British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

Perhaps he has decided you cant beat 'em so you might as well join 'em!!

Wish he would make up his mind then!

Bangs on about other clubs wanting his assets and they must pay but is happy to take 2 riders on loan with no fuss.

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

• Like 1

It is clear frost wants the rules to only favour his team, now who was it banging on about fairness for all a couple of seasons ago? :rolleyes:

As we have come to expect from the Panthers promotion - say one thing but do another.

I really hope the mess that they have created gets sorted soon and the innocents in all this - the riders - can get on with trying to do their job, someything that Frost, it appears, is trying to prevent.

is it fair panthers have been made to buy riders in the past, now other clubs who have no no1s vote that panthers can't use them

i keep hearing bleating about restraint of trade

if sullivan wants to ride for panthers (rumours suggested he did in 2013) the top 20 rule as they are don't allow it does he sue for restraint of trade

• Like 1

Wish he would make up his mind then!

Bangs on about other clubs wanting his assets and they must pay but is happy to take 2 riders on loan with no fuss.

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

He has allowed other Panthers assets to go out on loan - one to Swindon even - so there's no hypocrisy there at all. It's three particular riders, all with their own differing circumstances, that he wants full transfers for.

• Like 1

But these are the rules that ALL promoters aware of and should adhere to on all occasions and not just when it suits their own agenda's. I don't recall Kings Lynn or Speedway Star berating the asset system when Ward & Batchelor were sold for large sums of money.

:rofl:

the thing is phil & co have opinions,they put there views across on here and the other1 on twitter, they have voices in places where they could put in official print to the masses,why don't they do it, thats what journalists do don't they, if it's illegal then print it with the reason why it's illegal ??? Edited by hans fan

HAVE been banging the drum about 'out of contract' riders in and out of print, including Speedway Star, for many years.

Your comment about Ryan Sullivan and restraint of trade is not the same thing at all. You cannot force a club to employ a rider they don't want. No more than a journalist could force Speedway Star to employ them if we didn't want to. But, conversely, Speedway Star couldn't prevent a journalist with whom we didn't have a contract for writing for anyone of his choice.

• Like 2

is it fair panthers have been made to buy riders in the past, now other clubs who have no no1s vote that panthers can't use them

if sullivan wants to ride for panthers (rumours suggested he did in 2013) the top 20 rule as they are don't allow it does he sue for restraint of trade

every club has bought riders in the past or now. how about clubs that have bought assets for them to stop rideing in the uk or retire. you can go round and round with this. frost is just hassle. bought a pup, we all knew this and he dont like it :D should of looked at it more closely before buying as been bad there for years. with a name like ready power thought be better in something like darts :P

Some clubs seem quite happy buying up all the talent, if they have the money i suppose they are entitled to do so (whether that is fair is a different matter).

However no one, not even the clubs with the large asset base, saw the recession biting for as long as it has and i am sure it is affecting ALL clubs and Speedway as a whole.

Now it seems that a couple of clubs are `demanding` transfer fees for their assets which in my mind is ludicrous.

Those clubs must feel rather smug knowing that they could try and bankrupt a club in trying to buy a rider that wants to ride for that club all along.

I didn't particularly agree that Peterborough were made to buy Batchelor in the first place, so i guess its ok that 2 wrongs make a right??

Peterborough have `apparently` tried to seek fairness for all through their actions over the past few seasons, but their actions right now show nothing of the fairness they were seeking for all.

Hopefully the asset base system will be looked at seriously in any BSPA get togethers and AGM`s in the next 12-24 months.

There has to be a fairer way that seems to work well in Poland and Sweden.

• Like 1

every club has bought riders in the past or now. how about clubs that have bought assets for them to stop rideing in the uk or retire. you can go round and round with this. frost is just hassle. bought a pup, we all knew this and he dont like it :D should of looked at it more closely before buying as been bad there for years. with a name like ready power thought be better in something like darts :P

i agree with you in the main, but he's spent/lost a lot money he should be able to use his assets as he likes (they cost enough) in team building matters

Your comment about Ryan Sullivan and restraint of trade is not the same thing at all. You cannot force a club to employ a rider they don't want

the rules state panthers can't employ sullivan if bjerre and sundstrom are in the team

if sullivan wanted to ride and panthers wanted him, the rules /governers of the bspa don't allow it so is he being stopped from earning a living

what i'm trying to get at the sport is run by the bspa,promoters have to follow there decisions, if the bspa say batch can't go on loan he can't, if they say hans can go out on loan he can

most fans were dead against panthers/coventry stance the other year, if a independent panel had been set up would the sport be in the mess it's in every winter i doubt it

Edited by hans fan

Some clubs seem quite happy buying up all the talent, if they have the money i suppose they are entitled to do so (whether that is fair is a different matter).

However no one, not even the clubs with the large asset base, saw the recession biting for as long as it has and i am sure it is affecting ALL clubs and Speedway as a whole.

Now it seems that a couple of clubs are `demanding` transfer fees for their assets which in my mind is ludicrous.

Those clubs must feel rather smug knowing that they could try and bankrupt a club in trying to buy a rider that wants to ride for that club all along.

I didn't particularly agree that Peterborough were made to buy Batchelor in the first place, so i guess its ok that 2 wrongs make a right??

Peterborough have `apparently` tried to seek fairness for all through their actions over the past few seasons, but their actions right now show nothing of the fairness they were seeking for all.

Hopefully the asset base system will be looked at seriously in any BSPA get togethers and AGM`s in the next 12-24 months.

There has to be a fairer way that seems to work well in Poland and Sweden.

Bang on :wink: . Speedway in its current form and under the quite useless BSPA will never be fair for all partys as we have seen over the years. All with vested intrests of some sort or another and i am all right jack attitudes. Well the good days have gone and at this rate all clubs assets will be worthless as there is not going to be speedway in the UK in 10 years from now.

• Like 1

Bang on :wink: . Speedway in its current form and under the quite useless BSPA will never be fair for all partys as we have seen over the years. All with vested intrests of some sort or another and i am all right jack attitudes. Well the good days have gone and at this rate all clubs assets will be worthless as there is not going to be speedway in the UK in 10 years from now.

that is 1 post of yours i'll 100% agree with
  • Like 1

Ten years is a bit optimistic in my view more like 5

MY own view (and it is nothing more than that) is that the situation is different for individual riders and the actual tracks. They sign up to be members of an association (the BSPA) and to abide by its rules.

Yes but thats just it Phil the BSPA

1. Dont always abide by their own rules

2. Dont always abide by precedents set by them.

3. Are not consistent in the way they apply most things

And this forum often highlights those facts, probably why the BSPA and most of its members openly dislike it and continually run it down.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 8

I have to say, I completely agree with you.

• Like 1

Ten years is a bit optimistic in my view more like 5

i think your right but thought i would be generous :D

Yes but thats just it Phil the BSPA

1. Dont always abide by their own rules

2. Dont always abide by precedents set by them.

3. Are not consistent in the way they apply most things

And this forum often highlights those facts, probably why the BSPA and most of its members openly dislike it and continually run it down.

Well about time it was changed then and run by a decent association who would look after the sport, not what has been running it into the ground for years. However i do believe its to late for the UK.

• Like 1

So with Kenneth going to sign.

It leaves 5.64 for the last rider and their are the following options...

Peter Ljung - 5.60

Dennis Andersson - 5.43

Tomas H Jonasson - 5.30

Jurica Pavlic - 5.11

Patrick Hougaard - 4.98

In order of preference:

1. Tomas H Jonasson

2. Peter Ljung

3. Patrick Hougaard

4. Jurica Pavlic

5. Dennis Andersson.