British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

I would not pay 10 for Hans no way i would rather have say a Zagar pay the wage and then regroup the next year.Why would you pay a fee? madness saying that if Hans stays i would be has chuffed as anyone.

but then you have to pay a 4k loan fee for zagar this season and he's still not a asset,i haven't read anywhere where zagar has any interest of riding in the elite so you could be fighting a losing battle any way

The bspa have ruled hans can go out on loan to swindon anyway so he's not the issue

Edited by hans fan

Not in stevebrum's world.

I see all sides of the argument, so you can take off those blinkers yourself.

Any club that stops an asset from moving where he wants and preventing him from signing a contract with another club is plain wrong.

If you had asked me if i believed Swindon were right in 2009 you might have had your answer, but as usual you claim to know what others think.

Edited by stevebrum

Essaitch, probably something Swindon would like to gloss over!

On a more serious note the winter squabbles and self interest are damaging the sport - the sooner we have an independent body to run speedway the better.

And let's be clear here that's the root of this problem and because it wasn't fixed at the time we still have anarchy.

Peterborough and Coventry requested 2 years for an independent body to be set up to run this sport and what exactly did the BSPA do, absolutely nothing they have sat on their backsides clearly hoping this problem would go away and this winter has clearly shown the error of that decision.

Harkess has shown (if any proof was needed) that he just isn't up to the job of chairman and is incapable of making decisions for the good of the sport, until the basic problem of who runs this sport is decided properly or put into the hands of an independant body it will lurch from one disaster to another and if and when sky decide they don't wont to be associated with this utter shambles will probably make the decion for them.

• Like 8

And let's be clear here that's the root of this problem and because it wasn't fixed at the time we still have anarchy.

Peterborough and Coventry requested 2 years for an independent body to be set up to run this sport and what exactly did the BSPA do, absolutely nothing they have sat on their backsides clearly hoping this problem would go away and this winter has clearly shown the error of that decision.

Harkess has shown (if any proof was needed) that he just isn't up to the job of chairman and is incapable of making decisions for the good of the sport, until the basic problem of who runs this sport is decided properly or put into the hands of an independant body it will lurch from one disaster to another and if and when sky decide they don't wont to be associated with this utter shambles will probably make the decion for them.

I doubt we'll ever see the day when there's an independent body. Those with their heads in the sand can't see what's happening, the smart ones will get out (if they can) and many of those in for the journey but looking after their own interests will fail. Speedway will then be a part-time/ametuer sport in the UK and there won't be a need for an independent body. Question: Could BSI run the sport on an independent basis - would they be any good?

I see all sides of the argument, so you can take off those blinkers yourself.

Any club that stops an asset from moving where he wants and preventing him from signing a contract with another club is plain wrong.

If you had asked me if i believed Swindon were right in 2009 you might have had your answer, but as usual you claim to know what others think.

I've already said that there's their side, our side and reality down the middle and I support my club whilst not butting in on other people's squabbles with my "opinion" which I'm entitled too apparently.

I thought Julie explained our position today, you must have missed it http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/panthers-are-after-answers-over-andersen-ruling-1-4725183

I've already said that there's their side, our side and reality down the middle and I support my club whilst not butting in on other people's squabbles with my "opinion" which I'm entitled too apparently.

I thought Julie explained our position today, you must have missed it http://www.peterboro...uling-1-4725183

All opinions are valid, you don't have to support Peterborough to have one.

All opinions are valid, you don't have to support Peterborough to have one.

True! But if one was all some people had instead of an opinion about numerous issues, umpteen times.

And Peterborouh's position is. not necessarily the thr right and just one.

But it just as well could be couldn't it :rolleyes:

Edited by Crump99

The panthers policy of going with seven full time elite riders is looking a very wise move. Some teams will be using guest's from the off, which is far from ideal. The change in policy on d/up riders seems to be another change from the powers that be, which has not been thought thru at all. Yet another own goal from the bspa clowns.

Thats a matter of opinion isnt it!

Indeed but it just balances it up with you stirring your big wooden spoon as per usual from your perceived anti-Panthers position. That's unless your post is based on some fact's you'd like to share?

The panthers policy of going with seven full time elite riders is looking a very wise move. Some teams will be using guest's from the off, which is far from ideal. The change in policy on d/up riders seems to be another change from the powers that be, which has not been thought thru at all. Yet another own goal from the bspa clowns.

Always has been the way to go if possible and full credit to them for making it happen in 2013, hopefully it pays dividends.

• Like 1

Always has been the way to go if possible and full credit to them for making it happen in 2013, hopefully it pays dividends.

they seem to have got the basics right this season ,if hougaard/last rider is up to scratch

touchwood injuries won't cripple them this coming season ,with a bit of luck they should be there or there abouts

they seem to have got the basics right this season ,if hougaard/last rider is up to scratch

touchwood injuries won't cripple them this coming season ,with a bit of luck they should be there or there abouts

I agree and if it does start to go pear shaped then I don't think we'll sit about and wait for it to come right which is another Panthers failing of the recent past. So no pressure lads, you just need to hit the ground running and keep running (apart from the odd breather) until October!

• Like 1

Agree with that as long as North has enough racing to stay sharp. Will he be riding in any other countries?