British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

THere is an element of contradiction but 17.2.5 must be an exception to 17.2.4 if it is not to be meaningless so Fisher should be 6.02

Apparently, as he doubled up, he doesn't just have one of each. Yeah, exactly. Bull.

TBF, for 2 years now they used this understanding of the "rule", incorrectly IMO.

He may not have doubled up in 2012 but he made a number of guest appearances and should be on his old EL average of 6.02

I get that but the following rules then say

17.2.4 Where only one (EL or PL) average has been established the previous season, then that is the Average used, converted where necessary as per SR 17.2.2 for both Leagues whether full-time or Doubling-Up.

17.2.5 Where a Rider has a 2012 PL MA and a 2011 EL MA due to transferring Clubs before the 2012 season, then the EL MA will apply if transferring to the EL.

Every rule that follows should take precedent over the previous and don't you agree that 17.2.4 & 17.2.5 are very contradictory of each other and will only work from interpretation????

I think the rule book is complete $hyte and has been for years, it need as a complete re write of the chapters 17 & 18.

• Like 1

I think the rule book is complete $hyte and has been for years, it need as a complete re write of the chapters 17 & 18.

what...you want these clowns to re-write 'the rule book' and get rid of all the ambiguity? Good luck with that. :D

With all its loopholes it is actually quite conceivable that one of the BSPA was behind the tax laws in this country too :P

• Like 1

He may not have doubled up in 2012 but he made a number of guest appearances and should be on his old EL average of 6.02

Guest appearances of any kind and in any league do not count in the averages

All 2013 starting averages should be based on a rider's 2012 performance so in this case only his converted 2012 Plymouth BPL efforts should be used.

If a rider did not ride in 2012 then his 2011 efforts should be taken into account but if a rider did not ride during the previous 2 seasons then the adjudication proceedure should come into play.

I get that but the following rules then say

17.2.4 Where only one (EL or PL) average has been established the previous season, then that is the Average used, converted where necessary as per SR 17.2.2 for both Leagues whether full-time or Doubling-Up.

17.2.5 Where a Rider has a 2012 PL MA and a 2011 EL MA due to transferring Clubs before the 2012 season, then the EL MA will apply if transferring to the EL.

Every rule that follows should take precedent over the previous and don't you agree that 17.2.4 & 17.2.5 are very contradictory of each other and will only work from interpretation????

I can't find the rules with 2012 and 2011 inserted on the SCB site, just for the previous season. Could you provide the link for the updated rules for the coming season please.

As I read it, the rule states that a rider with only one actual average the previous season rides on that average the following season, either actual or converted if in another division, while a rider gaining two averages the season before uses the one pertaining to the division he will ride in next season. Fisher only rode PL last season (guest appearances don't count) so that's the average he starts on next year, converted if necessary.

• Like 1

I can't find the rules with 2012 and 2011 inserted on the SCB site, just for the previous season. Could you provide the link for the updated rules for the coming season please.

As I read it, the rule states that a rider with only one actual average the previous season rides on that average the following season, either actual or converted if in another division, while a rider gaining two averages the season before uses the one pertaining to the division he will ride in next season. Fisher only rode PL last season (guest appearances don't count) so that's the average he starts on next year, converted if necessary.

I questioned Jan Stekkers on Twitter regarding the Fisher signing and he said rule 17.2.5 is the same as the 2012 rule book on the SCB website but the years have changed. That's why I've added the correct year to the rule.

Jan has said Fishers average is based on 17.2.4 but rule 17.2.5 contradicts that rule & Fisher should be 6.02.

I questioned Jan Stekkers on Twitter regarding the Fisher signing and he said rule 17.2.5 is the same as the 2012 rule book on the SCB website but the years have changed. That's why I've added the correct year to the rule.

Jan has said Fishers average is based on 17.2.4 but rule 17.2.5 contradicts that rule & Fisher should be 6.02.

....Well if that's all of what is on your mind on boxing day maybe you should get a life!..is it such a big deal?If it was Poole I could understand all the hate as they do it every year but for me its about time the bspa let Peterborough get away with something.
  • Like 4

....Well if that's all of what is on your mind on boxing day maybe you should get a life!..is it such a big deal?If it was Poole I could understand all the hate as they do it every year but for me its about time the bspa let Peterborough get away with something.

If we are to have a level playing field nobody should be getting away with anything nothing to do with hate.

• Like 1

Wouldnt of bothered with Fisher myself but reading some of the previous posts hes either not good enough for the EL one minute tor hes riding on a false / incorrect average the next so come on hes either crap or hes a threat its time to make your mind up

Thinks its more to do with the BSPA applying rules fairly and are the same for everyone.

Fishes has an EL average so that should apply. Trying to do anything else is cheating the public (that applies to the BSPA and the Peterborough management).

• Like 1