British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

I questioned Jan Stekkers on Twitter regarding the Fisher signing and he said rule 17.2.5 is the same as the 2012 rule book on the SCB website but the years have changed. That's why I've added the correct year to the rule.

Jan has said Fishers average is based on 17.2.4 but rule 17.2.5 contradicts that rule & Fisher should be 6.02.

No contradiction whatsoever.

If a rider rode in only ONE league last year (guest rides excepted) 17.2.4 applies and that average applies next season, converted if necessary. if a rider doubled up last year and rode in BOTH leagues last year then 17.2.5 applies and the average applying next season is the one attained last year at the level he will be riding at next year. Fisher only rode PL last year ( guest rides not counting) so only his PL average counts, converted in this case.

No contradiction whatsoever.

If a rider rode in only ONE league last year (guest rides excepted) 17.2.4 applies and that average applies next season, converted if necessary. if a rider doubled up last year and rode in BOTH leagues last year then 17.2.5 applies and the average applying next season is the one attained last year at the level he will be riding at next year. Fisher only rode PL last year ( guest rides not counting) so only his PL average counts, converted in this case.

What about rule that states in the 2012 regulations if a rider has a pl ma from 2011and a el ma from 2010 then the el ma is used

Edited by foreverblue

What about rule that states in the 2012 regulations if a rider has a pl ma from 2011and a el ma from 2010 then the el ma is used

What about it?

The only subsection that applies is the one that fits his particular case from last year - the one pertaining to a rider that has only one ma from riding in only one league LAST SEASON. He only rode PL last season so that is the only one that applies for next season.

What about it?

The only subsection that applies is the one that fits his particular case from last year - the one pertaining to a rider that has only one ma from riding in only one league LAST SEASON. He only rode PL last season so that is the only one that applies for next season.

But he rode el the previous season and has a el ma from that season

While I admit that I thought Fisher was a 6.02 EL rider, if those are the rules then 5.27 does look correct.

However, that could mean ..... for Example only ....... In 2013 Leon Madsen 6.10 (10.17), David Ruud 5.24 (8.73) and Denis Andersson 5.43 (9.05) make 8 appearances (4 home, 4 away) in the Premier League ...... sadly all three under perform and only average 7.00 in these matches.

Going by this, all three could then ride in the 2014 Elite League with a new converted 4.20 EL average !!! ..... Thats a saving of 4.17 in 12 months ...... Can this be right ?

Yes and the chances of that happening are ? About as likely as you and brum making a decent post between you.

Denis Andersson has already said he will not be riding in England in 2013. Lets say however he agrees to replace an injured #1 for a short time or to finish the season and he hardly scores ...... Should he then be allowed to return in 2014 on an EL average converted from those few PL meetings which could be as low as 4.00 ?

These are only examples ..... but it could easily happen a few times

But he rode el the previous season and has a el ma from that season

You may have a point here. Certainly, 17.2.5 states that, where a rider has a 2012 PL average and a 2011 EL average after transferring clubs then the EL average applies. Fisher has those averages and did transfer from Coventry to Edinburgh.

Its his 2012 prem lge average converted for 2013, it cant be his 2012 elite lge average, he never rode elite lge. How simple is that ..

Wow !!! You have that wrong............... There's nothing SIMPLE about speedway........ Everything has to be so complicated.....

Remind me, when did you say anything of any relevance ........................................ other than just nonesense comments.

Totally agree Brum, this bloke Avtar makes sly comments but does he ever have a real opinion ? None with any longterm gains for speedway just the odd sly dig here and there.
  • Like 3

Top signing by the Panthers, Not many better than Fisher on a 5.27.

As for the rules, I think that the latest average should always be used,Current form is much more useful than out of date information.

Bjerre - 8.18

Fisher - 5.27

Madsen - 6.10

Larsen - 6.57

Sundstroem - 7.87

Hougaard - 4.98

Lawson - 3.38

42.35 and I reckon that will end up as the side and it looks a solid outfit.

You won't get Madsen he doesn't want to race here and even if he did i would make you buy him!

Edited by foreverblue

Top signing by the Panthers, Not many better than Fisher on a 5.27.

As for the rules, I think that the latest average should always be used,Current form is much more useful than out of date information.

Bjerre - 8.18

Fisher - 5.27

Madsen - 6.10

Larsen - 6.57

Sundstroem - 7.87

Hougaard - 4.98

Lawson - 3.38

42.35 and I reckon that will end up as the side and it looks a solid outfit.

Another new name KKS!

• Like 1