British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

Has some of this got to do with the sudden appearing of the 2 from top 20 rule, which wasn't discussed at the pre AGM, and ruined Peterboroughs team plans?

Probably the most interesting post of the day? If that's the case then which clubs would be most disadvantaged and which would benefit the most?

Has some of this got to do with the sudden appearing of the 2 from top 20 rule, which wasn't discussed at the pre AGM, and ruined Peterboroughs team plans?

Are you seriously telling us that Frost & co are so dim they only had one provisional team in mind before the AGM ? I very much doubt it. They have been in the game long enough to have several potential line-ups in mind depending on the outcome of the AGM, just as most other promoters do. Peterboro weren't the only club whose team building plans the new rule affected, but the others had alternatives in mind. I would be astonished if Panthers didn't. The bigger question is why riders don't want to ride for Peterboro. Its certainly not the money, yet at various times NKI, Swiderski, Hans. and Batch have all shown reluctance to ride for them. I can't readily think of any other club that seems to have this problem. except arguably Belle Vue for obvious reasons.

Are you seriously telling us that Frost & co are so dim they only had one provisional team in mind before the AGM ? I very much doubt it. They have been in the game long enough to have several potential line-ups in mind depending on the outcome of the AGM, just as most other promoters do. Peterboro weren't the only club whose team building plans the new rule affected, but the others had alternatives in mind. I would be astonished if Panthers didn't. The bigger question is why riders don't want to ride for Peterboro. Its certainly not the money, yet at various times NKI, Swiderski, Hans. and Batch have all shown reluctance to ride for them. I can't readily think of any other club that seems to have this problem. except arguably Belle Vue for obvious reasons.

Frost took over in 2008 after being a visitor and then sponsor of Danny King, hardly counts as a wealth of experience in the world of shark infested custard. And at various times those riders (Swiderski only makes up the numbers so don't know why he's in the equation) have also wanted to ride for the club as have others who don't seem to have a problem with Peterborough. Andersen is always open to riding for Peterborough and still is if you read the articles. Batchelor allegedly hung around for Peteborough in 2011 (when nobody else was busting a gut to sign him) and is just whinging on as he does. If Frost hadn't got Bjerre and Iversen sorted of with Lynn in 2011 then they could have been out of work anyway so that's gratitude from Iversen. The problems are just business and people playing to their own agenda.

But back to the issue. Did this rule come out of nowhere at the AGM? If so who proposed it and was it on the agenda beforehand? Which clubs were most disadvantaged? Which clubs benefited? Which clubs didn't it make a difference?

I think Meridian Lifts has that honour.

I like their lemon tea though!

Edited by Crump99

Yes - but just between Peterborough and Coventry :rolleyes:

I'm surprised the deal went through actually because as part of it we offered MH the choice of Andersen, Iversen and Batch so that they all could earn a living but they'd rather call the shots and be out of work allegedly. Apparently Batch was keen but MH said that he had enough car park staff!

• Like 2

Fisher on 5.27 is plain wrong.

He should be on 6.02, his 2011 EL average.

Well it's a change from the want away three, I can see this one running a while!

Facts please.

Beware the double digit post count poster :wink:

Edited by Crump99