British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

I'll take Han's excitement on & off the track if he does what he did last season.

Have a look at his ride vs. Darcy & Chris in Heat 15 at Swindon last season & tell me you still feel the same?.

A top captain as well.

i will give andersen 1 big huge + over bjerre

when a rider has to adapt to tricky conditions andersen is far superior to bjerre. i'd always pick bjerre over hans because he's a far superior rider round the showground these days.

• Like 1

whats exciting about andersen on track these days ???

Have to agree. Like most Panthers fans I'd have chosen Andersen over Bjerre last season but was actually very disappointed when I saw him on track, but then again we are used to the storming 2006 GP star and not the 2012 cut down version the bobbins watched. Andersen is a good captain and team man but on it's own that's no use, just look at Panthers 2008. Bjerre is the better rider and will finish on the higher average. I think Staechmann can do for team spirit what Andersen brings - time will tell!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

Have to agree. Like most Panthers fans I'd have chosen Andersen over Bjerre last season but was actually very disappointed when I saw him on track, but then again we are used to the storming 2006 GP star and not the 2012 cut down version the bobbins watched. Andersen is a good captain and team man but on it's own that's no use, just look at Panthers 2008. Bjerre is the better rider and will finish on the higher average. I think Staechmann can do for team spirit what Andersen brings - time will tell!

Disagree with you guys. Andersen is brilliant to watch. He is aggressive where it matters most, looks for his team mates, and is a real team man. He rides all the Elite league tracks consistently well. I would have Hans before Bjerre anytime.

Kenneth is without doubt a talented rider, but i need convincing when it comes to him being firstly a team man, and secondly, when it really matters, he does seem to go missing. When on form he is real fast granted. I have however, never seen him team ride. Furthermore i have seen him 'bullied' on many occasions going into the first turn. Leigh Adams did this to him on many occasions at Blunsdon.

Bjerre to finish on a higher average than Andersen? No way. I have already got a wager with Fourentee on Eastbourne going unbeaten at home this season, anyone up for a bet (proceeds to the Ben fund) that Hans finishes on a higher average than Kenneth?

• Like 2

Disagree with you guys. Andersen is brilliant to watch. He is aggressive where it matters most, looks for his team mates, and is a real team man. He rides all the Elite league tracks consistently well. I would have Hans before Bjerre anytime.

Kenneth is without doubt a talented rider, but i need convincing when it comes to him being firstly a team man, and secondly, when it really matters, he does seem to go missing. When on form he is real fast granted. I have however, never seen him team ride. Furthermore i have seen him 'bullied' on many occasions going into the first turn. Leigh Adams did this to him on many occasions at Blunsdon.

Bjerre to finish on a higher average than Andersen? No way. I have already got a wager with Fourentee on Eastbourne going unbeaten at home this season, anyone up for a bet (proceeds to the Ben fund) that Hans finishes on a higher average than Kenneth?

Andersen was brilliant to watch at one point and if you think he’s aggressive now then you’d have needed oxygen in 2006. In those days he knew where he wanted to be on track and virtually always got there. These days he thinks about it but the moment has often either passed or he’s not quick enough. Most Panthers fans will agree about Andersen's team ethic but Staechmann can do that and Bjerre is faster and can match or surpass anything Andersen can do on track these days IMO. I agree that Bjerre needs to up his aggression and consistency but I think team riding is overrated anyway. Bjerre’s job is to win races, plain and simple and he’ll win more than Andersen.

Edited by Crump99

Bjerre signs up after getting thumbs up

Published on Friday 25 January 2013 08:16

Peterborough Panthers have this morning (January 25) confirmed the return of Danish star Kenneth Bjerre as number one and captain for the 2013 season,

Really, wow. That was the best kept secret of the season.

That's got to be the surprise signing of the close season.

It will be a big disappointment to Hans Andersen, Troy Batchelor and Neils Iversen who were all in the running for the place :blink:

The trio must be devastated to have missed out on a place.

i hope there promotion tries to get them team places this season.

• Like 3

Fair argument Crumpie. Must admit as far as aggression goes, its been many years since i have seen such aggression from a Swindon rider, especially coming off turn two.

In relation to team riding, Leigh Adams was simply brilliant at it. Not over rated in my book...the amount of points gained by this 'ancient art' by Adams over a season was remarkable. When you see it in the flesh week in week out, much as you saw the aggression from Andersen, you then realise what a bonus it is to the team. Since Adams has gone, nothing of the like has been seen. All very sad.

The cut down version AND good captain and team man that skippered Swindon to the Elite League Title....

The cut down version AND good captain and team man that skippered Swindon to the Elite League Title....

But only worth £6000 pounds, he must be pleased that Swindon value him so highly.

Compare that weak offer to Panthers:

"PANTHERS smashed the world speedway transfer record today to capture Danish star Hans Andersen.Owner Colin Horton had no hesitation in breaking the bank to land the explosive city-based racer from his parent club Poole for £50,000" (Nov 2005)

Can't we get you on Mastermind, Sybil?

Edited by Crump99