.

SUCCINCT as ever ... see you have been posting across the board today. Come out of hibernation?

Well still don't see the point of showing the replay of something that was watched live two days prior! Much better to have a pool of several of the best ever league meetings from previous seasons ready to be shown as replays during rain off's. To be honest I am so bored with the 2012 Elite League I would rather watch replays from 5 or 6 seasons ago!

As for the 'live' announcement for the 2013 Cardiff date, hardly a big deal worth tuning in for.

• Like 1

Well still don't see the point of showing the replay of something that was watched live two days prior! Much better to have a pool of several of the best ever league meetings from previous seasons ready to be shown as replays during rain off's. To be honest I am so bored with the 2012 Elite League I would rather watch replays from 5 or 6 seasons ago!

As for the 'live' announcement for the 2013 Cardiff date, hardly a big deal worth tuning in for.

Fully agree would far rather see an old meeting. They could actually show some of the old meetings through the winter on a monday night.