British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

Is this the final publication of speedway's worst kept secret coming later??

@kenneth_bjerre: Good news to come later today. Happy days.

I for one hope so then maybe everyone can get on with talking about speedway rather than who's right or wrong in this whole debacle!

so the news is he's been given the all clear/fit to ride,would have been a bit silly panthers signing him and him not being fit
  • Like 2

so the news is he's been given the all clear/fit to ride,would have been a bit silly panthers signing him and him not being fit

We knew that well before Christmas when he signed for his Polish club :rolleyes:

Some Panthers fans will try anything to make their promotions daft stance of not announcing Bjerre because he might not be fit as a feasible point.

• Like 2

Some Panthers fans will try anything to make their promotions daft stance of not announcing Bjerre because he might not be fit as a feasible point.

Dont you just love these guys that are so concerned about P'boro naming their number one. Why is it anyone else's business ? Lots of big noses being stuck where they dont belong. Why on earth should they announce KJB before the doctors have passed him fit to ride. More clowns on here than in a circus :icon_smile_clown:
  • Like 3

Dont you just love these guys that are so concerned about P'boro naming their number one. Why is it anyone else's business ? Lots of big noses being stuck where they dont belong. Why on earth should they announce KJB before the doctors have passed him fit to ride. More clowns on here than in a circus :icon_smile_clown:

Looking in the mirror are you? :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

Some Panthers fans will try anything to make their promotions daft stance of not announcing Bjerre because he might not be fit as a feasible point

I Don' t know whether you . two are the chuckle brothers or are out of the comedy d and d d

what's daft about it anybody with half a brain won't sign a rider until he is 100% fit

mind you wolves sign riders who are fit there trouble is the're not very good

• Like 2

To be honest darling, I don't think many are concerned about PBoro's No 1 - indeed I'm very surprised that you are, being such an ardent Ipswich fan.

However, I do think that many with an interest in the well being of the sport are concerned that PBoro seem to be 'playing' with some of their other assets though !

As for your 'clowns' comment, surely you account for each and everyone of them..

• Like 1

To be honest darling, I don't think many are concerned about PBoro's No 1 - indeed I'm very surprised that you are, being such an ardent Ipswich fan.

However, I do think that many with an interest in the well being of the sport are concerned that PBoro seem to be 'playing' with some of their other assets though !

As for your 'clowns' comment, surely you account for each and everyone of them..

Im afraid 'darling', your post is innacurate right from the start. This ardent ipswich fan watches his speedway at P'boro, so try again later when you have sobered up...

It doesn't matter to me If you sign bjerre or not. We all know you will, and you know you will. But then you have to live with the fact your promotion are happy to mess about there assets.

Like i say, most other teams going about there team building quietly and sensibly and just one thinking they can hold there assets to ransom.

You are correct tho, it is no one else`s business that your promotion are making Peterborough into a bit of a laughing stock with other teams supporters.

But then you are used to being a laughing stock with the infamous multi poster as a supporter asset. :t:

I Don' t know whether you . two are the chuckle brothers or are out of the comedy d and d d

what's daft about it anybody with half a brain won't sign a rider until he is 100% fit

mind you wolves sign riders who are fit there trouble is the're not very good

You would know about riders not being very good, you only had to look at Bjerre last season - and of course his one point play offs contributions over the recent years. :t:

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 2

It doesn't matter to me If you sign bjerre or not. We all know you will, and you know you will. But then you have to live with the fact your promotion are happy to mess about there assets.

Like i say, most other teams going about there team building quietly and sensibly and just one thinking they can hold there assets to ransom.

You are correct tho, it is no one else`s business that your promotion are making Peterborough into a bit of a laughing stock with other teams supporters.

But then you are used to being a laughing stock with the infamous multi poster as a supporter asset. :t:

You would know about riders not being very good, you only had to look at Bjerre last season - and of course his one point play offs contributions over the recent years. :t:

lol! you werent saying that not long ago talk about u turns!

And finally Kenny Bjerre is confirmed for Panthers - BSPA site and ET website both have items. Only one team place left now - who can it be?

Whoever it is, the team looks nice and solid this year, and not having D/UP riders is a wise move. Hougaard is rumoured to be the final piece in the jigsaw, but we will know soon according to the local rag.

And finally Kenny Bjerre is confirmed for Panthers - BSPA site and ET website both have items. Only one team place left now - who can it be?

Bjerre signs up after getting thumbs up

Published on Friday 25 January 2013 08:16

Peterborough Panthers have this morning (January 25) confirmed the return of Danish star Kenneth Bjerre as number one and captain for the 2013 season,

The deal has been struck the day after Bjerre received the all-clear from doctors after suffering a double-break of his right leg last August.

Bjerre has been odds-on favourite throughout the winter to spearhead a new-look city team featuring fellow club assets Linus Sundstrom, Norbert Kosciuch and Dakota North, and winter loan recruits Kenni Larsen and Ryan Fisher.

And team boss Jan Staechmann is backing Bjerre to erase the memory of a torrid 2012 season in which he suffered a catalogue of mechanical problems before his campaign was prematurely ended by that bad injury.

Staechmann said: “We were delighted to receive a call from Kenneth yesterday to tell us that he will be fit and ready for the start of the season.

“We have wasted no time in doing a deal with him to resume his racing career at Peterborough.

“After all the speculation over the winter I am over the moon to have Kenneth in the team and I have no doubt he will be out to prove a few people wrong once the tapes go up in March.

“By his own high standards Kenneth had a year to forget in 2012 but he still managed to finished top of our averages.

“Form is temporary and class is permanent - and Kenneth has class written all over him.”

Bjerre is the fastest rider in Peterborough Speedway history and will be returning for a seventh season in Panthers’ colours.

He first arrived in a doubling-up role back in 2003 before returning on a full transfer from Belle Vue in 2007.

He has ridden for the club every year since then except in 2011 when he was on loan at King’s Lynn.

Panthers now have just one remaining piece of their 2013 jigsaw to slot into place and they are understood to be close to sealing their final capture.

They have 5,64 of their 42.50 total for team building still available.

Panthers so far:

Kenneth Bjerre (8.18 av)

Linus Sundstrom (7.87)

Kenni Larsen (6.57)

Norbert Kosciuch (5.50)

Ryan Fisher (5.27)

Dakota North (3.47)

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/bjerre-signs-up-after-getting-thumbs-up-1-4718810

Derby double will kick things off for Panthers

Published on Friday 25 January 2013 08:54

Peterborough Panthers have released their fixture list for the 2013 speedway season.

The city club will kick off their Elite League challenge with a Good Friday double-date against arch-rivals King’s Lynn.

The teams will do battle at the East of England Showground at 2pm before renewing rivalries along the A47 at night.

And Panthers will no doubt be hoping for a repeat of last season’s curtain-raisers against Lynn when they completed home and away triumphs.

Panthers will face Lynn, reigning champions Swindon, Coventry, Belle Vue and Eastbourne home and away twice.

They meet Lakeside, Poole, Birmingham and Wolverhampton just once home and away.

As expected, the majority of Panthers’ home meetings at Alwalton will be staged on the traditional Friday racenight.

Panthers are still working on a season-opening Challenge fixture.

The Elite League play-offs will again run over four Mondays from September 23 to October 14.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/derby-double-will-kick-things-off-for-panthers-1-4719953

Good news.

Swindon have once again asked for permission to talk to Andersen and Batchelor.

My understanding is that they no longer have a right to refuse this.

In unrelated news (!!!), Peterborough have cancelled their pre-season meeting with Swindon. Swindon have subsequently cancelled the return fixture.

Its obvious it was nothing to do with Bjerre's fitness,Holder signed ages ago and he wasn't fit at the time,they have just used Bjerre's fitness as a tool so they could stall on releasing Hans and Batchelor,although apparently Hans was released in December which is strange as Swindon seen to know that.

It looks like Hans was released, but only to talk to Coventry, Swindon appear to have been denied permission?

As I say 'appear' it all appears to be silly buggers this winter, not good for the sport!

• Like 1