British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

I think exit strategy is exactly right. However I really do not see how many on this board seem to think it is perfectly acceptable to have rules that apply to some and not to others.

Old habits die hard, speedway rules in the UK have never been consistently applied this is just another example of that. Fans have come to expect this type of behaviour sadly.

• Like 1

Just thought I would throw this is from the Bournemouth Echo dated 15/11/12.

Meanwhile, Ford also revealed that Poole asset Jason Doyle was under consideration.

The Australian lifted his average from 5.28 to 6.50 as he helped Swindon to Elite League glory last term.

Doyle has already stated he would be keen to stay at Blunsdon in 2013 but Ford insisted: “Jason Doyle is very much an option. He had a great year and he did exactly what we always knew he could do.”

Ford added: “I don’t care if I don’t disclose the final team member until March 1, I really am in no hurry this year.

“It will have to be contracts that are beneficial to the club and if that means us taking our time in our assets, other clubs are just going to have to be understanding that our riders won’t be released until that point.”

Good spot :approve:

Lets go back 3 years to the winter of 2009/10, when the boot was on the other foot. Swindon gave permission for Lakeside to talk to Lee Richardson and later withdrew it, although they never named Rico in their own line-up. The result was that Rico started the 2010 season without an EL team place, and only got into Lakeside after Kasprzak was sacked two months into the season.

A bit of Karma going on with Swindon maybe ? Maybe not an exact parallel but Swindon are not whiter than white in all this.

Not really as Rico never wanted ride for Lakeside and jumped at the chance of being at Swindon ...why have come under this new name rather than Custer Moose ? hardly was going to fool anyone .

Only in UK speedway could you have the chairman of the organisation that is due to adjudicate making a public statement in favour of one party prior to the hearing. Regardless of the merit of his opinion, going public prior to the hearing does not appear the brightest of moves.

Thats because it really is that obvious. There can only be one outcome. Peterborough just need to face up to it.

It's quite amusing watching the Robins fans etc frothing at the mouth. Calm down dear and have patience it'll all turn out as it was at the beginning.

I'm very happy to see you are listening to my advice to you. ;)
  • Like 1

Thats because it really is that obvious. There can only be one outcome. Peterborough just need to face up to it.

I'm very happy to see you are listening to my advice to you. ;)

You predicted the outcome which many expected before it all kicked off. What I say will make no difference and we should put up with the diatribe eminating from the Swindon intelligencia - excellent advice indeed, do I have to pay the full fee or can I pay a year long loan fee as I'll no doubt be needing it again same time next year.

As you're the font of all knowledge can you clarify when we have to name our side? I was interested in this post which suggests you could be waiting 6 weeks unless the BSPA make up or have made up a new guideline?

Just thought I would throw this is from the Bournemouth Echo dated 15/11/12.

Meanwhile, Ford also revealed that Poole asset Jason Doyle was under consideration.

The Australian lifted his average from 5.28 to 6.50 as he helped Swindon to Elite League glory last term.

Doyle has already stated he would be keen to stay at Blunsdon in 2013 but Ford insisted: “Jason Doyle is very much an option. He had a great year and he did exactly what we always knew he could do.”

Ford added: “I don’t care if I don’t disclose the final team member until March 1, I really am in no hurry this year.

“It will have to be contracts that are beneficial to the club and if that means us taking our time in our assets, other clubs are just going to have to be understanding that our riders won’t be released until that point.”

Edited by Crump99

Theres always a spelling policeman on a forum :mad: ..and you must be so clever to spot them mistakes, and so busy too!...Is there anything else that can be said said about this asset based business...realy..its getting boring now and besides none of us know the real story so lets just see who signs who and look forward to the speedway racing..

• Like 1

Dakota North finished 2nd in the Aussie champs, beating several bigger names along the way. He should be given a reserve berth at P'boro this year on 3.47, its a no brainer. Lets hope the club he has signed for is indeed the Panthers.

yea but you said the same thing about Richard Lawson
  • Like 1

yea but you said the same thing about Richard Lawson

Think your confused chap, i have recently been explaining why Lawson should not be in the team, with his dreadful away stats. I refer you to post 1450. Edited by blupanther

Isn't North an "asset" of Peterborough? No chance of him wanting to ride for his parent club then! :wink:

Only top clubs have good assets, its quite funny watching all the vultures pick over those we cant use...we wish all our assets good luck in 2013 ......

Only top clubs have good assets, its quite funny watching all the vultures pick over those we cant use...we wish all our assets good luck in 2013 ......

Lets hope your 'top club' improve on your attendances over the last few years then...around 700 last year so Mr Frost said....

Lets hope your 'top club' improve on your attendances over the last few years then...around 700 last year so Mr Frost said....

its nice to see someone from our rivals who believe something that Frost says :lol:

It seems none of your other "assets" want to ride for you next season either :wink:

Does anyone else get fed up of the constant exaggerations and wind up merchants on here. :o