British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

As PBoro have now declared their 1-7 without Troy, my understanding (apologies if I'm wrong) is that under BSPA rules Troy can now go out on loan. As it appears he would like to go to Swindon and Swindon seem happy to have him, then surely that is the sensible solution.

Should this not be case currently, then surely Swindon and Troy can appeal to the BSPA in the first instance, whereby the loan under BSPA rules should be ratified. If this is unsuccessful, then perhaps a legal challenge would ensure the sensible resolution, however there may be ramifications for those with vested asset interests that they may not wish to comtemplate.

I would add that it matters not what the situation regarding Troy was prior to PBoro's team declaration as that is all supposition, from whatever viewpoint you come from.

• Like 2

As PBoro have now declared their 1-7 without Troy, my understanding (apologies if I'm wrong) is that under BSPA rules Troy can now go out on loan. As it appears he would like to go to Swindon and Swindon seem happy to have him, then surely that is the sensible solution.

Should this not be case currently, then surely Swindon and Troy can appeal to the BSPA in the first instance, whereby the loan under BSPA rules should be ratified. If this is unsuccessful, then perhaps a legal challenge would ensure the sensible resolution, however there may be ramifications for those with vested asset interests that they may not wish to comtemplate.

I would add that it matters not what the situation regarding Troy was prior to PBoro's team declaration as that is all supposition, from whatever viewpoint you come from.

The BSPA have already ruled on Troy, he is available on a full transfer. Hans is cleared to go on loan.

The BSPA have already ruled on Troy, he is available on a full transfer. Hans is cleared to go on loan.

So lets be clear on this.... Panthers haven't got a team place for him but will stop him going on loan? Unbelievable.

I could understand the ruling if Panthers had or are intending to use him.

• Like 2

So lets be clear on this.... Panthers haven't got a team place for him but will stop him going on loan? Unbelievable.

You mean that you could understand this ruling if you had the full facts but like the rest of us you don't. Plenty of history with Swindon, Panthers and Batchelor.

Edited by Crump99

Not much of a Panthers fan are you. I support whoever wears our kevlars even though some of them I didn't want in the side. You will not be missed.

Excuse me son, Ive been to every home meeting from '96-07 and have sponsored 13 riders in that time.

I just dont see why I should pay good money to watch a self centred gating tart?

If thats what you want to do thats fine, and yeh your right Im not a supporter while he is there?

Think http://www.swindonro...p?extend.1026.1 may have something to do with it?

And not forgetting http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/frost-blasts-robins-for-illegal-approach-1-3313039

There's more to this IMO than what's going on now?

Essaitch, probably something Swindon would like to gloss over!

On a more serious note the winter squabbles and self interest are damaging the sport - the sooner we have an independent body to run speedway the better.

• Like 4

But only worth £6000 pounds, he must be pleased that Swindon value him so highly.

Compare that weak offer to Panthers:

"PANTHERS smashed the world speedway transfer record today to capture Danish star Hans Andersen.Owner Colin Horton had no hesitation in breaking the bank to land the explosive city-based racer from his parent club Poole for £50,000" (Nov 2005)

Can't we get you on Mastermind, Sybil?

A lot happens in 8 years! Can't imagine anyone paying £50k for a rider nowadays. I would have thought £10k was fair considering his age but I don't believe in the asset system so "free" works for me :approve:

If Hougaard is to be the last piece of the jigsaw then the delay could be due the fee negoiation.

Given Belle Vues limited asset base and his potential to improve his average it would be a major surprise if they had not madr him an offer.

If they have then surely a full transfer is the only option. ??

A lot happens in 8 years! Can't imagine anyone paying £50k for a rider nowadays. I would have thought £10k was fair considering his age but I don't believe in the asset system so "free" works for me :approve:

I doubt that Horton paid 50k anyway but it sounds good doesn't it! Gollob and Hancock are both over 40 and not riding in a watered down EL so Andersen could easily have 7 or 8 years left so age isn't really a factor. If Swindon put a 10k bid on the table (and leave it) it'd be interesting to see what would happen? Panthers might just take it?

If Hougaard is to be the last piece of the jigsaw then the delay could be due the fee negoiation.

Given Belle Vues limited asset base and his potential to improve his average it would be a major surprise if they had not madr him an offer.

If they have then surely a full transfer is the only option. ??

or we could negotiate that they can use one of our assets?

I doubt that Horton paid 50k anyway but it sounds good doesn't it! Gollob and Hancock are both over 40 and not riding in a watered down EL so Andersen could easily have 7 or 8 years left so age isn't really a factor. If Swindon put a 10k bid on the table (and leave it) it'd be interesting to see what would happen? Panthers might just take it?

But BV now are in a stronger position.

Boro cant offer a team place to the riders BV may want ao they have to be offered on loan.

BV can offer Hougaard a place so can insist on a transfer.

That would be a rather petty approach for a promotion to take but it wouldnt be the first time would it!!?

Boro cant offer a team place to the riders BV may want ao they have to be offered on loan.

That would be a rather petty approach for a promotion to take but it wouldnt be the first time would it!!?

difference is the panthers promotion would buy him at a sensible rate

Don't think it matters really. If Panthers had no assets and waited for all sides to name their teams before formulating their own 1-7 there'd be someone after their pound of flesh, we've got used to it during the last 10 years!

Edited by Crump99

I would not pay 10 for Hans no way i would rather have say a Zagar pay the wage and then regroup the next year.Why would you pay a fee? madness saying that if Hans stays i would be has chuffed as anyone.
  • Like 1

difference is the panthers promotion would buy him at a sensible rate

3 tonne of bricks should be about right .

You mean that you could understand this ruling if you had the full facts but like the rest of us you don't. Plenty of history with Swindon, Panthers and Batchelor.

We never know facts about anything that come from BSPA and/or club promotions so nothing new there. Obviously there are issues going on here.

The facts we do know is that a rider is not being allowed to sign for another club, despite the parent club having no room for him.

Well it seems clear the Panthers promotion will use any means to get things on there own terms, even if it is at the detriment of the rider in question.

We never know facts about anything that come from BSPA and/or club promotions so nothing new there. Obviously there are issues going on here.

The facts we do know is that a rider is not being allowed to sign for another club, despite the parent club having no room for him.

Well it seems clear the Panthers promotion will use any means to get things on there own terms, even if it is at the detriment of the rider in question.

The same could be said for Swindon surely?